Community Member

Default Hey Devs!!! Do Lore items work or not? Transparency...

Im really not keen on testing this **** every .X patch.

Are lore items working? If not, why not? is it on purpose?

I could quote a dev saying transparency was important and blah blah blah, but as W said, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice cant be fooled again.

Just tell us if lore does anything.

Last i read, the 18.2 patch was a bandaid for the new and way more improved system that will be released in the expansion.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Add our spell critical chance and spell critical multiplier to our character sheets and you've future proofed the transparency.

Can think of no good reason why this hasn't been done already. Some time ago, we got a pop-up with spell power on it, but seems like nobody thought about crits?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

The threads I read yesterday (and the data testing they listed) indicated that items were working for crit effects but enhancements were not.

Community Member

Default geez

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    The threads I read yesterday (and the data testing they listed) indicated that items were working for crit effects but enhancements were not.
    Guess transparency isn't enough. If the enhancements are still not working (which is what turbine claimed to fix for sure) then being transparent is pointless if you have no idea what you change.

Testing always falls on the player, then we have to PROVE stuff isn't working, then we have to wait for a patch that may or may not fix what was intended to be fixed, then we have to test more since testing apparently doesn't make shortterm cash like shinies.

Exhausting.

EDIT: As far as adding crit% and multiplier in character sheet, thatd be great. I fear they wont add it because it would be too obvious when they stealth nerf or they are afraid of unusual builds taking screenshots of crazy stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Add our spell critical chance and spell critical multiplier to our character sheets and you've future proofed the transparency.
    Given that one of the bugs was that spell power wasn't displaying correctly on the character sheet, this wouldn't really help at all - you'd still have to verify that the damage you're getting in-game matched what appeared on the character sheet, and that what appeared on the character sheet matched what your build/gear should add up to.
    Really, it would just be one more thing that could break.

Now, it should still be there, and I hope that the mythical Character Sheet V2.0 that was mentioned some time ago is still being worked on. But it wouldn't help with determining what things they've fixed or not.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Guess transparency isn't enough. If the enhancements are still not working (which is what turbine claimed to fix for sure) then being transparent is pointless if you have no idea what you change.
    Given what major has let slip in the past, we know that the live release is NOT the same as what they run QA on. Apparently they made changes to make it similar, but unless it is identical code that is tested and released, then QA can not validate anything for fact. Which is really sad and is why things are left unto players to validate.

Let alone their code management system is such that once something is fixed, someone else comes along in the next patch/update which breaks it. This speaks of a very ****** management system (tools and processes). If these issues kept getting released to live, I would have been forced to find new work.

I think we would have less issues if Developers actually developed on code that was actually based on live and not what we may see in the next 2 years, less issues would arise as well.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Last i read, the 18.2 patch was a bandaid for the new and way more improved system that will be released in the expansion.
    Way improved, 10% less crit chance across the board, 50 to 100% less multiplier, all Lore affixes replaced by shattermantle*

*probably