Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default Epic Tempest Spine - It's Time!

    I know I have mentioned it in a couple of threads but I think it's well and truly time Turbine started giving us some more end game raids.

    Now of course raids cost development money, but what if there was already a low level raid, with an interesting map that could be altered to also be an Epic Raid, which could even be given an awesome name like OMG "Return to Tempest Spine".

    To me Tempest Spine fits the bill for a Stand Alone Epic Raid, no flag mechanics, a fantastic map, objectives required within the raid at Heroic Levels that could be beefed for epic content and an interesting spot for a final showdown battle.
    Of course we would get a bit of a back story about how Tempest Spine has been repopulated since the fall of Sorjek etc etc...... with a new end boss to tackle at the top of the Mountain.

    Epic Tempest Spine Aka "Return to Tempest Spine"
    -The same map as Heroic, allowing for up to 12 players.
    -EN Lvl 25, EH Lvl 26, EE Lvl 27.
    -The Fire and Ice objective to remain, separate Miniboss epic item drops from here. Accessories or Jewelry.
    -Several Miniboss fights throughout the Spine whilst traversing to the top, each with item drops on completion. Accessories or Jewelry.
    -A tough end fight that requires tactics and teamwork.
    -LOOT! Commendations of Heroism, Some fully built Epic Armors, epic weapons that can be used with the armors to form a 2 Piece Set. The armors should compete with but not necessarily be more powerful than Gianthold armors, the wepaons should compete with but not necessarily be better than CiTW.

    Now it would be nice if Turbine could give us something like this for FREE, but hey if they implemented it I would be willing to throw a small to medium amount of TP at it.

    People might say, "but hey we already know the map" etc etc, We knew the FOT map before anyone ever set foot into the raid!

    Just an idea.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  2. #2
    Community Member Socio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In a Beholders Basement!
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    I know I have mentioned it in a couple of threads but I think it's well and truly time Turbine started giving us some more end game raids.

    Now of course raids cost development money, but what if there was already a low level raid, with an interesting map that could be altered to also be an Epic Raid, which could even be given an awesome name like OMG "Return to Tempest Spine".

    To me Tempest Spine fits the bill for a Stand Alone Epic Raid, no flag mechanics, a fantastic map, objectives required within the raid at Heroic Levels that could be beefed for epic content and an interesting spot for a final showdown battle.
    Of course we would get a bit of a back story about how Tempest Spine has been repopulated since the fall of Sorjek etc etc...... with a new end boss to tackle at the top of the Mountain.

    Epic Tempest Spine Aka "Return to Tempest Spine"
    -The same map as Heroic, allowing for up to 12 players.
    -EN Lvl 25, EH Lvl 26, EE Lvl 27.
    -The Fire and Ice objective to remain, separate Miniboss epic item drops from here. Accessories or Jewelry.
    -Several Miniboss fights throughout the Spine whilst traversing to the top, each with item drops on completion. Accessories or Jewelry.
    -A tough end fight that requires tactics and teamwork.
    -LOOT! Commendations of Heroism, Some fully built Epic Armors, epic weapons that can be used with the armors to form a 2 Piece Set. The armors should compete with but not necessarily be more powerful than Gianthold armors, the wepaons should compete with but not necessarily be better than CiTW.

    Now it would be nice if Turbine could give us something like this for FREE, but hey if they implemented it I would be willing to throw a small to medium amount of TP at it.

    People might say, "but hey we already know the map" etc etc, We knew the FOT map before anyone ever set foot into the raid!

    Just an idea.
    Epic Maelstrom and Epic Cloak of Invisibility please

    Socio
    Thelanis: Larzen
    Guild: Leader of The Hatchery

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    there are no epic quest f2p, that should be fixed in my opinion...
    its (also) Turbine interest

  4. #4
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post
    there are no epic quest f2p, that should be fixed in my opinion...
    its (also) Turbine interest
    lol i think this is a failed statement 4 f2p epics. Lords of Dust, Servants of the Overlord, Spinner of Shadows, Beyond the Rift all are free and can be done on epic. So not sure where you got your bad info.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    lol i think this is a failed statement 4 f2p epics. Lords of Dust, Servants of the Overlord, Spinner of Shadows, Beyond the Rift all are free and can be done on epic. So not sure where you got your bad info.
    u are right... should have written, free epic raids

  6. #6
    Community Member humbleroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Socio View Post
    Epic Maelstrom and Epic Cloak of Invisibility please

    Socio
    you were the second post. why quote instead of reply ?


    i would love to see it. The loot has been improved so maybe its already in the works. I dont even mind if they put a 2.5 day waiting period between runs if it gives epic tokens.
    Last edited by humbleroller; 06-25-2013 at 07:15 AM.
    Real join date: Update 7

  7. #7
    Community Member arkonas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Njohrd View Post
    u are right... should have written, free epic raids
    on that note then yes tempest spine being first f2p epic raid would be a good move on turbine's part. it would give them another view into the p2p areas of the game of what can happen.

  8. #8
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    /signed

    I'd buy that for a dollar!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    162

    Default

    /Signed... but not F2P. F2P is intended to bring new players in get em hooked so they start paying to play. Tempest Spine is a F2P raid and a nice introduction to the raiding system. F2P players have plenty of stuff to do, and if they want more they can start forking out money like the rest of us.

  10. #10
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    I love how they upped the loot. Seeing it epic or improved in any other way (a rare outside the mountain with named loot sounds fun) would be icing.

    Still one of the best raids in the game, especially in pugs!

    (Yeah yeah first time we all get lost, most of us during the tenth too)

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    /Signed... but not F2P. F2P is intended to bring new players in get em hooked so they start paying to play. Tempest Spine is a F2P raid and a nice introduction to the raiding system. F2P players have plenty of stuff to do, and if they want more they can start forking out money like the rest of us.
    Yeah, thats why I stated it would be nice to get it for free, but if not I would be willing to fork out TP for it.

    The fact is we need more end game raiding and as others have mentioned Tempest Spine is still one of the best at level raids out there.

    The base is all there for an Epic Raid to be built, but will they actually take steps to enhance our end game raiding?

    I guess the question is if there was a "Return to Tempest Spine" being a one off raid with no flag mechanics how much would we as consumers be willing to pay? I'm going to say for me 300 TP is an amount I would be willing to pay, maybe more if they gave us Epic Xorian Cipher and one other quest as a flag mechanic with Loot to match:

    Epic Elite Planar Gird:
    Min Lvl 27 - Any stat +9, Greater Heroism Mass (CL 20, 2 times per rest) Superior Parrying +8, Green Slot, Yellow Slot

    Epic Hard Planar Gird:
    Min Lvl 26 - Any stat +9, Greater Heroism Mass (CL 20, 1time per rest) Superior Parrying +7, Green Slot, Colorless Slot

    Epic Normal Planar Gird:
    Min Lvl 25 - Any stat +8, Greater Heroism Mass (CL 20, 1time per rest) Superior Parrying +6, Green Slot
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  12. #12
    The Hatchery Paleus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stormreach Sewers
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    If making it P2P, I think you would want more than one quest, so F2P makes some sense. For story setting, you could tie it to the eGH story somehow. Sorjek the lich was defeated but not killed at the end of the Reavers chain. The general gist is the Truthful One sends him back to Tempest Spine to work some foul magic that fuels the hostility between giants and dragons in far-off GH. So your return to tempest spine would be like a prelude to the return to Gianthold. So it would still serve as a pretty direct advertising piece where the story is coninued in an epic pack.

    If people still want it to be P2P then I'd search around for other Giant or Quori themed quests. Perhaps an Epic Red-Willows. The giant spawned carnage there being a consequence of Sorjek's magic impacting Stormreach which first gets the attention of House Jorasco, followed by an investigation inthe Xorian Cipher and Dreams of Insanity. After all, madness magic could be tied to Xoriat somehow (Sorjek's magic opening holes between the planes), and Dreams of Insanity already had a tie-in to the Quori invasion.

    So, just spit-balling how to make an epic pack using F2P quests with a little story tweaking. I think I'd buy that for a dollar.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload