Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default TR stuck at level 19

Hello Iam level 19 sorcerer (third life) and iam currently stuck at 4.248.097/4.378.500 xp(yes i have the greater learning tome) i have done most of the quests on e/h/n (except house cannith because i don't have the pack) and slayer on every area is above 750 so i cant get anywhere with this character.As mush as i love ddo thats the reason i left for 2 months well now im back i would love to tr and enjoy the game but i cant get to level 20 no matter what i do.Any ideas?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker96 View Post
    Hello Iam level 19 sorcerer (third life) and iam currently stuck at 4.248.097/4.378.500 xp(yes i have the greater learning tome) i have done most of the quests on e/h/n (except house cannith because i don't have the pack) and slayer on every area is above 750 so i cant get anywhere with this character.As mush as i love ddo thats the reason i left for 2 months well now im back i would love to tr and enjoy the game but i cant get to level 20 no matter what i do.Any ideas?

You cannot possibly be serious.

You seriously cannot find enough exp to get to 20. Even when you clearly state that your slayers are only at 750(ish)
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

sane asylum another ten times would get you there.

everyone makes this mistake once, but now you know why you dont take lvl 19 and why you hold levels. next time try to be level 18 rank 90+ BEFORE entering vale.

Community Member

Theres no reason to only run quests on E/H/N once, pick a few that you like, or a few that have good rewards and run them again. In that level range, IQ and Reaver's Refuge are good choices. I normally stop at 18 until I hit max XP, that keeps Vale Hard quests in range. You can still run Vale quests as well if you prefer, but you will take a 10% penalty on hard.

I'd run all the IQ Island quests and or mindsunder several times on normal, as they are fast completions and then throw in an ETK or Monastery if needed.

If you havent run the challenges they can also tide you over. I think you can still get a free token a day if you don't own the pack.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Community Member

The first third life toon can be very rough. Go get the rest of your slayers, stock up on challenge tokens and grind those. Complete any quests you have not already, even quests two or three levels below you still give xp. Find a quest you can run quick and keep grinding even after you hit "max repetition" penalty. One of the frustrating things about the challenge xp nerf is that some quests (such as sane asylum) are better xp per minute even at MAX repetition penalty.

In the future... DON'T TAKE 19 WITHOUT A PLAN. Turbine has engineered themselves into a level dead zone. You can't get help from above because they are doing epic. Most others avoid taking level 19 because the XP quests at that level are so horrid, so you can't get help at level. Many of the 18s are really 19s just holding the banked level and running lower level quests and they don't want the 19 in their group because they are running those lower level quests.

And so it is mentioned, there is hope that the coming quest XP re-balance will help address some of these issue. But I'll also mention that if Turbine released a new quest pack called the "level 19 blues" that were simply a set of fun to run quests at level 19 and gave good xp... I'd buy it as soon as it hit the store.

If you are really only at about 750 slayers in the Orchard you can probably get almost all you need from there. I believe 19 is till in the level range and the xp available for the remaining slayers from the 750 mark is approximately 140k if I'm not mistaken. Takes a while to get 7000 but if you're willing the farm the rats and caravan rares it's not too bad (approx. 75-100 each run if both spawn and takes about 5 minutes per run to burn them down with firewalls). Not as much fun as normal questing but it's an option at least.
    Antello - Kinisar - Erifeci
    Antelli - Antelly - Antellia

The Rogue Saints - Sarlona
    www.theroguesaints.com

Recommendations

1. Hit the two IQ island Quests 5x Each should still net you between 30K and 50K XP - Both of these quests can be run in Approx 5 minutes on Normal if you just focus on getting to the end.
    2. Run the solo IQ quests a couple times.
    3. Hit Reavers Reach Quests 1 more time each on normal - Going for fast completion

You didn't mention if you have access to Eveningstar. There are at least 2 new quests Level 15 base added out there you will have a 10% XP penalty on the base XP if you run elite more if you run it at lower difficulties. There is a 3rd level 15 but it requires the Expansion pre-purchase to access. Also there are 2 level 19 quests and a Level 17 Quest series (4 quests)

You will find grouping harder because you are level 19. The reason is that level 16 quests don't get bravery bonus unless everyone is 18 or less. Personally I don't hold levels while leveling until level 18 for just that reason because level 19 on most single class builds does not add that much power.

