Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly_LightInDark View Post
    Buy the House C pack they you dont have to farm. The quests themselves have low xp but running the challenges should easily push you over the top (Since you are running first time) and you can get the challenge gear as a side bonus.
    The challenges (Vaults of the Artificers) don't come with the House C pack (Secrets of the Artificers).

I hear lots of people saying "hold a level, hold a level" and yada yada...

I get "meh".... I never held any levels, except a few exceptions where I didn't want to make a party member have a xp penalty because my over-level.

And no, I don't have all the packs (at higher levels, I only have Reavers Refuge, Vale, IQ, Reign of Madness), and my TRd sorc is currently at level 18 on a 3rd life.

I know I can level with not much of a problem here and there, and I will not hold a level for that matter.

What I do like is to enjoy the spells and feats I get when leveling up. If I hold a level "just because", I don't have these "goodies". Thats no fun for me. I like to level up. I like to get new spells and feats. I like to have a bit more SP and HP.

Yes you can level way faster when level 19 is hold back, but... Some people are here for the game enjoyment, and some are here for the fast game enjoyment. I work and play at normal speed, FYI.

To the OP, just look everywhere and watch your adventure list, I'm sure you can do more xp easily, if you have all the packs. Just remember most high level explorer areas go way beyond 750 slayers (1500 and 3000 and some go up to 7000 kills).

Farm some of those kills per day and you end up ranking fast. Not to mention the other suggestions here that others have said
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    The OP is serious. Just because you might have more knowledge/experience in the game doesn't make his question stupid. And nobody's opinion of you is raised by your mocking the OP.

When I yell at my students to keep their hands up when kicking (martial arts), and one of them asks why, I don't laugh in his face because the answer to the question is so obvious that he can't be serious. I explain to him why it's important. And I don't mock their ignorance because of my knowledge/experience. That is purely juvenile.
    If I wanted to mock them, I would have mocked them, I would not have called out their post as not serious.

Any person that TR's not once, but TWICE either plays solo and obviously uses the wiki and other resources, and knows all about TR, or they run with people that do.

Op is nothing more than a troll post in my opinion. Someone, in some cesspool or other did an experiment on a third life TR, and it is possible to once and done on elite everything and cap a third life (or so they claimed if I remember it right).

And other than claiming that "750 kills in all explorers so there is nothing left from them" (to paraphrase) was a dead give away.

making accusations such as laughing in peoples faces, or mocking them is what is pretty juvenile, especially when bringing martial arts into a forum thread.

Have a good evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    If I wanted to mock them, I would have mocked them, I would not have called out their post as not serious.

Any person that TR's not once, but TWICE either plays solo and obviously uses the wiki and other resources, and knows all about TR, or they run with people that do.

Op is nothing more than a troll post in my opinion. Someone, in some cesspool or other did an experiment on a third life TR, and it is possible to once and done on elite everything and cap a third life (or so they claimed if I remember it right).

And other than claiming that "750 kills in all explorers so there is nothing left from them" (to paraphrase) was a dead give away.

making accusations such as laughing in peoples faces, or mocking them is what is pretty juvenile, especially when bringing martial arts into a forum thread.

Have a good evening.
    Not trolling you, it took me two and a half months of active play time (only char I played at the time, a couple hours a day) to cap my third life bard. Sure, that bard wasn't nearly as zergable as a sorcerer is, but still, it can take a long time.

Also, assuming that someone inherently knows the best TR path is just stupid. You don't need a specific leveling path to do a first lifer, and even 2nd life is pretty doable without grinding or planning. So if you're not prepared for that kick of how much grinding you need to do, and how, when and where you need to do it, it's gonna be difficult. And knowledge on that grind isn't going to reveal itself if you've only played first and 2nd life characters. New players don't become vets of elite quests the moment they master quests on normal difficulty, you actually have to run elite before you can be a skilled player at it. Same thing with TR.

Also assuming that if he groups, that he's with TRs that are totally going to explain the grind is another flawed argument. Not everyone you group with is a TR, not all of them have methods to leveling that they can teach you, and (in pugs especially) your party members have no reason to share leveling plans even if they did have them, unless you ask. Do new players instantly become skilled vets the moment they join a pug or guild with a vet in it (yep, repeating analogies )? No, it takes actual experience playing.

Assuming that because someone uses the wiki to help with quests that they also inherently have seen the best quests to grind...I use the wiki rather religiously (admittedly more for planning builds/gear than quests) and have never accidentally come across a leveling guide. Once again with that analogy...I used the wiki starting from around a month after I started playing. And I look back on those days, and whoa, I was a newb. Wiki is not everything.

As for doing everything for elite streak on a 3rd life, I did that on my bard life, with the exception of a handful of raids (shroud, abbot, hox, DQ2 etc those ones you don't normally see elite streak groups for). I quickly got behind, elite streaking quests the same level as me, rather than 2 below, and had to find some way to catch up. No tome, and not many low level packs, but I did have all the high level packs at the time except the u15 pack which came out as I was leveling.

750 kills in an explorer area is not trolling, imagine running through the explorer to get to 1500 without farming a specific set of mobs. Just clearing through the entire explorer and resetting. It will take a while, and obviously not everyone wants to bore themselves on the same stuff just to hit level 20. Maybe try getting more than 750 on somewhere other than vale or orchard, where afaik there are no easy groups of large spawns to farm. Like shavarath, house C, mount reysalon, the prey on the hunter place or subterrane. I actually knew how to farm saomi gardens and eerie forest and only got them to 750 because doing the same rares more than around ten times just got mind grating. Same with doing the same quest that many times.
    Last edited by ZeebaNeighba; 06-27-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    sane asylum another ten times would get you there.

everyone makes this mistake once, but now you know why you dont take lvl 19 and why you hold levels. next time try to be level 18 rank 90+ BEFORE entering vale.
    If the game were designed properly you shouldn't even have to think about this, though. It always annoyed me that you pretty much are forced to bank XP to not get into trouble later on...

The worst thing is that once you find that out, it's probably already too late...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker96 View Post
    Hello Iam level 19 sorcerer (third life) and iam currently stuck at 4.248.097/4.378.500 xp(yes i have the greater learning tome) i have done most of the quests on e/h/n (except house cannith because i don't have the pack) and slayer on every area is above 750 so i cant get anywhere with this character.As mush as i love ddo thats the reason i left for 2 months well now im back i would love to tr and enjoy the game but i cant get to level 20 no matter what i do.Any ideas?
    What server are you on, and what is Said characters name?

In your shoes, I would :

Advertise where and who I am on the forums, incase a forum pro is willing to help you
    Collect Explorer zone points.
    Go back into level 14/15/16 quests on the highest difficulty you can easily complete them on. seriously, whilst not the best xp by forum standards, they're worth repeating for those less able.
    Look at my monster manuals to see if i'm close to getting XP bonuses.

TR'ing can be brutal between 18-20, with practice you'll get better, and there's no shame in asking for help.

Community Member

while this hasn't happened to me yet, i am extremely paranoid of it happening thats why as low as lvl 4, i am already banking XP and only ever do quests that are 2 levels lower than i am for elite bravery bonus.

If you have the MOTU expansion then i believe Challenges don't have XP decay and each one can give an avg of 5000. Luckily you only have about 100k to go so thats about 20 more runs on avg or 20 more quests.

If you do buy the Cannith pack, you could probably squeeze 100k out of that, same with Vault of the Artificers currently on sale could also give you non-decaying XP

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker96 View Post
    Hello Iam level 19 sorcerer (third life) and iam currently stuck at 4.248.097/4.378.500 xp(yes i have the greater learning tome) i have done most of the quests on e/h/n (except house cannith because i don't have the pack) and slayer on every area is above 750 so i cant get anywhere with this character.As mush as i love ddo thats the reason i left for 2 months well now im back i would love to tr and enjoy the game but i cant get to level 20 no matter what i do.Any ideas?
    What server are you on? If Cannith, Me and some guildies would be happy to help you get to lvl 20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12