Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Maybe it was just some code the NSA put in to listen to our voice chats?

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    People who work in hot dog and sausage factories often refuse to eat hot dogs and sausages. Sometimes, its best not to know too much.
    That is an old myth that has not been true since the early twentieth century if ever. My wife used to work at a meat packing plant and only cheap cuts of meat rated for human consumption were ever used in hot dogs and other sausages. Lips and other less appealing parts are only ever used in animal feed.

  3. #23
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    So if they didn't fix the Stun/Trip thing....

    And they didn't fix Spell Crits.....

    And they didn't fix the "The" loading-screen thing....

    And they didn't fix the Baudry quest (still leaving THREE quests locked)....

    What exactly DID they fix?

    OH I know!!!
    They gave us that cool "Error: A failure has occurred in submitting your support request" message every time we log in!!!

    Wow! Awesome patch!!!
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  4. #24
    Community Member Philibusta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    'Murica!
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waaye View Post
    That is an old myth that has not been true since the early twentieth century if ever. My wife used to work at a meat packing plant and only cheap cuts of meat rated for human consumption were ever used in hot dogs and other sausages. Lips and other less appealing parts are only ever used in animal feed.
    ....I have an uncle that took a tour of an Oscar Meyer factory in the 70s...the 1970s...

    He's never eaten another hot dog or piece of bologna in his life.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

  5. #25
    RangerDangerGrrl Kawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    At you. Not 'with you'.
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    u can add Paralyze as well.

    nothing currently known is faster than a Para'd Scorpion in Vale.

    ****

    however... we did find good work around!

    1. advertise: Need HalfElf
    2. post them somewhere close 2 party.


    one look @ THAT will freeze even EE Dragons solidly in place.
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

  6. #26
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the US 48
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    So if they didn't fix the Stun/Trip thing....

    And they didn't fix Spell Crits.....

    And they didn't fix the "The" loading-screen thing....

    And they didn't fix the Baudry quest (still leaving THREE quests locked)....

    What exactly DID they fix?

    OH I know!!!
    They gave us that cool "Error: A failure has occurred in submitting your support request" message every time we log in!!!

    Wow! Awesome patch!!!

    I might as well stop squriming in node 4....

    late response but sometimes work keeps me away from my pc..
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

  7. #27
    Developer No_Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default Looking for more info!

    Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    I might as well stop squriming in node 4....

    late response but sometimes work keeps me away from my pc..
    *ahem* I believe stop squirming was in node 2... and that is beside the point ; )

    I've been unable to repro any sliding or monsters failing to stop their actions. Please provide details on what ability/spell was used on what monster any time you see an issue, so we can track down any edge cases!

    I've tested stunning fist on a dozen monsters, fascinate on a dozen monsters, as well as daze, hold, stunning fist, and fascinate on beholders with no repro of sliding or finishing an action. Those of you who witnessed it; are you certain you saw it on lammania after the update?

  8. #28
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    *ahem* I believe stop squirming was in node 2... and that is beside the point ; )

    I've been unable to repro any sliding or monsters failing to stop their actions. Please provide details on what ability/spell was used on what monster any time you see an issue, so we can track down any edge cases!

    I've tested stunning fist on a dozen monsters, fascinate on a dozen monsters, as well as daze, hold, stunning fist, and fascinate on beholders with no repro of sliding or finishing an action. Those of you who witnessed it; are you certain you saw it on lammania after the update?
    1. Blind it.

    2. Stun it.

    Happens almost every time.

  9. #29
    Developer No_Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default nope

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    1. Blind it.

    2. Stun it.

    Happens almost every time.
    That's also not sliding for me : / Pretty sure I fixed that back around U17... Are you sure you've seen it recently?

  10. #30
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    *ahem* I believe stop squirming was in node 2... and that is beside the point ; )

    I've been unable to repro any sliding or monsters failing to stop their actions. Please provide details on what ability/spell was used on what monster any time you see an issue, so we can track down any edge cases!

    I've tested stunning fist on a dozen monsters, fascinate on a dozen monsters, as well as daze, hold, stunning fist, and fascinate on beholders with no repro of sliding or finishing an action. Those of you who witnessed it; are you certain you saw it on lammania after the update?
    I will post a youtube video when I get home showing the sliding behaviour of a drow archer in King's Forest vs. my druid's stunning fist. He is 17 druid/2 monk/ 1 wizard. At the time, I believe his stun DC was 46. I recorded the video yesterday (or the day before) and wasn't sure if SF was counted as "CC" for the purpose of sliding mobs. With this confirmation that it SHOULD stop mobs, I will encode the video.

    Do you also want video proof of monsters knocked down by my earthquake sliding around? It doesn't always happen, but still sometimes. Especially if sleet storm is also active, but it still happens even with just earthquake.

    Shall I PM the video to you?

  11. #31
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    That's also not sliding for me : / Pretty sure I fixed that back around U17... Are you sure you've seen it recently?
    Yes.

    Are you testing on Live?

  12. #32
    Developer No_Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I will post a youtube video when I get home showing the sliding behaviour of a drow archer in King's Forest vs. my druid's stunning fist. He is 17 druid/2 monk/ 1 wizard. At the time, I believe his stun DC was 46. I recorded the video yesterday (or the day before) and wasn't sure if SF was counted as "CC" for the purpose of sliding mobs. With this confirmation that it SHOULD stop mobs, I will encode the video.

    Do you also want video proof of monsters knocked down by my earthquake sliding around? It doesn't always happen, but still sometimes. Especially if sleet storm is also active, but it still happens even with just earthquake.

    Shall I PM the video to you?
    That would be awesome, thank you for the effort! I'll test earthquake and sleet storm too : ) Hopefully a video will give us a clue as to what is different for you!

  13. #33
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    That would be awesome, thank you for the effort! I'll test earthquake and sleet storm too : ) Hopefully a video will give us a clue as to what is different for you!
    It's a little difficult to reproduce, because you have to stun them at almost the exact moment they start to move after deciding to stop squirming in node 2. Or whatever the archer equivalent is to run away and shoot their bow at you.

  14. #34
    Hatchery Founder Glenalth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A mountain fortress.
    Posts
    4,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    *ahem* I believe stop squirming was in node 2... and that is beside the point ; )

    I've been unable to repro any sliding or monsters failing to stop their actions. Please provide details on what ability/spell was used on what monster any time you see an issue, so we can track down any edge cases!

    I've tested stunning fist on a dozen monsters, fascinate on a dozen monsters, as well as daze, hold, stunning fist, and fascinate on beholders with no repro of sliding or finishing an action. Those of you who witnessed it; are you certain you saw it on lammania after the update?
    Here's one for you...
    One or two nights ago in Caught in the Web...

    Hezrou already dancing in Otto's Sphere.
    Blinded by Celestia attack.
    Hezrou proceeds to slide around while still dancing.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Try stunning a Netherese Wizard in the High Road just as they do their little drawing-back-before-scuttling-away thing. It looks just like that silly Winter Olympics event that Scotland always wins.

    Curling, that's it! Zoooooom...
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

    And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

  16. #36
    Community Member debo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    That would be awesome, thank you for the effort! I'll test earthquake and sleet storm too : ) Hopefully a video will give us a clue as to what is different for you!

    Nerve Venom from Shiradi they slide around still. Someone else on live can send you a video or you could always just go to live and test it to.

  17. #37
    2014 DDO Players Council ishr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    665

    Default

    ya'll are acting like this is the first time turbine derped it up. remember the airship fiasco? when the airship update that took a couple hours was supposed to fix the airship buffs, but ended up doing exactly what it was supposed to fix?

    ya'll need to lower your expectations. it's turbine...

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    *ahem* I believe stop squirming was in node 2... and that is beside the point ; )

    I've been unable to repro any sliding or monsters failing to stop their actions. Please provide details on what ability/spell was used on what monster any time you see an issue, so we can track down any edge cases!

    I've tested stunning fist on a dozen monsters, fascinate on a dozen monsters, as well as daze, hold, stunning fist, and fascinate on beholders with no repro of sliding or finishing an action. Those of you who witnessed it; are you certain you saw it on lammania after the update?
    Not sure if it's relevant since my experience is on live, not lammania, but on live I've been using stunning blow (not fist) all the time and mobs are constantly sliding away while stunned. From epic minotaurs in madstone crater to lowly kobolds in kobold assault, the sliding-while-stunned effect isn't quite ubiquitous but it's very common.

    I'm speaking of my experience in the last week or two. (I tr'ed during those two weeks, thus the epic quest first and level 3 quest second.)

  19. #39

    Default

    I'm currently leveling a melee cleric based build 12Cleric/2Monk/1 Paly right now. Almost every mob I Stunning fist slides around still.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

    Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

  20. #40
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishr View Post
    ya'll are acting like this is the first time turbine derped it up. remember the airship fiasco? when the airship update that took a couple hours was supposed to fix the airship buffs, but ended up doing exactly what it was supposed to fix?

    ya'll need to lower your expectations. it's turbine...
    This is the second (or third!) time that this exact behaviour has been EXPLICITLY STATED as being corrected in release notes. That's probably why people (like me, for instance) are so adamant about this. If you say it's fixed, it should be fixed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload