Community Member

Default DDO Points price increased

Has anyone else noticed this?has there been given any reason for this?

Ex: a few weeks ago,with pay by phone,the lowest price option available was 140 DDO points for 2$, now,the lowest one available is 4$ 200 DDO points.
    I'm sure,the regular payment option ones has been increased aswell,but since i cant actually remember the prices a few weeks ago im not going to guess here.

Did it go up because GIVE US MOAR MONEY,or is there another reason behind it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4zYSnOOpY View Post

Ex: a few weeks ago,with pay by phone,the lowest price option available was 140 DDO points for 2$, now,the lowest one available is 4$ 200 DDO points.
    I'm sure,the regular payment option ones has been increased aswell,but since i cant actually remember the prices a few weeks ago im not going to guess here.

My guess? The transaction fees incurred on a $2 charge didn't make it worth while to have.

Community Member

But it was the 140 for 2$ for so long,and what about the the non phone pricings?i cant give a real comparison due to me not remembering the pricing before,but im sure they've gone up aswell.

Community Member

Certainly, the price per Turbine point is worse (for us) at 200/$4 than at 140/$2. For $4, you should get more like 300 TP (based on the "economy/family size" principle).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by walkin_dude View Post
    Certainly, the price per Turbine point is worse (for us) at 200/$4 than at 140/$2. For $4, you should get more like 300 TP (based on the "economy/family size" principle).
    oh yes,exactly thats why im,posting about it,its an obvious increase in DDO points value. im sorry for not mentioning this reason.

ex: before it was 140 Points for 2$ now its 200 Points for 4$. if before 140 was 2$,you would get 280 for 4$,but since you only get 200 for 4$ currently,it would be like,2$ for 100 points which is a decrease in number of points per $ compared to before.Therefore its an increase in its price/value

Hope its not too confusing

But it was the 140 for 2$ for so long,and what about the the non phone pricings?i cant give a real comparison due to me not remembering the pricing before,but im sure they've gone up aswell.
    I have no idea about the phone pricing - I suspect the charges they incur have gone up causing them to raise the cost and eliminate the smallest bundle - but the non-phone pricing is still pretty much the same for at least since MOTU pre-order and really I think for the last 3+ years; the main new thing was the addition of the $199.99 option about a year ago.

ahh thats a shame since the phone money was the only money that i had,that didnt get any actual use due to the service i have currently.

And i understand there not being any dev post about the increase in "phone"points,since well not many ppl use it i conclude.

where do you buy turbine points with "pay by phone"? is this only available in europe?

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    where do you buy turbine points with "pay by phone"? is this only available in europe?
    Yes i am from europe,**** now that i think about it,i may have made a mistake has my $ = to my currency which is euros and not $$(dollars) so my bad on that guys.
    And yes at least here,when buyin points,if you click on more payment options or somethin,there is a "pay by phone" one,the points cost increase by a bit due to it not being a direct transition and some of the money havin to go to the billing company yada yada yada,but in my case its worth it since the money that goes into the phone to keep my calls and messages free,has no use since well,everythins free <.<
    No idea if its a europe only thing,but i would think not,has,i dont see the point in restricting that payment option to europe only.