Community Member

Just saw someone else mention rats/caravan. At the very least I would ransack both this week and then again next week. As he mentioned, it's a short run, probably finish ransacking both in less than an hour, the loot is good, and you'll net about 525-700 kills a week. With a few extra kills that would be 16kxp just in the first week (assuming you were already at 750 kills). Do that for 3 straight weeks (basically taking 2 weeks from when you start) and that's another 32kxp before bonuses like voice/ship/xp pots.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Just saw someone else mention rats/caravan. At the very least I would ransack both this week and then again next week. As he mentioned, it's a short run, probably finish ransacking both in less than an hour, the loot is good, and you'll net about 525-700 kills a week. With a few extra kills that would be 16kxp just in the first week (assuming you were already at 750 kills). Do that for 3 straight weeks (basically taking 2 weeks from when you start) and that's another 32kxp before bonuses like voice/ship/xp pots.
    also bats and rats in vale are pretty good, esp on a caster with ddoor.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    also bats and rats in vale are pretty good, esp on a caster with ddoor.

And spiders even.
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    And, if you're not worried about getting anything from the chest you don't need to wait a week. Pretty sure they will still spawn even if the chest has been stripped bare, don't they? So you could continue racking up the kills even if nothing is in the chest. At least I think it works that way (I generally stop after ransack because I'm typically doing it for the tapestry shreds, not the xp).
    Antello - Kinisar - Erifeci
    Antelli - Antelly - Antellia

The Rogue Saints - Sarlona
    www.theroguesaints.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadj82371 View Post
    And, if you're not worried about getting anything from the chest you don't need to wait a week. Pretty sure they will still spawn even if the chest has been stripped bare, don't they? So you could continue racking up the kills even if nothing is in the chest. At least I think it works that way (I generally stop after ransack because I'm typically doing it for the tapestry shreds, not the xp).

Yes they still spawn even when chest is ransacked.

A person can cap necro slayers in a day if they truly wanted to. I did mine last life in 3 days not even trying hard.

I still remember my first life there, my entire level 20 on my first life was filled in Orchard. There is a ton of cheap easy EXP in there.

This is why I cannot fathom this being a serious thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadj82371 View Post
    Right, you can definitely run it until your eyes bleed...I was just suggesting that you can do it as a loot run and get a huge chunk of xp in 2 weeks while getting tons of taps, some tome/shield pieces, and tons of other loot. Then do the same thing as people suggested on some other slayers that are quick like bats/spiders in vale...quick runs for lots of kills and a chest. If you're in a guild it's really nice for guild renown as well. Feels like less of a grind when you do it this way which is what it sounds like the OP is looking for...less grindy options.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    This is why I cannot fathom this being a serious thread.
    The OP is serious. Just because you might have more knowledge/experience in the game doesn't make his question stupid. And nobody's opinion of you is raised by your mocking the OP.

When I yell at my students to keep their hands up when kicking (martial arts), and one of them asks why, I don't laugh in his face because the answer to the question is so obvious that he can't be serious. I explain to him why it's important. And I don't mock their ignorance because of my knowledge/experience. That is purely juvenile.

didnt see written yet...

dont forget Pots.

XP & certainly Slayer.

u can build up quite a few via daily rolls.
    -or just fess up some $ and buy them.
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Sane asylum is where it's at. Learn how to do the puzzle from DDO wiki and farm a few runs out. The Quest XP plus Puzzle is about 10k a run in 10 minutes or less depending on your DPS for the required fights.

Zone in buff
    Talk to Dork
    Turn left, open door
    Jump up
    Run the flame tunnel (fire shield cold)
    Start the maze. Once you figure out a path, the maze is real short
    Rest up at the shrine and do the puzzle
    Invis to the Nurse.
    PROFIT

If that wont work you can always run more vale quests. Those give you precious base mats for any green steel you might need.
    Last edited by Atremus; 06-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Go back and run the Vale on normal and/or all of the above advice. I would advise holding level 18 until cap, instead of taking 19. This will give you more options next life on questing without going above level on some good content.

Farming Monastery of the Scorpion on normal or hard would literally cap you in no time (I would usually do about half of level 19 in that quest alone), and it can be quite easily farmed on either difficulty with a pug.

You could literally cap in about an hour and a half if you got a decent group going (my average time with a pug is near 10 minutes, dependent on character type - obviously slower on melee, but a sorc should be able to get it done in no time).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

Sins of Attrition is another possibility. Solo farming Sins will give an easy 100k in less than an hour.

Default Buy the House C pack

Buy the House C pack they you dont have to farm. The quests themselves have low xp but running the challenges should easily push you over the top (Since you are running first time) and you can get the challenge gear as a side bonus.

Personally I hate farming a quest to death , it is boring and I play the game to have fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast