Default I miss the auto quest exiting

It occurred to me at the end of an Eveningstar challenge: If the quest is over, and all of the mobs are dead, why do we have to have to wait for the induction bar in order to get out? Especially since DDoor is sometimes quicker.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    It occurred to me at the end of an Eveningstar challenge: If the quest is over, and all of the mobs are dead, why do we have to have to wait for the induction bar in order to get out? Especially since DDoor is sometimes quicker.
    Short answer: so you don't zerg a quest, complete the objective, and insta-recall out without actually killing the mobs.

There's no way for the game to know that "everything around me is dead", and there's many quests where you DONT have to kill every monster on the map (ie in optional areas)

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    There's no way for the game to know that "everything around me is dead", and there's many quests where you DONT have to kill every monster on the map (ie in optional areas)
    They could make it based on if there are any "active" mobs currently in the dungeon. Dungeon alert already tracks this you'd just be adding another, earlier, effect to it. IF no active mobs THEN recall time is instant. Sure, you might still have to do the long recall if you left some active mobs way behind but it would be an improvement.

Community Member

So, your theory is that the Turbine software doesn't track the number of mobs in a quest, does not know the location of each mob vs the location of your character, and does not know whether each mob has been aggroed? That is certainly an interesting theory...

geez ppl.. you just cannot be satisfied with anythin. so waht if u wait few seconds. im sure that if they make it insta recall, then ppl would whine about smthn else, like

'dam turbine and your insta recall, i forgot to loot chest and now i lost the loot' or
    'dam turbine and your insta recall, i clicked by accident and i missed the loot' etc etc...
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

Community Member

It was nice to recall quicker. It was nice to loot quicker. It was nice to search/disable quicker.

It sucked when I got hit while pulling a lever. It sucked when I forgot to loot and recalled. It sucked when I remembered I forgot to loot and tried to cancel the recall and recalled. It sucked when I would forget it doesn't work with shrines. repeatedly. At the same shrines.

Now it is back to working and well...........I am ok with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

Absolute best thing that had happened to this game in a long time.

It will be missed
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post
    geez ppl.. you just cannot be satisfied with anythin. so waht if u wait few seconds. im sure that if they make it insta recall, then ppl would whine about smthn else, like

'dam turbine and your insta recall, i forgot to loot chest and now i lost the loot' or
    'dam turbine and your insta recall, i clicked by accident and i missed the loot' etc etc...
    you're right someone always whines about something. lol if its not this is a the gold roll thing for the vip :P

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default I miss the instant recall also

I tried to use it today and then I went, "ruh roh." I gotta fight the stuff that chased me. Oh boogers.

It was a 50-50 item anyway. I liked it at times, and did not like it at times.

I definitely liked it for quick out of the dungeon when the adventure is complete.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    ...If the quest is over, and all of the mobs are dead, why do we have to have to wait for the induction bar in order to get out? Especially since DDoor is sometimes quicker.
    Automatic exit is not something I desire but there should be no reason that it could be a feature that could be toggled on or off from the settings panel. It is important to keep players happy.

Quote Originally Posted by nikos1313 View Post

Yeah, I know. It's not *important*, but it did have it's advantages. It's something to mention, imo, but by no means anything to rage over.

Quote Originally Posted by forummuleonly View Post
    It was nice to recall quicker. It was nice to loot quicker. It was nice to search/disable quicker.

It sucked when I got hit while pulling a lever. It sucked when I forgot to loot and recalled. It sucked when I remembered I forgot to loot and tried to cancel the recall and recalled. It sucked when I would forget it doesn't work with shrines. repeatedly. At the same shrines.

Now it is back to working and well...........I am ok with that.
    This. I hated that the induction bars broke the "Tomb of the Shadow King" and I had to bug a GM. I know they're there for that stuff but I feel they have better things to do than cleaning up after the induction bar bugs. I also feel cheated because he just flagged the quest completed instead of advancing it for us to finish on our own. :P

I'm glad the bars work properly now, and I get an absolute kick out of watching people move after starting a search or Recall only for them to derp out and stand there before starting again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    So, your theory is that the Turbine software doesn't track the number of mobs in a quest, does not know the location of each mob vs the location of your character, and does not know whether each mob has been aggroed? That is certainly an interesting theory...
    Respectively: no I don't think so, why would it? Theres no reason for the game to keep track of that statistic currently; it knows the location of monsters and your location, but isn't actively calculating the distances between all those at all times; and many monsters can be aggroed through doors etc. without actually being engaged - or, in cases like locked doors on a character without Open Locks, are unengageable.

It would be, I imagine, a rather onerous calculation to compute the distance between you and every other mob in the dungeon, every time you recall after a quest.

Respectively: no I don't think so, why would it? Theres no reason for the game to keep track of that statistic currently; it knows the location of monsters and your location, but isn't actively calculating the distances between all those at all times; and many monsters can be aggroed through doors etc. without actually being engaged - or, in cases like locked doors on a character without Open Locks, are unengageable.

It would be, I imagine, a rather onerous calculation to compute the distance between you and every other mob in the dungeon, every time you recall after a quest.
    Or, just use K.I.S.S: keep it simple, stupid.

When you have aggro, you suffer a -2% movement speed penalty as noted by the combat log. You may not instantly recall out if this "minor harried" debuff is in effect. Plain and simple. If you can't engage or it's too far away, tough, you have to recall out the old fashioned way.

Instantly finishing out should definitely be its own button / command if it were ever put back in though...