Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Here's my problem with it...bonuses should be applied for playing the game as its intended to be played, but executed very well. All the other bonuses are rewarding us for doing things we're "supposed to do"....ie kill mobs (or stealth past them all), break boxes, not die, not leave.

We're not NOT supposed to use the shrines. They're there, they're for us to use. Not using them is just an arbitrary way to increase the challenge, its rewarding you for handcuffing yourself rather than for playing well. It'd be like having a "non-proficient weapon" bonus or a "didn't use any spells" bonus...yeah its a challenge, its just an arbitrary one.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    All the other bonuses are rewarding us for doing things we're "supposed to do"....ie kill mobs (or stealth past them all), break boxes, not die, not leave.
    I don't understand how breaking boxes is "doing something we are supposed to do." I guess if we were destroying supplies, maybe, but not every quest is set up like that.

For example, one of the quests I detest (out of House P), Faithful Departed, allows you to break coffins and stuff yet you are their to prevent the sacrilege of the Drow destroying the place. A quest filled with Irony.

Another quest brought up earlier (different thread, also in House P) Purge the Heretics has players ransacking a temple to the Sovereign Host, the same one Clerics/Paladins/FVS worship Here. Now I understand the story line involving Gnomon but there should be an alternative quest for those who want to protect the temple.

And that is just two examples of many where the "breaking boxes" and being rewarded for it just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    I don't understand how breaking boxes is "doing something we are supposed to do." I guess if we were destroying supplies, maybe, but not every quest is set up like that.

For example, one of the quests I detest (out of House P), Faithful Departed, allows you to break coffins and stuff yet you are their to prevent the sacrilege of the Drow destroying the place. A quest filled with Irony.

Another quest brought up earlier (different thread, also in House P) Purge the Heretics has players ransacking a temple to the Sovereign Host, the same one Clerics/Paladins/FVS worship Here. Now I understand the story line involving Gnomon but there should be an alternative quest for those who want to protect the temple.

And that is just two examples of many where the "breaking boxes" and being rewarded for it just doesn't make sense.

"Breaking boxes" makes alot more sense if you don't always think of it so literally. It was explained very, very long ago, that it can be thought of as a video game abstraction of "searching". In a fast paced video game "searching" animations break the stride and are rather "boring" (think of Rogue's searching for traps and doors; many people wish that were sped up).

Just like there aren't literally "chests" everywhere. Both are sometimes just representations of "searching and finding loot".

Even in a video game, a little imagination is needed. Not everything is a literal translation of what you see on the screen.

Thumbs down

Umm no and lets dump the share buttone while we are at it this whole thing with people asking share first thing often before saying hi and many times its the only thing they say besides asking for buffs or heals. even more so when the quest giver is at quest entrance.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12