Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default A failure has occurred in submitting your support request

    Does the Support Staff get bonuses based upon failed support requests?

    To be perfectly clear, I have never submitted a SUPPORT request.

    I just tested the HELP button and I have a 404 ERROR as the screen.

    Wait, it cleared up.

    So, I go to report a bug.

    oops,

    "We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time the in-game bug reporting tool is down. To submit a bug please visit http://ddobugs.turbine.com?task=ticket."

    That works.

    Still, I have never submitted a bug and I have never asked for support. I don't waste my time waiting for a response, I can re run the quest faster than I can get support.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I'm getting this message too. The strange thing is I was getting it while I was playing "Lord of the Rings." I expect some sharing between the two games, but to share bugs? Each game has enough of their own not to need to borrow.



    Quote Originally Posted by TheNameIwasntB4 View Post
    Does the Support Staff get bonuses based upon failed support requests?

    To be perfectly clear, I have never submitted a SUPPORT request.

    I just tested the HELP button and I have a 404 ERROR as the screen.

    Wait, it cleared up.

    So, I go to report a bug.

    oops,

    "We apologize for the inconvenience, but at this time the in-game bug reporting tool is down. To submit a bug please visit http://ddobugs.turbine.com?task=ticket."

    That works.

    Still, I have never submitted a bug and I have never asked for support. I don't waste my time waiting for a response, I can re run the quest faster than I can get support.

  3. #3
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,936

    Default

    Had my own weird experience with this today, 3 times actually...

    While I can't say I've never submitted a request, it has been about a week, and it was dealt with promptly, appropriately & closed.

    On 3 separate occasions today, I logged into the game; on all 3 occasions there was an error message waiting for me in the chat window saying: "An error has occurred in submitting your support request." I brushed it off as just more DDO weirdness, but since it was brought up I thought I'ld add my bit...
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    402

    Default

    I saw it too upon login...

    [error] can't blah blah blah support ticket.

  5. #5
    Community Member griffin_230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 350zguy View Post
    I saw it too upon login...

    [error] can't blah blah blah support ticket.
    Yep, I'm getting this too at login.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    73

    Default

    I asked about this once in these forums and was told by several people that that's what always happens, that everyone always sees that message.

  7. #7
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asanarama View Post
    I asked about this once in these forums and was told by several people that that's what always happens, that everyone always sees that message.
    I started getting this message on every character login after 18.2 went live. I had not received it prior to 18.2
    There is no free lunch.

  8. #8
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Get it on every char, every login, since this 18.2 patch.

  9. #9
    Community Member Wanesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Get it on every char, every login, since this 18.2 patch.
    I guess:
    Game preloads help page on enter and receives 404 error. Game then interprets this status as submit error because before this bug it was only situation when this error can appear.
    Last edited by Wanesa; 06-30-2013 at 01:01 PM.

    Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng10), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic8)

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I've been getting this message as well, but it does not seem to effect anything so I ignore it.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Just bumping this thread because I've been getting the error too, on every character login.

    Not sure whether Turbine considers this a "Known Issue" or not; the KI list has something about updating of help tickets, but the way they've worded it I can't tell whether that is this issue or a separate one.

  12. #12
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    11,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    Just bumping this thread because I've been getting the error too, on every character login.

    Not sure whether Turbine considers this a "Known Issue" or not; the KI list has something about updating of help tickets, but the way they've worded it I can't tell whether that is this issue or a separate one.
    Really Turbine!

    Come on Please...

    Tell us why all of a sudden we're getting this message every single time we log in / alt!

    Is it a Known Issue yet?

    No it's NOT a Game Breaking issue per se BUT it is irritating!

    We'd just like to know whether we're going to have to put up with it OR whether you're looking at fixing it sometime soon is all.

  13. #13
    Community Member vampiregoat69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sneaking up behind you
    Posts
    241

    Default

    I get that every time I log in and have not sent anything to them.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Not only am i getting the failure in submitting........ error, Ive also noticed that when I log-in and get to pick which server I log into, it always says my last log-in on any server was today, when in fact it was yesterday or the day before.

  15. #15
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    I started getting this message on every character login after 18.2 went live. I had not received it prior to 18.2
    Ditto.

  16. #16
    Community Member Fedora1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    Ive also noticed that when I log-in and get to pick which server I log into, it always says my last log-in on any server was today, when in fact it was yesterday or the day before.
    Ditto.

  17. #17
    Community Member FranOhmsford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Posts
    11,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlannis View Post
    Just bumping this thread because I've been getting the error too, on every character login.

    Not sure whether Turbine considers this a "Known Issue" or not; the KI list has something about updating of help tickets, but the way they've worded it I can't tell whether that is this issue or a separate one.
    4 Days later and re-bumped!

  18. #18
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    I tried to report this bug with the bug reporting support system, but the bug report bugged.

  19. #19
    Community Member xXbikergirlXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Looking for chocolate....
    Posts
    585

    Exclamation Glad it's not me!

    Thought I'd done something wrong.....hit an odd key or something similar. I also get this message in my chat window on all toons on login but only since last update. Wonder what they did this time?
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    321

    Default At least work on consolidating the bugs

    What I would really like to see is when I swap out any UMD effecting gear, a Window comes up that says "Where would you like to go" like the guild ship bug, and then when I close it give me the "support ticket error" message. At least having all the bugs in one place will make it feel more personal. I mean if ya can't fix 'em, put 'em all in a pile?
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

    Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload