Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Something in the patch notes that not really fixed...

Monsters no longer continue their actions when hit by crowd control effects. The previous fixes in earlier releases only stopped their movement, but now they actually don't finish their attack or abilities if a crowd control effect interrupts them.

This is total bs. Monk stun on mobs and they still keep moving.. Especially beholders...
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

So since when Is a monk stun crowd control?

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Since when is a single hold monster crowd control?

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    Lets stun and imp trip you and see how far you slide.

Melee stuns and trips are crowd control.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Lets stun and imp trip you and see how far you slide.

Melee stuns and trips are crowd control.
    Unless I am on ice and on a slope, no thank you Even then, I think I will pass on further thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Russ View Post
    Since when is a single hold monster crowd control?
    Good point.

It's excellent to know that only hold monster stops mobs sliding all over the place when they ought to be stunned and immobile, makes perfect sense....

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Spell crits also don't seem to be fixed.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Neither part of that note is correct; not only are mobs not preventing from finishing their action, they haven't been (and still aren't) prevented from moving either.

They also didn't fix the "The" tip.

Community Member

"The"
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Default I sense a disturbance in the force...

So now the really scary question:

As we all saw the launcher performing the download & patch function; and we know (according to the release notes) what bits of code the devs thought was in there (but obviously wasn't)...
    ...What bits of code did the devs think weren't in there, but actually were?

If not the listed fixes, what exactly did we download and patch into the game?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    So now the really scary question:

As we all saw the launcher performing the download & patch function; and we know (according to the release notes) what bits of code the devs thought was in there (but obviously wasn't)...
    ...What bits of code did the devs think weren't in there, but actually were?

The fixed code was in there, they just forgot to unrem it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    The fixed code was in there, they just forgot to unrem it.
    Is there a laymans' term for that?
    (the whooshing sound was "unrem" whizzing over my head...)
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Is there a laymans' term for that?
    (the whooshing sound was "unrem" whizzing over my head...)
    Just means that it's been commented out and isn't actually live.

Rather than delete old code, it's often prudent to simply comment it out and add new code - that way you can always refer back to it, and potentially revert back to it. Your compiler ignores comments so doesn't affect your compiled code in any way. Commenting code out you add "remarks" to make it comments instead of code, so unremming it just means removing the remarks to turn your comments into code. REM was an old DOS syntax for comments, which is where the expression originally came from.

It's techie geek talk, but it did make me chuckle, not heard that expression for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    ...It's techie geek talk, but it did make me chuckle, not heard that expression for a long time
    Ah cool, thanx for droppin' some knowledge on me

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Monsters no longer continue their actions when hit by crowd control effects. The previous fixes in earlier releases only stopped their movement, but now they actually don't finish their attack or abilities if a crowd control effect interrupts them.

This is total bs. Monk stun on mobs and they still keep moving.. Especially beholders...
    You mention a monk ability so this is a simple fix.

add "does not work with handwraps" to the description and try and convince the community that it is WAI because it would be tricky to fix.

yes I'm looking at you legendary dreadnought!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    You mention a monk ability so this is a simple fix.

add "does not work with handwraps" to the description and try and convince the community that it is WAI because it would be tricky to fix.

yes I'm looking at you legendary dreadnought!
    It is not only monks. Normal Stunning Blow and Trip also tend to cause slides.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Yeap, they still move about. They did have it fixed for a time, but due to their very __ty code management setup, they break whatever they fixed in the next update.

I know I read that updated and the only thing I could think of, and hear, was "Church Lady" going "isn't that special."

Default Bard Fascinate

I was using bard fascinate and it was really strange to see mobs sliding over with the notes above their head too.

Maybe they saved and I was seeing some other notes above some other mobs head...but oh well. Sliding doesn't bother me, what bothers me are when those damn necromancers can still raise their companions while CC'd. Is that fixed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Just means that it's been commented out and isn't actually live.

Rather than delete old code, it's often prudent to simply comment it out and add new code - that way you can always refer back to it, and potentially revert back to it. Your compiler ignores comments so doesn't affect your compiled code in any way. Commenting code out you add "remarks" to make it comments instead of code, so unremming it just means removing the remarks to turn your comments into code. REM was an old DOS syntax for comments, which is where the expression originally came from.

It's techie geek talk, but it did make me chuckle, not heard that expression for a long time
    I can't believe I actually learned something useful in the forums! Thanks man!

Community Member

People who work in hot dog and sausage factories often refuse to eat hot dogs and sausages. Sometimes, its best not to know too much.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast