Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Quest to farm guild renown?

Is there a best place for it? Or a best character level? Best quest level?

Does your character need to be the same level as the quest for best results?

Does any one have any idea?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Any quest with a lot of chests - run at level. So, for example, at lvl 4, Irestone Inlet would be a good one (although trophies and victories will be quite rare). If you are too far over level of the quest (3 i think) you won't get renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post

I would recommend Haverdasher on lv. 2-3 - simply run up to elite and elite until ransacked. 2 chests with a good chance on any renown and one renown in the end reward if you are under quest level. I even pulled an impressive trophy out of any 5-6 runs.

Very good chest / renown per minute on low levels: Durk, new Ringleader (with the 3 optional bugbear red names) and Irestone. All on elite and under level , of course.

I love Reposession once an hour as well - 2 times the end reward and 2 chests to loot.

Community Member

I'm interested in other peoples results also.

Mine are that Impossible Demands is the best quest for farming reknown. The reknown mostly comes from turn in of the quest though. ID is reasonable because it has a pretty quick turnaround time including recalling then running back out to the quest.

With decay turned off, my guild is making a final run at the level 85 ship, so we are very interested in the subject right now. I've tracked Impossible demands farming now over 2 complete quest ransack cycles (running it until there is no end reward).

The first toon pulled in just under 31K reknown and the second pulled in 27.5K reknown both were using a greater reknown pot (I bought a stack a long time ago when they were on sale and this is the first time the progress has made it worth burning the pots).

The first toon was level 22 the second was level 24. In both cases I stripped the end chest and ignored all others, but almost all of the reknown came from the turn ins.

I've not used it in a while, but Raiding the GiantVault is still a decent source of reknown also. You get 5 chests which occassionally drop reknown and an end reward in a 3-6 minute run. I used to farm this for reknown when the level cap was 20, but its not efficient for any of my toons at the moment.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Community Member

Renown.

Also while you can get 400k while TRing, it's much better at lvls 14+ and 20+. Lowbie quests for farm, you kidding ?
    Citw flags while capping, u 16/Gh/Fot/citw at cap, at least on EH.
    What quests do you "farm" during loot bonus if you need 4-5 upgrades ?

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Renown.

Also while you can get 400k while TRing, it's much better at lvls 14+ and 20+. Lowbie quests for farm, you kidding ?
    Citw flags while capping, u 16/Gh/Fot/citw at cap, at least on EH.
    What quests do you "farm" during loot bonus if you need 4-5 upgrades ?
    For those kidding on lowbie Quests, i had a farm toon running up 15k renown in about 10 minutes on Haverdasher alone - w/o pot. OK, guild bonus away, this still had been an impressive 7k. Several impressives and more than just a few tales of valor did the trick. Run Haverdasher 8 times on elite with a level 2 toon on all the chests and I promiss you at least 8 times heroic deeds and at least a 50/50 chance to pull further renown from any of the 2 chests inside per run. And most of the time you gain 2-3 impressives and 5-7 tales in the process!

Never underestimate the power of the shortest renown farming quest there is - Haverdasher can be done in an minute on a lv. 2 toon. 2 chests + end reward. One minute, mind you!

I farm Haverdasher elite to ransack (Two chests + end reward; only a chance at renown in end reward on hard or elite) at level 3 every life, and Raiding the Giants' Vault at level 18 (5 chests + end reward; lots of Impressives and Legendaries) every life. Definitely worth it.

Your level in relation to the quest seems to affect the chance to get renown trophies, although I'm not sure of the actual mechanic. It seems to me like running at-level (say, a lvl 15 quest on elite with a level 17) is not a 100% chance for a trophy in your end reward.

Reclaiming Memories
    Raiding the Giants' Vault
    Mining for Ancient Secrets

Its all in the end reward.

Default 3 day renown penalty

Guys what about the penalty for hitting 3 levels in a day? How to get around this? My understanding is that if you get 3 levels within a DDO day then you can no longer get renown from chests and rewards? What about sagas? When does DDO's clock reset? Is it just a day to reset? Hate to give up all the renown from chests and especially end rewards while doing sagas. This is a stupid limit IMHO. Shouldn't come into effect until after lvl 50.

2015 DDO Players Council

I like the High Road of Shadows wilderness area.
    Level 18 Heroic, characters level 14 to 23 get full experience and renown.
    Level 24 Epic, characters level 20 to 29 get full experience and renown.
    The wilderness is small and the encounters respawn as you run around killing stuff.
    I usually run around slaying until the area seems empty then recall / reset.
    Basically infinite chests as long as you feel like doing it.

Here's a good tip: DO THOSE SAGAS! The guild renown rewarded when you take the saga reward, especially at the true elite level, adds up.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

For low level, I like the house D "Depths" chain, basically, 1 fairly quick quest with 4 end rewards.

For highish level (up to about 24 for end rewards from all quests) I like the MotU saga, 13 quest rewards, 3 chain rewards and a saga reward on top of whatever you get in chests. Then run the 4 Harbor epics for another saga reward as they share the other 7 quests (no end reward renown for these though).

Default GH can be run fast on either HE or EE and gives good saga rewards

a very good renown farm on or slightly above level.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I like Sane Asylum for this. I can recommend running it on a character that has teleport - short run time, short quest, generally good renown in end reward. Rinse and repeat.
    It's definitely an N-word.

The fastest way to get renown is probably doing Heroic Elite Gianthold saga with a capped character.

thanks for the replies
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkston View Post
    Any quest with a lot of chests - run at level. So, for example, at lvl 4, Irestone Inlet would be a good one (although trophies and victories will be quite rare). If you are too far over level of the quest (3 i think) you won't get renown.
    This. So good low levels are Irestone, Shan To Kor, Tangleroot, Catacombs. Deleras chain has a decent amount, but not as many as those. Then tempest spine. I think if you hit the optionals, redwillows and gwylans are good as well.

Community Member

All of them.
    Get saga's and get the guild renown that way.
    Fastest way guaran-dam-teed.

Just a word of caveat: Heroic Sagas can only be run once a life. Epics can be run infinitely.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Just a word of caveat: Heroic Sagas can only be run once a life. Epics can be run infinitely.
    Heroic GH and I think Heroic 3BC can be run multiple times (though I think 3BC is on a 3-day Raid timer? Or is that coming in U23?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast