Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Guild Chat Bug

  1. #1
    Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    229

    Default Guild Chat Bug

    Is anyone else having a recurrence of the old Guild chat bug were some members cant see what others are posting in guild chat?

    Last night we had a few guildies thinking they were being ignored until we started sending tells.

  2. #2
    Community Member nikos1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    463

    Default

    it happens to our guild also, but very rarelly. i remember maybe 2 or 3 times so far. reloggin fix it.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

  3. #3

    Default

    I couldn't see a linked item in guild channel last night until it was put into party chat.

    Nice to know a relog can fix it.

  4. #4
    Community Member Ehmadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I filed a support ticket when this happened awhile ago and relogging didn't fix it. Here are the recommendations made by support. It did resolve the issue for me.
    Greetings ,

    Thank you for contacting Turbine Technical Support. Please perform the steps outlined below:

    Click on the Windows "Start" button.
    Then click on My Documents or Documents.
    Double-click the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder.
    Within there locate and open the userpreferences.ini file.
    Within that file under the sectioned titled [Net] change UserSpecfiedPort to 9000 (e.g. UserSpecifiedPort=9000 )

    Exit the file and choose yes when prompted to save changes prior to launching the game to test these settings.

    Thank you,
    The Turbine Technical Support Team

    Best of luck!

  5. #5
    Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehmadeus View Post
    Click on the Windows "Start" button.
    Then click on My Documents or Documents.
    Double-click the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder.
    Within there locate and open the userpreferences.ini file.
    Within that file under the sectioned titled [Net] change UserSpecfiedPort to 9000 (e.g. UserSpecifiedPort=9000 )

    Best of luck!
    Nice one, thanks

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MelkiorPeasantbane View Post
    I couldn't see a linked item in guild channel last night until it was put into party chat.

    Nice to know a relog can fix it.
    There IS something going on right now with the UserChat channels, I know for sure. This seems to be an old bug, re-emerged.

    When I logged in last night, the game told me that Chat Room #3 was not valid. So, I tried to /joinchannel ChannelIWasIn. It said that I was already in the channel. So, I tried /leavechannel ChannelIWasIn. Is said that I could not leave. So, I relogged. After relogging, I could once again communicate in my UserChat channels.

  7. #7
    Community Member -D_Rock-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the depths of the minds who can see it.
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ehmadeus View Post
    I filed a support ticket when this happened awhile ago and relogging didn't fix it. Here are the recommendations made by support. It did resolve the issue for me.
    Greetings ,

    Thank you for contacting Turbine Technical Support. Please perform the steps outlined below:

    Click on the Windows "Start" button.
    Then click on My Documents or Documents.
    Double-click the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder.
    Within there locate and open the userpreferences.ini file.
    Within that file under the sectioned titled [Net] change UserSpecfiedPort to 9000 (e.g. UserSpecifiedPort=9000 )

    Exit the file and choose yes when prompted to save changes prior to launching the game to test these settings.

    Thank you,
    The Turbine Technical Support Team

    Best of luck!
    Just wanted to say that even though this post is so old, it still holds true today. i had problems about a year ago with the chat bugs. not just guild but party and i searched my brains out to find a solution. eventually i came to this post and it solved all my problems. after doing so i immediately bookmarked this post and now share it to everyone who says they have a chat problem. It still helps many today. sharing is caring. that is all
    Proud leader of The Forgotten Creed of Argo. long live PNP & Gary Gygax immortalized.
    Main: Magnusss Arcanum of Argonnessen

  8. #8
    Community Member Ehmadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I'm glad that my experience from a few years ago is still helping people!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload