Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default epic token new farm quests?

I am missing some tokens and need them fast, so decided to run DA as I always did.
    I was promised to get: Dungeon Tokens per difficulty: EC: 15-25 fragments. EN: 0-2 Dungeon Tokens. EH: 2 Dungeon Tokens. EE: 2.5 Dungeon Tokens. from DDOWiki
    What I got was 30 epic token frags. on EE. maybe Im just late on noticing this, but anyway, is this WAI?
    Where are the new token farm areas, if there are any? or did Turbine decide that we dont need a quest to be available to farm for tokens at all?

Quote Originally Posted by YoureDown View Post
    I am missing some tokens and need them fast, so decided to run DA as I always did.
    I was promised to get: Dungeon Tokens per difficulty: EC: 15-25 fragments. EN: 0-2 Dungeon Tokens. EH: 2 Dungeon Tokens. EE: 2.5 Dungeon Tokens. from DDOWiki
    What I got was 30 epic token frags. on EE. maybe Im just late on noticing this, but anyway, is this WAI?
    Where are the new token farm areas, if there are any? or did Turbine decide that we dont need a quest to be available to farm for tokens at all?
    Currently, Devils' Assault is followed by (the one after Lords of Dust - name escapes me ATM) in terms of good token farm quests.

How many times did this happen? Could it be a one run fluke, or was it a steady 30ish frags accross several elites?

If the patch gooberd token drops, it might be too soon to tell if it's quest specific or accross the board; or what the new "sweet spot" would be...

If you have the Cannith challenges, they're generally thought of as a dependably decent token/hour farm, though as insanely mind numbing as HoRB ED farming.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Currently, Devils' Assault is followed by (the one after Lords of Dust - name escapes me ATM) in terms of good token farm quests.

How many times did this happen? Could it be a one run fluke, or was it a steady 30ish frags accross several elites?

If the patch gooberd token drops, it might be too soon to tell if it's quest specific or accross the board; or what the new "sweet spot" would be...

If you have the Cannith challenges, they're generally thought of as a dependably decent token/hour farm, though as insanely mind numbing as HoRB ED farming.
    Ran it around 7 times yesterday, and each run I got <40 frags.
    as to farming challenges, I despise challenges for some reason, I just cant stand them, thats why I only ran them like once in all my time in DDO when I really needed some gear.

Ran it around 7 times yesterday, and each run I got <40 frags.
    as to farming challenges, I despise challenges for some reason, I just cant stand them, thats why I only ran them like once in all my time in DDO when I really needed some gear.
    Oh I'm with you on the challenges, not my cup o' tea either... Hence my Arti still doesn't have his Ring of Master Artifice.

As to the token drops... Strange. I have friends who run it regularly and I haven't heard anything about lowered drops. When Elite didn't pan out, did you/will you try Hard, just for comparison? I'm not in game or a location where I can be anytime soon, so can't check for myself or ask my friends...
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-25-2013 at 06:01 AM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

I've run epic normal DA on my ranger several times recently. I got 2 full tokens on all but one of those, and that one gave me 1 full token. Maybe epic elite is messed up?

you want to run EN to get 1 for sure on EH and EE its fairly common to get only small fragments.

normal is the best for tokens currently, dont know if its a bug or ninja update but been like this for fairly long time not sure how long but fairly sure its months

the most fun way to farm tokkens is LoD for me. The trash are easy to handle, its fast and its nice Xp farm also. and if u r lucky u can get some rare epic ingrids!
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Quote Originally Posted by Uidolon View Post
    you want to run EN to get 1 for sure on EH and EE its fairly common to get only small fragments.

normal is the best for tokens currently, dont know if its a bug or ninja update but been like this for fairly long time not sure how long but fairly sure its months
    Hmm ill check that out, will try EN. Ill also bug report when I farm it some more and I have some more data.

Thanks all for the input, ill be back with some more info soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Uidolon View Post

I just ran EN and I got 0 tokens. nothing. screenshot:

WUT.

edit: it bugged and dropped it on the floor. how, I have no idea.

Question On this topic

On this topic of tokens: where can I farm for the greater tokens? It seems that in order to create the gem of the twelve (combining the cloak and voice) you need 5 greater tokens. I have yet to come across any, and this is by running the LoD chain, the Phiarlan Chain, Deneith Chain, etc.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by BlacktigerEU View Post
    On this topic of tokens: where can I farm for the greater tokens? It seems that in order to create the gem of the twelve (combining the cloak and voice) you need 5 greater tokens. I have yet to come across any, and this is by running the LoD chain, the Phiarlan Chain, Deneith Chain, etc.
    Greater tokens come from Epic raids.

Greater tokens are what replaced epic raid token. You need to run a raid on epic which drops tokens, such as EVon6 or ADQ2. I know you can trade greater for regular tokens 1-1 with the epic magma ele in the twelve, but not sure if it works both ways.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

You get greater tokens from some raids, E Chrono is maybe the quickest way.
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

I really dont see the point in making a masters gift... seems a bit... useles..

I've been running DA on epic norm and have been getting 2 full tokens pretty consistently (few times only got 1 but its usually been 2). Tried hard a couple times and only got fragments.

I really dont see the point in making a masters gift... seems a bit... useles..
    5% xp is never useless.

I slotted it into my Jugg's eSOS. Now I never have to worry about switching my trinket or cloak. And there was nothing I was planning on putting in the clear slot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    5% xp is never useless.

I slotted it into my Jugg's eSOS. Now I never have to worry about switching my trinket or cloak. And there was nothing I was planning on putting in the clear slot anyway.
    Well I never forget to switch so I guess it is useless for me then lol.

though im seriously disturbed about the DA bug, it constantly gives me less tokens than it should.

Community Member

the quest to farm is DA, the difficulty to farm is EN, info on wiki is very wrong, not sure when they "changed" it or it bugged but currently EN drops 1 full token 100% of the time in epic chest and another full token in the chest to the far right (facing the door) about 95% of the time (did 7 or 8 runs with full party and only once one of the 6 people didn't get extra token). EH drops 2 full tokens in epic chest but only about 60% of the time, other 40% I got nothing Have not tried EE.

ps All of the above is true if you only want to farm "a quest", challenges such as Buying Time, Time is Money and especially Picture Portals (if you know how to farm it for mats) are still by far the fastest way to get tokens, just really boring to me and very difficult with full party due to huge increase in spawns.
    Last edited by Gempoult; 06-25-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Community Member

Of all the hundreds of bugs in game right now, which one do you think just got moved to the top of the list? If you need tokens, you might want to hit up DA EN quick. It won't last now.

Community Member

Tokens have been borked on EH+ for some time now. Run on EN for full token chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast