Default Sundering Ooze and Augment Summons/Druid Past Lifes

Do Sundering Oozes, from either the Guard or Weapon procs, gain benefits from Augment Summons, Druid Past Lifes, or Pack spells? I am going to be making a GS Q-staff and an army of +10 oozes seems pretty sweet to possess.

They're slow and mostly ineffectual and often last a while simply because they rarely make it to a combat in time and don't hog the threat. I've occasionally popped out two and I've seen four at once from someone who had multiple ooze items but they're mostly flavour.

They are fun when they come out unexpectedly, especially when it hasn't happened in a while and you've forgotten you had an ooze item on. I wouldn't expect them, no matter how buffed, to come save the day though! Besides, they're oozes, now if they were giant chocolate puddings, I might still be wearing my dragontouched ooze robes!

Of course now I'm wondering if the Epic Destiny summon buffs affect them as well as those you've mentioned, might be time to brush the dried slime off my ooze robes after all!

Having run with Oozers, it definitely adds to the fun factor of the game. However, the Oozers I have run with used Manyshot/IPS and Bows or Repeaters.

The best part about ooze items is when one procs, everyone has to take a drink! At least in my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    The best part about ooze items is when one procs, everyone has to take a drink! At least in my guild.
    LOL good call!

A ranger with Manyshot and Improved Precise Shot (so single arrow may hit multiple targets, with proc chance on every one) can summon enough oozes in a short time to make a difference. They will not save you if you are being overwhelmed, but they can take aggro, especially from the farther enemies, and allow you to deal with fewer mobs at a time. Occasionally I finish a fight with 2-4 oozes milling about; they will follow me into next fight if I do not run too fast.

But for anyone else, proc rate is just too slow.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

So I just finished making my Dual Aspect GS Q-staff that makes Oozes...and YES IT WORKS!!! My Black Puddings have both Druid Past Lifes and Augment Summon!!!! So I can have a +10 ARMY OF OOZES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    So I just finished making my Dual Aspect GS Q-staff that makes Oozes...and YES IT WORKS!!! My Black Puddings have both Druid Past Lifes and Augment Summon!!!! So I can have a +10 ARMY OF OOZES!!!!!
    Take the Primal Avatar hireling/pet/summon bonuses, too while at it
    Quote Originally Posted by amnota View Post
    Halfling thrower builds are fun.

Of course the trick is in knowing just how to bend the halfling...otherwise they never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by pelaaja View Post
    Take the Primal Avatar hireling/pet/summon bonuses, too while at it
    Well I still need to see if the "Pack Spells" do anything as well. Then I could have a pretty strong team of slow moving death pudding, unless I cast Haste of Mass Longstrider!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Well I still need to see if the "Pack Spells" do anything as well. Then I could have a pretty strong team of slow moving death pudding, unless I cast Haste of Mass Longstrider!
    Ya know.. I don't recall ever seeing sundering ooze guard in the loot tables like disintgration, lighting strike, frozen, steam, magama, etc. are.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Ya know.. I don't recall ever seeing sundering ooze guard in the loot tables like disintgration, lighting strike, frozen, steam, magama, etc. are.
    You have to craft it in either Greensteel (Accesories) or Dragontouched Armor for the Guard. Currently, only Greensteel weapons can have the Sundering Ooze effect. So at best you could have two weapons with Sundering Ooze, 1 armor, or 1 accessory, for a total of 3 "types" of Ooze making.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    They're slow and mostly ineffectual and often last a while simply because they rarely make it to a combat in time and don't hog the threat. I've occasionally popped out two and I've seen four at once from someone who had multiple ooze items but they're mostly flavour.

They are fun when they come out unexpectedly, especially when it hasn't happened in a while and you've forgotten you had an ooze item on. I wouldn't expect them, no matter how buffed, to come save the day though! Besides, they're oozes, now if they were giant chocolate puddings, I might still be wearing my dragontouched ooze robes!

Of course now I'm wondering if the Epic Destiny summon buffs affect them as well as those you've mentioned, might be time to brush the dried slime off my ooze robes after all!
    Entirely wrong, you've simply only tried the guard on the robes and never the weapons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXZ7ErMDQKg

Ok so I played around with my GS Staff in AH, GH, Sorrowdusk, and Red Fens. The oozes spawn VERY infreguently (but this is expected at 1% proc), are decent damage and threat soaks (I have had a few occasions where my kill count is going up and neither I nor my wolf are killing anything, when I back track I find 2~3 oozes killing random enemies). Plus they seem to climb inclines! Take that Duergar scouts looking all tough on your rock ledges... eat slow undulating black pudding death! Also, they appear to retain speed during Into the Deep water combat, I am still faster but they don't appear to be slowed. Finally the buff spells work!!! I have stone/bark skinned and the pack spells work, I have not hit Epic levels yet, nor tried using Fires of Purity, nor have I had a Bard try any songs. So far it behaves like any other summon spells, so I currently assume that the other abilities work.

Community Member

You should try that in some beholder infested quest, anti magic cone turns them against you

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Modulex View Post
    You should try that in some beholder infested quest, anti magic cone turns them against you
    I have been the victim of "Pudding on Pudding" violence. It has actually quite funny until everyone's weapons began to break. Also, the Primal Avatar EDs work (when they work) as well.