Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    End boss on kobold gives me trouble on anything harder than normal. I think monastery and prey are easy. I actually like prey.

Prey is a unique quest in my opinion. You are being chased/racing through a dungeon and have to slow down your pursuers/commpetitors as much as you can in order to get to the end and defeat the oncoming tide. You have a choice to do it fast or to kill as you go. Then you are faced with a choice to fight a tough (not difficult, just tough) boss and get extra rewards. The chase/race make it pretty unique, the choice of how to run and complete it make it fun, I like quests like that. Storming the beaches is similar in that you can do it in an extremely fast zerg through the underwater entrance or you can do a frontal assault and spend a glorious hour or so slaughtering everything in there. Quests that offer that choice are the best ones.
    Lol you stop feeling that way after about the 50th run and no closer to getting the rune you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    Enter the Kobold and Prey are easy, calling them a Nightmare is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Lol you stop feeling that way after about the 50th run and no closer to getting the rune you really want.
    Actually I have about 400 prey runs and still like it. I've been running it for three years and its not gotten old yet, for me. I have been known to run it just for fun even when I don't need any runes.
    Last edited by Havok.cry; 09-17-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Actually I have about 400 prey runs and still like it. I've been running it for three years and its not gotten old yet, for me. I have been known to run it just for fun even when I don't need any runes.

Yeah that one can be fun. It's also a real eye opener for pugs/groups who are adamant about dungeon crawling and killing everything. "What do you mean we failed? We killed everything!"

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Yeah that one can be fun. It's also a real eye opener for pugs/groups who are adamant about dungeon crawling and killing everything. "What do you mean we failed? We killed everything!"
    I ran one group that was mad at me for zerging ahead lol. I told tried to explain what was happening but I don't think any of them had their sound on so they probably couldn't hear me. Fortunately there presence at the end fight was irrelevant to my completion or we would have failed. They were still whining at me when I looted my rune, finished out and left them. They were still scattered though out the maze (the guy zerging is wrong no matter what, so his directions though the maze could not in any way be correct, even though he was through the maze)
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

I stopped messing with Dragontouched Armor once the Madness Packs came out because of the medium plate armor has healing amp + 1 guard + 1 slot (for another guard) and the light armor with the +10 reflex slotted is just as good as anything dragontouched especially when you consider the time factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    I am a huge DT fan. Or was pre-Frozen Tunic, but I still keep a set for swapping.

Last life I finally got my 'perfect' DT robes:
    -10 HAMP /20 HAMP / Smiting
    You spend all your time in Cannith Manufactury?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Default DT needs some love

The great thing about DT was how you could customize it. What DT needs is to double the number of slots for each tier, so you get two eldritch, two tempest, and two sovereign. Then, maybe people would use it. It also need some better runes as 2nd and 3rd tier. Vitality rune would be great, etc. Also could just dump 2 green slots on each thing would help as well. Maybe add a +5 natural armor bonus to every set as well? The whole thing just doesn't stack up well against newer armors in the level range.

I still use my DT armor for a couple of levels (16 to 20 I think) before I switch to PDK armor. Its pretty viable for
    those levels and I did put in work to get it on my first life. I haven't run the full chain in Reaver's Reach since then
    though because there are might few lfm's up for SoS. If they changed the flagging requirements for SoS I
    think it would get run a lot more. I've run into a lot of player's recently that had no idea how to get to Reaver's
    Reach, so maybe that has something to do with it as well.
    Mangas Geronimo (Paladin) Grocery Baggs (Ranger) Naiche Geronimo (Cleric)

Guild - Orien's Rejects

Quote Originally Posted by ranthrock View Post
    The great thing about DT was how you could customize it. What DT needs is to double the number of slots for each tier, so you get two eldritch, two tempest, and two sovereign. Then, maybe people would use it. It also need some better runes as 2nd and 3rd tier. Vitality rune would be great, etc. Also could just dump 2 green slots on each thing would help as well. Maybe add a +5 natural armor bonus to every set as well? The whole thing just doesn't stack up well against newer armors in the level range.

It has had a little bonus with the new armor update I noticed, but yeah it needs more.

I'm a bit sad about how useless all my mithril plates, breastplates , splint etc are now the new armors are around.

It is still possible to make good dt armor for heroics. It can be a nice way to consolidate otherwise hard to slot stats. but they are in serious need of an overhaul. Their are so many redundant, obsolete and just worthless runes.

