Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by No_Dice View Post
    That would be awesome, thank you for the effort! I'll test earthquake and sleet storm too : ) Hopefully a video will give us a clue as to what is different for you!
    here's something you should be able to easily replicate... in the quest beyond the rift, there's a point where there are spiders that have "recently killed" dretches (on one of the web islands at the start of the quest). the dretches are prone on the ground, yet they move (both slide and turn) when you go near them.

as this will not require you to do anything more than go there, you should be able to replicate it quite easily

best of luck!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Dice, just as a reminder, you may want to do testing with and without deception/improved deception as well as that can make things screwy.

My druid (ice wolf form) trips things often and about 30% of the time they'll still slide about. About 20% with earthquake. And she does wear backstabber gloves (so improved deception). This is on live.

blindness was also a great thing for triggering odd behavior.

Community Member

Additionally, I suggest you try trip as well. Blind then trip or stunning blow with a twf fighter off-hand radiance 2 generates sliders.

I primarily notice it when they are blinded first. Seems to happen more often with trip than with stunning blow. Helps if they are already moving in a figure question mark.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Spell crits also don't seem to be fixed.
    So this is why I've been doing less damage with my spells. Was wonderin why.

Community Member

Rad II weapon in ice wolf form - blind mobs might as well have roller skates on their backs when I trip them. This is on live.

Community Member

For those of you wanting for a more realistic, erm, 'gaming' experience, featuring monsters that do not slide about after your incredibly powerful monk fists of doom have hammered home a Mike Tyson special...

Please report to the Arizona Desert this Saturday night, midnight local time, preferably naked and drenched in blood of the animal of your choice.

I almost have the portal opened. Just need a few 'helpers' to pull Lolth through to our world. And yes, this would be in RL, I have had enough of the lag.

Thanks...

See you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    This is the second (or third!) time that this exact behaviour has been EXPLICITLY STATED as being corrected in release notes. That's probably why people (like me, for instance) are so adamant about this. If you say it's fixed, it should be fixed!
    Actually, this one WAS fixed, but a later patch brought the issue back. I remember I was playing on my barbarian life at the moment, and I could stop mobs cold in the track with my trip.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default Might also Check Stone Prison...

That would be awesome, thank you for the effort! I'll test earthquake and sleet storm too : ) Hopefully a video will give us a clue as to what is different for you!
    I have also seen sliding behavior continue on the live servers (don't know about Lama) after proc of Stone Prison from the Earthshatter Warhammer. Mostly in the FR areas (KF, High Road, ect.) AND also in the Sub-T. area. And I've seen sliding around with Otto's Irresistable Dance in FR areas, too.

Also - the skellies in the Sub-T area do not always display their HP (MM bonus) - only a few do and then only sometimes. Not a game breaker, of course, but something that should be looked at nonetheless.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Member

I was so annoyed by the sliding this week, I was going to record 4 hours of gamplay, and put together a montage of all the sliding monsters....

Made a short video... Easy to re-produce...

Any caster/archer/mob with "stay at range" movement options will SLIDE after they have decided to move, but you stun them. They just slide to their final point of what ever movement action they already decided to do.

So... Walk up to archer. Let them swing...Stun... Sometimes, they have already decided the next action is a move. So *DING* they slide away.

Same with casters, etc.

Last edited by 350zguy; 07-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I'm currently leveling a melee cleric based build 12Cleric/2Monk/1 Paly right now. Almost every mob I Stunning fist slides around still.
    Weird... I recently leveled an archer monk that used Stunning Fist all the time, and mobs NEVER slid around for me...

I'm not trying to be a fanboi... I swear it doesn't happen to me... So there's another variable somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Dice, just as a reminder, you may want to do testing with and without deception/improved deception as well as that can make things screwy.

My druid (ice wolf form) trips things often and about 30% of the time they'll still slide about. About 20% with earthquake. And she does wear backstabber gloves (so improved deception). This is on live.

blindness was also a great thing for triggering odd behavior.
    My monk doesn't use deception or blindness, so maybe that's the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    My monk doesn't use deception or blindness, so maybe that's the difference.
    It could be, but I think it could deff be race conditions also. And those are a PAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    I'm currently leveling a melee cleric based build 12Cleric/2Monk/1 Paly right now. Almost every mob I Stunning fist slides around still.
    Yup! Happening with my clonk most of the time too. 16 cleric/ 3 monk at present but it has been happening as I level, and not all the time either, but most of the time.

Will see if I can get a vid or two going.
    Last edited by NytCrawlr; 07-12-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Weird... I recently leveled an archer monk that used Stunning Fist all the time, and mobs NEVER slid around for me...

I'm not trying to be a fanboi... I swear it doesn't happen to me... So there's another variable somewhere.
    I am wearing radiance guard.... but even mobs that dont get blinded do the electric slide.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Hmm turns out something funky with the sound happened. I must have clicked some option in FRAPS to try to mute my music, and it muted everything. Otherwise you'd hear that drow getting his bell rung by my stunning fist.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Hmm turns out something funky with the sound happened. I must have clicked some option in FRAPS to try to mute my music, and it muted everything. Otherwise you'd hear that drow getting his bell rung by my stunning fist.
    http://obsproject.com/

^^^ What I like to record with.

I stun them, I trip them, they still slide, 6 fighter/4 rogue/1 barb build.

Community Member

Is it only archers/casters and other mobs with "stay at range" combat behavior?

That is what it always seems to be for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 350zguy View Post
    http://obsproject.com/

^^^ What I like to record with.
    Pretty sure I remember clicking the radio button that said "disable windows 7 sound" and thought it would just disable my Pandora playing in the background. Next time, I'll just pause Pandora while I record, but thanks for the recommendation!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast