Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by 350zguy View Post
    Is it only archers/casters and other mobs with "stay at range" combat behavior?

That is what it always seems to be for me.
    Nop, all kind of mobs.

I really didnt think that many really cared! Maybe the stun and slide will really be fixed one day! That one day being the same day the ladders get fixed!

Ill drink to that!!!

Im not really sure what ill do if mobs just stand in place after a stun. Ill prob be stuck in leading my target mode chasing ghosts when and if this is fixed!
    Last edited by adamkatt; 07-12-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Default Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    I really didnt think that many really cared! Maybe the stun and slide will really be fixed one day! That one day being the same day the ladders get fixed!

Ill drink to that!!!

Im not really sure what ill do if mobs just stand in place after a stun. Ill prob be stuck in leading my target mode chasing ghosts when and if this is fixed!
    BIG thanks to everyone for the info/videos, and especially to those who helped me test this after the lammania devchat event just now. We narrowed the remaining case down to a straight-line slide of 1-10 meters depending on velocity and latency, possibly only on monsters using the attack and retreat script (most archers.) Based on that, I have a possible fix that I'll let you all know when it gets into a future lammania build. YAY!

Cool, man, sounds great.

My original impression before this thread was that it was mainly archers that still slide, but I didn't mention it because it was just a feeling.

It IS better on live; there isn't as much sliding as there used to be. Maybe the archer fix will bring it all the way down to vanishingly rare.

Default Not just archers

I've had problems with Minotaurs , specifically in madstone crater while defending the seer.

i was a monk using stunning fist and was solo. i'll try to post a video next time i log on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    BIG thanks to everyone for the info/videos, and especially to those who helped me test this after the lammania devchat event just now. We narrowed the remaining case down to a straight-line slide of 1-10 meters depending on velocity and latency, possibly only on monsters using the attack and retreat script (most archers.) Based on that, I have a possible fix that I'll let you all know when it gets into a future lammania build. YAY!
    WTG Dice!

Nice one man!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shortdevils View Post
    I've had problems with Minotaurs , specifically in madstone crater while defending the seer.

i was a monk using stunning fist and was solo. i'll try to post a video next time i log on.
    Anything with a moving forward/lunge attack.

Minotars, hezaro (one just did it to me on live), cats, spiders...

Default Fascinate

Fascinated monsters on Restless Isles still walking around (not attacking, just walking). Probably a script issue too. (live)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Cool, man, sounds great.

My original impression before this thread was that it was mainly archers that still slide, but I didn't mention it because it was just a feeling.

It IS better on live; there isn't as much sliding as there used to be. Maybe the archer fix will bring it all the way down to vanishingly rare.
    On live? You're kidding. I ran EH Feast or Famine last night (monk/solo/stunning fist) and pretty much everything except the Worgs was sliding about until it fetched up against something. It was like beginner night at a roller rink.

Casters in the King's Forest were still doing it too on Lam before it went all Secret Squirrel.
    I'm a snuggly, fluffy, cuddly-wuddly little rabbit.

And if you call me a gamer grrrrl, I will reach down your throat, rip out your pancreas and feed it to my Rottweiler.

Founder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Pooklebunny View Post
    On live? You're kidding. I ran EH Feast or Famine last night (monk/solo/stunning fist) and pretty much everything except the Worgs was sliding about until it fetched up against something. It was like beginner night at a roller rink.

Casters in the King's Forest were still doing it too on Lam before it went all Secret Squirrel.
    The roller rink comment brought a big smile to my face - good memories

The Hatchery

And after you finally fix that bug you can start working on a fix for mobs that keep speed circling around my melees...
    Honestly it's just so annoying to try to hit them!

Here is what I've seen (just yesterday).

In Von3 (the one with the Inevitable Marut for the Devs who don't actually play the game), in the room past the air jet (this is after the Beholder/Rune room), I usually float down with my monk and Stunning fist the Scorrow Cleric that is in there with the three trolls).

When I punch him, he usually slides around the campfire, but rarely in a straight line... he usually moves forward a little then does a little circling back and forth before finally coming to a standstill.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix888 View Post
    And after you finally fix that bug you can start working on a fix for mobs that keep speed circling around my melees...
    Honestly it's just so annoying to try to hit them!
    When they start circle-strafing you, just move backwards a few steps. This breaks that AI-script and then they stop that nonsense.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    When they start circle-strafing you, just move backwards a few steps. This breaks that AI-script and then they stop that nonsense.
    Hopefully this and the re-positioning bug will also be fixed soon for all those who are forced to break "stand still" stances because of these bugs.

I frankly don't understand why Turbine makes those stances so strict when they know there are these bugs. They should allow tiny adjustments without breaking stance.
    Last edited by HAL; 07-15-2013 at 09:59 AM.

I don't consider the mobs "circle-strafing you" a bug... It's what I do to mobs when I'm playing... why wouldn't they do the same thing to you?

Why should they stand still and go toe-to-toe with you when you are benefitting from a stance because you are standing still??

It's like a caster saying "I hope they fix that bug that causes archers to shoot me and make me fail a concentration check"

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kylstrem View Post
    I don't consider the mobs "circle-strafing you" a bug
    While you might not consider it, the Devs do which is what I was referring to. And its not the fact that they circle but how fast. They had "fixed" it a while back which was in the release notes. Unfortunately I can't find it to link, maybe someone else knows what update that was.

Not sure I'm too late, but from my experience, you can usually replicate this problem with some sort of blind effect together with some sort of stun effect.

I see people refer a lot of Monk stunning blow/fist, but this bug also happens from Sonic Burst, which happens to be a Daze effect (which is different from Stun effect).

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

It happens with Earthquake too. Mobs slide out of the area after they are on the ground.
    Dorian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234