Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Optional repeat penalties are locked in the same way as quest repeat penalties. I can confirm this, as can anyone else who has ever destiny farmed VON3.
    Thank you.

I know when it was brought up in the Rusted Blades discussion, there was a lot of back and forth between players giving opinions but no examples, while the devs went MIA in the thread but could have come back and settled the question once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    As of now, the level cap for these Challenges is not planned to be raised for Update 19.

As for this, I'll refer you to the following post:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e2#post4886004

Thank you!
    In the post you cited, the biggest issue is:

The XP you can earn from completing star objectives in Challenges after the first completion has been increased. Repeated star objectives now grant 25% of the base XP.
    Again, it's like Turbine fails to get compound interest, double scaling, and such.

First time bonus being increased is meaningless for something that is meant to be replayed at multiple CRs and levels. Whether you want try and phrase it that base xp = 4x, 1st time bonus increases that to 12x, when you're only getting x through most of your play throughs, that stinks. As a player, we never see x XP, we either see 3x once, or .25x 95% of the time. To us, .25x is the base xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    With the release of Iconics, a player that wishes to get challenge ingredients can at least roll a toon to farm some, but the House C Epic mats will not be in any convenient range.
    I shall dare to disagree here. The optimal range currently is to TR a toon with maxed out destinies then farm epic mats as soon as you hit cap. Actually, just farming House C challenges at 20 with a full party (assuming at least two people know what they are doing) is a great way to get mats.

Also, farming at-level is always a great idea for any of the other challenges if you are a good player and know the challenge. You can get incredible rewards from challenges at level 4 for example and it is relatively easy for a TR with good gear to do this solo on many challenges.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    As of now, the level cap for these Challenges is not planned to be raised for Update 19.

As for this, I'll refer you to the following post:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e2#post4886004

Thank you!
    Why not? The pack has settings that span a certain level range. Why are higher level characters forced to accept a diminishing return in rewards at the higher end of the scale? Why are people who paid for this pack being punished with artificial barriers, just because their character is a certain level? Answer that please.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    If they ever returned the XP, it would only in-turn lead to another nerf a week later, resulting in a triple nerf of the XP. House C was a total failure
    Uhm, no. House C has two raids that are run every day on Thelanis.

The quests themselves, though, have slightly too low xp. And I agree that the challenges need their repeat xp penalties lessened to provide more xp.

But overall, House C is good. Can't stand the music, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12