Thread: New bug?

Default New bug?

When doing active blocking (shift key held) with a shield+weapon or 2 weapons equipped, when i cast a spell , the items dissapear from my hands I am back blocking with my bare hands... I got to swing my weapon to make them appear again.

Seems that they are still equipped but not showing and not giving me the blocking DR or sound unless I take a swing. This wasn't the case before...

Anyone else have this new or maybe already known issue? did this sneak up in this morning patch?

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default This is a new bug

It also happens just running around to the taverns etc.

Something like this is hard to test for, you know? Look at character, wait ten seconds... Did shield and weapon disappear? Yes.

GREAT!!!

I guess it is an auto-sheathing feature.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

I think ladders, switches, valves, and wheels do it too. Anything that empties your hands.

Any interaction with anything in game seems to cause this including area transitions. Very annoying, especially when you can't tell whether you have a bow or melee weapon equipped and are using rare or expensive ammo. Please fix SOON!

I have noticed it as well. I just assume you sheath your weapon now when you dont actively use it.
    Leader of Defenders (Orien) / Arohindar - Norrak - Dybot - Dybolic - Dybotic - Dybotical
    http://defenders.clangroups.com

Community Member

I actually like the bug. makes sense to not have your hands full of weapons when interacting with things. Kind of nice to NOT see the weapons for a change, especially when not questing. We have been asking for a simpler way to do it in public for years now anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

In public, I could see this as a good idea; but in a dungeon, wouldn't you get your weapon back out after you threw the switch that opens the door with the horde of zombies behind it?
    Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha5440 View Post
    In public, I could see this as a good idea; but in a dungeon, wouldn't you get your weapon back out after you threw the switch that opens the door with the horde of zombies behind it?
    It has come back each and every time I have tried to swing my weapon after it has disappeared on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Codog View Post
    [*]Small evolutionary change that can be completed in shorter stretches of time is more readily achieveable for us than large _revolutionary_ change. Revolutionary change can be rather destabilizing from an engineering and balance perspective.

This bug (feature?) is in no way 'good'

I didn't farm out an eSoS to NOT see it in my hand. It needs to be displayed at all times as the symbol of awesomeness that it is.
    Khyber - Mahlii, Guyutee, Onumniwa

Community Member

Just wanted to say I've seen this happen as well.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Happened to me in the crafting hall.
    Havent seen it affect rune arms yet...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0