Replace the actual rune drops from the chest with 'Diminished/Weakened/Glowing Dragon Touched Rune'. Then add a barter window to the vendor. Forget the crunching. Trade for what you want. This content isn't worth the grind. No time vs reward
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

10 amp/20 amp/First useful Sovereign you get is a very strong set of armor, probably best in slot for most characters from 16-19 and worth keeping as a situational swapin from 20 onward too.

No other effects other than healing amp remain relevant, but amp is just so powerful and every amp item you wear makes all of your other amp items significantly better. There are not many other options for 10 or 20 amp either.

10 amp/20 amp/Enervation Guard is particularly strong and rivals epic blackscale on melees that take a good number of hits, but grinding for the Ash rune may be too much to bear. Having full health EE trashmobs lose up to 3000hp quite often when they hit you is satisfying; the temporary saves debuff is even better.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    10 amp/20 amp/First useful Sovereign you get is a very strong set of armor, probably best in slot for most characters from 16-19 and worth keeping as a situational swapin from 20 onward too.

No other effects other than healing amp remain relevant, but amp is just so powerful and every amp item you wear makes all of your other amp items significantly better. There are not many other options for 10 or 20 amp either.

10 amp/20 amp/Enervation Guard is particularly strong and rivals epic blackscale on melees that take a good number of hits, but grinding for the Ash rune may be too much to bear. Having full health EE trashmobs lose up to 3000hp quite often when they hit you is satisfying; the temporary saves debuff is even better.
    You know, I never even thought of Ash. My Monk has two DT Outfits, one is a 10/20HAmp/Air Guard (The knockdown can be handy and who doesn't like free Hastes?), the other is a 10/20HAmp/Dodge. Annoyingly, not long after I finally got the rune of Dodge Turbine made the changes to Dodge...

Quick question for anyone who's experimented with them recently (Been ages since I messed around with DT Runes), does the Smiting rune still not work for Monks (i.e. Unarmed)? It was one of those runes I debated back in the day and gave up on when I learned that it didn't work.

It’s not bad if you have smiting armor or use outfits.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

The easiest fix for Dragontouched armor is to drop is ML down to 14, and add an augment slot. The biggest problem for the stuff is that there are LOADS of decent armor types from 16 to 20, and the realization that most people get their armor around lvl 17 or 18 anyways means that you get to use it for a couple of levels before you’re off to something better. If you give three attributes, and an augment it expands the armor’s functionality into 20 – 22 content (because you can upgrade the augment) and by dropping ML you make it attractive for TR junkies, much like GS today.

I’ve got a Dragontouched robe for my wizzy. It was OK (as it was one of my better pieces) until I got my Marbar Robes and TR-ed into a PM. After that, it has done nothing but occupy a bank slot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gljosh View Post
    I remember farming a "perfect" DT Outfit and getting to run it for a few lives. Back when rocking pajamas was cool. Then dragonscale got an upgrade and it just rocketed past DT. Easier to acquire (no random gems, run 3 quests, run a long quest, unlock option to get armor, grind runes, grind, runes, grind runes, etc.), lower level, and in most cases better.
    Lets look at the best defensive Robe (still no dragonscale outfit), the

White Dragon Scale Robe VS DT Robe
    Armor Bonus +8 Armor Bonus +6
    30 Cold Resist Heavy Fort or 30 Cold Resist
    +5 Deflection +5 Deflection
    +4 Shield +3% Dodge or +4 Insight or +4 Natural Armor
    Heavy Fort Level 16
    Level 14

So 2 more AC (unless you go with 3% Dodge), 1 additional ability, and two levels lower.

Blue VS DT Robe
    Armor Bonus +8 Armor Bonus +6
    30 Lightning Resist 30 Lightning Resist
    Spell Pen 7 Spell Pen 8
    Potency +52 Potency +56 or +84 Single Spell Power
    Greater Arcane Lore Level 16
    Level 14

So better Spell Pen, better Potency, still no Greater Arcane Lore, 2 AC less, and 2 levels lower.

Oh and pretty much no DT combo is close to the Black Dragon Scale robe.

Sure the DT armor has some great guards, that are now found on random loot.

