Default Just a Quick Thanks! For Fixing Spell Crits

Man, that particular b0rk really hurt my mains. Thanks for making it a relative priority. Appreciate today's fix.

Community Member

clerics are not fixed all the way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fourrumtest View Post
    I remembered the Major said it was a band aid for now and the real fix coming in the enhancement pass. You may want to look up his Monday/End of the Week threads.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    I remembered the Major said it was a band aid for now and the real fix coming in the enhancement pass. You may want to look up his Monday/End of the Week threads.

I haven't noticed anything regarding spell crits being better. I use to crit for 3 x spell damage. I use to have critical chance of 25% or more, meaning 1 in 4 attacks would be a spell crit. I've started designing my characters around this, not investing anything in spell crits chance or damage, and not concerning myself with lore items.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

The "real fix" is the fact that they are eliminating lore items, and about 9% of your crit enhancements (and multiplier) with the pass, while giving back about 5% if your class has "Magic training" feat, and about 6% in enhancements for a select few classes that have crit improvers tied to IN TREE SPENDING and/or pure class levels....

Net effect is minus approximately 10% crits across the board (as I read it).

If you hate this change as much as I do, please join Lam or read the Lam forums and speak up, fill out the surveys in the upcoming beta phase and otherwise tell them that you find crits FUN, and you don't support game design changes that seem intended to make DDO LESS FUN.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fourrumtest View Post
    In Turbine's defense, I'm not sure that the current crop of developers understands that divine casters are casters.

Community Member

yes i read that. i was referring to this

" Enhancements

Spell Critical Enhancements for chance and damage multipliers should be both displaying the correct text and functioning correctly for all classes."

found here http://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-patch-2

and the fact that the release notes do not mesh with my clerics enhancements tab.

not that i expect turbines release notes to accurately reflect what is released to live. i gave up on that a while ago.

Community Member

I remembered the Major said it was a band aid for now and the real fix coming in the enhancement pass.
    Not quite. He said that this was a bandaid fix until the Enhancement Trees. At which point the pathetic spell critical damage becomes Working As Intended, with a base of 2x and hard cap of 2.5x. I wouldn't exactly call this a 'fix'.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    Man, that particular b0rk really hurt my mains. Thanks for making it a relative priority. Appreciate today's fix.
    ty tr´ing my caster will be looking forward to logging in tonight
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Noticed that the lore effects on items still don't work whatsoever still

Fixed? It's not fixed...
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotMaarl View Post
    I am fairly sure that spell crit enhancements (tested on a sorcerer only) do nothing at the moment, but item effects seem to be applying as per description: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ly-not-WAD-yet

If you have reason to believe otherwise please post your findings, I for one would like this issue fixed ASAP so i can go back to playing my spellcasters that are currently locked up in an extra large Bag of Holding.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilII View Post
    I am fairly sure that spell crit enhancements (tested on a sorcerer only) do nothing at the moment, but item effects seem to be applying as per description: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ly-not-WAD-yet

If you have reason to believe otherwise please post your findings, I for one would like this issue fixed ASAP so i can go back to playing my spellcasters that are currently locked up in an extra large Bag of Holding.
    Well, having only played my level 16 Sorc here's what I've seen today.
    (Actual numbers were seen while I was level 14 today and yesterday)

Knowing the critical lines were messed up, I have only the very minimum invested in them atm on my 12sorc/2monk
    With both max and empower on yesterday the max damage I was seeing was in the 300 range, with average numbers being about 100-200 range.
    And today, I'm seeing crits from 500-600, as well as a higher base damage in the 200-300 range.

I honestly don't know much about casters or how all the SP, and crit lines work out, but I'm certainly happy today.
    Turbine did something right for once,
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."