Thread: Path pre-builds

Community Member Mysteria_Sdrassa's Avatar

Default Path pre-builds

Ok,, on the old forums there were pages that detailed just what you got if you stayed on one of the pre-built paths. Spells, feats, skills, etc. were all there telling you what you got and when you got it. Have these pages completly gone away? or are they just hiding somewhere else. They were pretty handy for determining some of the builds i have made, knowing what I would, or not get at what level and when. Can anybody help?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteria_Sdrassa View Post
    Ok,, on the old forums there were pages that detailed just what you got if you stayed on one of the pre-built paths. Spells, feats, skills, etc. were all there telling you what you got and when you got it. Have these pages completly gone away? or are they just hiding somewhere else. They were pretty handy for determining some of the builds i have made, knowing what I would, or not get at what level and when. Can anybody help?
    I can't find them and the usual trick for converting an old thread url to a new one isn't working.

So best I can advise is using the ddo wiki at http://ddowiki.com/ for information on classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zillee View Post
    I can't find them and the usual trick for converting an old thread url to a new one isn't working.

So best I can advise is using the ddo wiki at http://ddowiki.com/ for information on classes.
    I know all about that wiki and I'm afraid it is no help whatsoever as the pages that detailed the path builds were linked to the old forums from there and they are now 404. thanks anyway

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-new-players

Was that what you were looking for where tihocan had pointed-out the flaws in the paths and how you could built it better?

The pre-made paths do not make for a good character. This is really too bad because I would think a lot of new players would use these. It would be better for the developers to redo these, perhaps after the enhancement pass. Or even better, have experienced players build these.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

@MartinusWyllt
    No,, these are his rebuilds,, what i am looking for were the original turbine builds,, telling exactly what spells, feats, skills, etc that you got at what level if you just clicked the "stay on path" button when you went to see a trainer
    if you look at his post,, the links to these paths are still there,, however if you click on them,, the page is gone

@Ralmeth
    although i do agree that the paths builds are somewhat "broken",,, i find it rather stimulating and challenging to use them just to see if i can "make it work" with a decent combination of gear and enhancements,, thus my desire to know what i will be getting when, so i can plan out how to spend enhancement points and when to spend them wisely

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    The pre-made paths do not make for a good character. This is really too bad because I would think a lot of new players would use these. It would be better for the developers to redo these, perhaps after the enhancement pass. Or even better, have experienced players build these.
    This. I could understand the "make it work" thing, but those builds are mostly played by newbies. So it would be best to give them a good and simple build to start experiencing the game.

PS IMO you should add some extra equip for those builds, since most of the people who are going to play them are probably unaware of what to equip. For example a light fortification item. I see a lot of people new to the game that even at higher levels still don't know about the importance of fortification. So maybe if you give it one from the beginning they might learn about it sooner.
    Last edited by Zibowskij; 06-25-2013 at 08:08 PM.

The pages you're looking for were in the Compendium. That section of the website went away along with MyDDO. I'm not aware of anywhere else here or on the wiki site where the path builds are described in detail. Sorry.

Also, as others have said, the paths are very broken. I think that there still exist one or two that are so broken, you won't be able to choose the build's PrE due to missing pre-reqs (that may have been fixed, but why chance it).
    Last edited by BOgre; 06-25-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Ok guys,, i'm only asking if the pages *OR* information still exsists somewhere on the builds. I do not need you all telling me how "broken" they are,, i already know that and have stated i do not mind playing around with them just to see if i can make them work.
    What i would like is the information,, *if* it exists somewhere. if not,, just say so, or point me in the right direction if it does,, thank you

Ok guys,, i'm only asking if the pages *OR* information still exsists somewhere on the builds. I do not need you all telling me how "broken" they are,, i already know that and have stated i do not mind playing around with them just to see if i can make them work.
    What i would like is the information,, *if* it exists somewhere. if not,, just say so, or point me in the right direction if it does,, thank you
    I believe I started out saying just that:
    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    The pages you're looking for were in the Compendium. That section of the website went away along with MyDDO. I'm not aware of anywhere else here or on the wiki site where the path builds are described in detail. Sorry.