Default Ransack blues...

I have a level 13 character who I thought could use the Sora Kell set. He got the ring and the helm quickly, then ransacked Eyes of Stone without getting the gloves.

I brought in my level 24 sorcerer, who also ransacked the end chest, including two times when I posted the LFM as "quest completed, only need Fists out of last chest."

Last night I brought in my level 24 rogue, who also ransacked the end chest, with one open LFM asking for extra hands looting.

This is bringing back memories of 43 runs of Dreaming Dark before getting my sorcerer his VPIS...

Tonight I will try my level 18 paladin (who has already run it once, but hasn't ransacked it yet.) I am getting well and truly sick of that medusa...
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

I feel your pain.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    [...]

This is bringing back memories of 43 runs of Dreaming Dark before getting my sorcerer his VPIS...
    I feel your pain, but keep it up.

Some wizard still hasn't got her Torc after 7 years of DDO and after 100 runs of Dreaming Dark still hasn't got her Xachosian Eardweller back then when the Xachosian Eardweller was popular. Another wizard still hasn't got her Bauble after countless runs.

They learned their lessons never to want stuff...

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

I ransacked the end chest last night with my paladin; no Fists... I also did a couple of runs with my ranger, but not to ransack (I was getting bored.) I've been going by the wiki entry that indicates you can loot a chest 8 times and still get named items.

Well, in a couple of days I can start again.

On the bright side, I'm REALLY, REALLY familiar with Eyes of Stone now...
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Just wanted to add...

After getting the Sora Kell set for the above-referenced character, I recently had another character get to level 13, so I decided to get another set.

I used my level 24 sorcerer, ran each quest exactly one time on elite, and got all three set items...

Even though this was just dumb luck, I'm putting down to karma making up for screwing with me last time...

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    Just wanted to add...

After getting the Sora Kell set for the above-referenced character, I recently had another character get to level 13, so I decided to get another set.

I used my level 24 sorcerer, ran each quest exactly one time on elite, and got all three set items...

Even though this was just dumb luck, I'm putting down to karma making up for screwing with me last time...
    Lol, gratz

That's tough luck--I run those quests every life and I usually wind up with at least one of every item.

What I have problems with is getting the stupid marks to upgrade them.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Sometimes cookies crumble into mini piles of unexpected deliciousness.

Most of the time when the cookie crumbles, it's little piles of ****. You, my friend, are getting the crapy today. I wish you the best of luck in your future attempts at getting your item after the ransack timer.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

I've been doing almost daily elite runs of weapon shipment across a few of my characters for the past year.. only even seen it appear in the chest 2 or 3 times in all that time & i always go by the "your loot is your loot" rule. My LFMs for it are getting gradually weirder & sillier.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    i always go by the "your loot is your loot" rule. My LFMs for it are getting gradually weirder & sillier.
    Yes, but noone will say anything if you invite folks just for 3 elite chests with a polite ( Could you help me pull a bauble )lfm, some will come to help, at least I always do, it takes 2 mins tops to get there.

Community Member

My guild has done well over 100 bauble runs on elite with 3-5 people each run. We've seen a grand total of 1 bauble, but we got enough mad lutes to keep the whole server happy.

As far as stones, you have no idea how easy it is now unless you went back in time. Upgrading alone was a long process because you could'nt get anything as end rewards for DD. Some of the Ioun stones used to be the most rare and sought after non-bound items in the game.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    My guild has done well over 100 bauble runs on elite with 3-5 people each run. We've seen a grand total of 1 bauble, but we got enough mad lutes to keep the whole server happy.

As far as stones, you have no idea how easy it is now unless you went back in time. Upgrading alone was a long process because you could'nt get anything as end rewards for DD. Some of the Ioun stones used to be the most rare and sought after non-bound items in the game.
    Heh I still remember the first time I pulled a PLIS out of a chest in WW. I thought the sun was shining out of my a** and that everything in the world would right itself. About a week later I pulled a VPIS And It really reinforced the above idea.

Then three months later the DD end rewards came out and everyone and their bloody mother had one.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

?I got my PLIS from the vendor in the market. On the other hand, so many runs to get my vibrant...

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Few months ago I had to run DD 40 times to get vplis, and that is after resetting 3rd time and just doing that 3rd end reward.

New to the DDO STORE!!! ransack timmer bypass!!!!!

As someone who has completed raids 100's of times and still not getting the named loot I wanted I feel your pain.

Keep it up, don't lose hope!!!

Community Member

Go for the ivy handwraps...

Not only have I ransacked that thing... Multiple weeks.

But the chest is only there 1/3rd of the time. I HATE 100% random loot systems.

It should track your loot and increase your % slowly until you WIN.

That or it should give you a named loot list every 6th completion. Also chain rewards should be relevant to the level you ran it on. Once you've cleaned a chest 16 times... it just needs to take pity on you!!!!!