So what do other people think?
    DT is customizable. If you grab a piece of loot by chance and you didn't have that planned, you can change the armor to make it fit and have no effects repeated/ have to pass from an item you wanted cause it doesnt fit you're whole gear.

----

And, as said above, Prey is such a well done quest !
    Last edited by harry-pancreas; 11-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Community Member

On Ghallanda one might bump onto an Elf Ranger with white hair in DT Shroud or Vestments.
    His bio says that he's a Tempest III
    Underneath he recently added a line about him trying to adjust back to the game after a very long absence

My shroud has Greater False Life, Air Guard, and Crushing Wave Guard - this is what i (used to) use in quests - do you think it's good?
    My vestments +1exceptional STR, +3exc. CHA skills, and Melodic Guard - i wear this when selling to vendors, cause i get no benefit from +STR and CHA skills at quests

Suffering from packratisasis and having forgotten so many things about the game - which has changed a lot in the meantime - I'm trying to sort-out my inventory and bank-space. There are some strange "stuff" in my bank , some of which i suspet are for flagging for the final quest in that chain (weren't there 3 stones you had to have?)

It's sad to see that some pretty good equipment i had back then has now become less potent in comparison to new stuff - for example i substituted a named item looted from a raid with a randomly generated one that i bought from the AH (i actually put the new item on a new slot and switched some gear around)

[oh, my head floods with questions]

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    DT is customizable. If you grab a piece of loot by chance and you didn't have that planned, you can change the armor to make it fit and have no effects repeated/ have to pass from an item you wanted cause it doesnt fit you're whole gear.
    Afaik, you cannot choose which effects to put on your DT, so how can you easily customize it (without grinding)?
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

0 years from now they will revamp that chain, add epic, and make it endgame.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by harry-pancreas View Post
    You need the draconic gems, just once to be flagged for SoS (Get them in the RR's explorer areas + sands + GH + orchard. One example is Sventusk's gem
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sventusk%27s_Gem

Plus everytime you wanna do SoS, not just once, you need the 3 dragon essences, you get them in the flagging quests (guess that's the strage items u got in your inventory :P)
    Thanks for reminding me the process You are correct, i have 2 dragon essences and more than 80 draconic runes. Plus, i gathered one of the gems in the Desert the other day, and wasn't sure what to do with it, now i'll go sell it.

I wish this and other stuff (spell components for example) could fit in some "bag of holding" and free me some inventory/bank space.

without grinding ? Just with luck :P though prey on casual can take from 10 to 20 mins and you get a tempest rune + draconic runes.
    With 3 tempest runes you can make a sovereign. With 1 sovereign and 1 draconic rune you can crush the sovereign rune you don't want back into 1-3 tempest/eldrith runes.

WIth 6 runs (2 hours max, thought i do that once or twice per day and use the good ol' patience) you can get 6 tempest runes (make 2 sovereign) + probably enough draconic runes to buy the khyber and siberys essence to do SoS again. 25 Runes per siberys/khyber essence. The eberron essence costs 50, but that's the one you get in pray.

That would give 3 sovereign runes in 3-4 hours as max, and if you don't like them you will get 3-9 eldritch/tempest runes, and you can have fun crushing for a while.

Trust me, is not that bad the grind if you don't care about xp while you're looking for the runes (bye bye BB streak + casual xp). I hate grinding, but i'm currently grinding DT and enjoying it a lot. Better if u find a person who wanna do the same

Doing 1-2 daily runs of prey, and not every day, i already got a levik's rune, supossed to be really difficult (can't say how many runs it took, i'm not constant hence i don't remember. Less than 10 for sure, and i'm talking about pray, without SoS.)

So, get a few tempest runes and eberron essences, make a few sovereign (crush them if you don't get what u wanted, if you do, grats! you're done ! lol).

Then run SoS, and after that, with the SoS reward (50 drac runes) + the eberron essences you got, you can run SoS again a few times (Till the eberron essences u got run out) you're ready to get a few sovereign runes pretty fast.

I admit i'm doing it over level, mostly to get what i want in the DT but for my second life. SoS is not easy to solo in the level, if it's possible (guess so)

Sigh, it's easier to do it than explain it...
    Oh, IIRC the big difference in the past was that you couldn't tell what kind of effect your armor would get before applying the runes on it, and that changed while i was still playing, but i had forgotten all about it.
    Thank you for the detailed answer
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast