Thread: Guild Chat Bug

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Default Guild Chat Bug

Is anyone else having a recurrence of the old Guild chat bug were some members cant see what others are posting in guild chat?

Last night we had a few guildies thinking they were being ignored until we started sending tells.

it happens to our guild also, but very rarelly. i remember maybe 2 or 3 times so far. reloggin fix it.
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

I couldn't see a linked item in guild channel last night until it was put into party chat.

Nice to know a relog can fix it.

I filed a support ticket when this happened awhile ago and relogging didn't fix it. Here are the recommendations made by support. It did resolve the issue for me.
    Greetings ,

Thank you for contacting Turbine Technical Support. Please perform the steps outlined below:

Click on the Windows "Start" button.
    Then click on My Documents or Documents.
    Double-click the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder.
    Within there locate and open the userpreferences.ini file.
    Within that file under the sectioned titled [Net] change UserSpecfiedPort to 9000 (e.g. UserSpecifiedPort=9000 )

Exit the file and choose yes when prompted to save changes prior to launching the game to test these settings.

Thank you,
    The Turbine Technical Support Team

Best of luck!

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ehmadeus View Post
    Click on the Windows "Start" button.
    Then click on My Documents or Documents.
    Double-click the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder.
    Within there locate and open the userpreferences.ini file.
    Within that file under the sectioned titled [Net] change UserSpecfiedPort to 9000 (e.g. UserSpecifiedPort=9000 )

Best of luck!
    Nice one, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MelkiorPeasantbane View Post
    I couldn't see a linked item in guild channel last night until it was put into party chat.

Nice to know a relog can fix it.
    There IS something going on right now with the UserChat channels, I know for sure. This seems to be an old bug, re-emerged.

When I logged in last night, the game told me that Chat Room #3 was not valid. So, I tried to /joinchannel ChannelIWasIn. It said that I was already in the channel. So, I tried /leavechannel ChannelIWasIn. Is said that I could not leave. So, I relogged. After relogging, I could once again communicate in my UserChat channels.