Default Remember when CC stopped mobs from moving around? I love that time.

Unfortunately, that time is not now. Kind of embarrassing that it's still not working correctly. I had a drow priestess sliding around after being stunning fisted in The Portal Opens on EH.

How many times has this been officially fixed and put in the release notes only to be shown not working? IAt least 3 by my count. Stay classy, San Diego.

Community Member

You would get scared/run/hide/slide too if you got smacked/stunned by invisible weapon, so there's your explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    You would get scared/run/hide/slide too if you got smacked/stunned by invisible weapon, so there's your explanation.
    My handwraps have always been invisible :P

Community Member

Good point. But force-push and fusrodah is kinda monky ish stuff isn't it ? So there's that too.
    Remember that time when you didn't see avatar, only the weapon ? We totally need a hotfix that would combine those 2 for total invisibility ! Monsters wouldn't just slide, they would rage quit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    Good point. But force-push and fusrodah is kinda monky ish stuff isn't it ? So there's that too.
    Remember that time when you didn't see avatar, only the weapon ? We totally need a hotfix that would combine those 2 for total invisibility ! Monsters wouldn't just slide, they would rage quit.
    At least they appear in time for the hit. I do miss those times the avatar was invisible and only the weapon showed. it felt like I was sliding everywhere like a held mob does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Doing it wrong. Instead of continuing to talk about mobs being able to move after being stunned, we have to find a way for players to be able to run all over the place when stunned. If this happens the servers will come down 10 minutes later.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Remember when CC stopped mobs from moving around?
    No... can't really say I do. When was it?

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    No... can't really say I do. When was it?
    August 13th, 2006. Yes, it was only one day, but it was a glorious day.