Hybrid View

Default The loading screen is a little misleading about the hireling.

The loading screen when starting the game advertises the expansion pack, and how buy pre-purchasing the expansion pack you get all these bonuses. What's misleading is that the Owlbear hireling is listed, among the Iconic, the creature companion and "much more." So, thinking this I went ahead and bought the regular expansion thinking that because I bought "early", I get whats on the loading screen (Immediate in game bonuses). So after many attempts at purchasing and getting the code to work I finally got it to go through, but when I logged in, no hireling.

So, I sent in a ticket and was told that I have to get it as an add-on for more money. I thought, that can't be right, it says on the loading screen that you get the iconic, the owlbear, the companion, and much more when pre-purchasing. So I called customer service thinking they could offer more help, but all I got was a very nice lady who just kept channeling our conversation so I would get off the phone (Which I can understand, I once worked in a call center as well). So now I am stuck with something I bought thinking it came with xyz, and now I'm getting told "Oh, well, you only get x when you pay more." I figure, at least put something on the loading screen that says "Additional purchase necessary" next to the items that they are going to be deceiving about. I added the image of the loading screen to this post so you can look for yourself.

I look forward to the day where toons can be a Were-Pig.

Community Member

Default While we're at it...

Since we now have that nice screenshot, please also note that my English teacher insisted that it's actually "receive", not "recieve". I tried to convince her based on the Turbine typing, but since I couldn't provide a screenshot I lost that debate (she had an Oxford Dictionnary -.-)

Ignoring that you already have another thread about this, here's the thing: you go to the page to buy these things, and there's all these options presented in detail including a comparison chart.

The owlbear hireling comes with the legendary upgrade to the expansion.

As I said in the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutoth View Post
    @OP Bummer you didn't get what you thought you were getting.

In your defence, it looks like you didn't see the table of "what you get with which options" when deciding which option to buy.

Or maybe you didn't look at what each option came with, and just bought one without looking at it...

Better luck next time.
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

what wurmwood is saying indeed is that he is mislead. But he is right in bringing this forward that this (intentionally or not) not proper way of informing users this from Turbine's side.
    ( Since they sometimes do things in a sloppy way/or giving not enough attention like it should I really do believe it is unintentional)

Do you sign a contract just by looking at an ad? I think this one is on you. You should have simply read better the specifics of each expansion pack edition. They are pretty well explained and compared

Default clear

I think the OP makes a small attempt at "smoke and mirrors". while this would be an error possible by Turbine, whomever thought to put the comparison chart up made it "fool proof". you actually have to click the box next to the comparrison description in order to make the purchase. Turbine didn't screw this one up. OP! C'mon man! You can do better!
    Formerly known as Battlehawke until 5/9/2013 when a great storm came through (several weeks after the forum changes btw) and "Poof" Everything went away. ......Thanks Turbine....

Default Free bacon!

If they advertise around town you're getting free bacon with your broccoli and then at the point of purchase they have an unmissable sign behind the counter saying you have to pay extra for your bacon, you know you've been suckered.

Oh and Turbine, by the Twelve, find the illiterate idiot who wrote this sentence:

"PRE-PURCHASE NOW TO START FIRST EXPANSION QUEST AND RECIEVE IMMEDIATE IN-GAME BONUSES!"

and fire him!

Community Member

Default How can you get the owlbear hireling without legendary upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Hutoth View Post
    Ignoring that you already have another thread about this, here's the thing: you go to the page to buy these things, and there's all these options presented in detail including a comparison chart.

The owlbear hireling comes with the legendary upgrade to the expansion.

As I said in the other thread:
    Does anyone know if the owlbear hireling will be buyable either ingame on a vendor, or in the turbine store??? just pre-ordered the $49 expansion. not paying for the legendary upgrade, but would like to get the owlbear.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axefiend View Post
    Does anyone know if the owlbear hireling will be buyable either ingame on a vendor, or in the turbine store??? just pre-ordered the $49 expansion. not paying for the legendary upgrade, but would like to get the owlbear.
    We do not. However, they have never put the Panther in the store to date.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wurmwood View Post
    The loading screen when starting the game advertises the expansion pack, and how buy pre-purchasing the expansion pack you get all these bonuses. What's misleading is that the Owlbear hireling is listed, among the Iconic, the creature companion and "much more." So, thinking this I went ahead and bought the regular expansion thinking that because I bought "early", I get whats on the loading screen (Immediate in game bonuses). So after many attempts at purchasing and getting the code to work I finally got it to go through, but when I logged in, no hireling.]

i had exactly the same experience... at one point a looked into upgrading.. but i couldnt make it work.... no owl ber for me (