Default why didnt you tell us you turned off the new "feature"

really why wasnt the "fast recall/trap finding/ trap disabling/ ect ect feature" on the patch notes. wonder what else they did.. .i want it back

Who does your taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by toaftoaf View Post
    really why wasnt the "fast recall/trap finding/ trap disabling/ ect ect feature" on the patch notes. wonder what else they did.. .i want it back
    Other
    • Moving around will no longer break induction bar-based objectives.

It was in the release notes. Here's some makeup to help concel the injury you sustained, falling on your face. :P

Community Member

As for recalling, that was due to the induction bar. so yea thats fixed and was mentioned.

instant traps finding/disabling will get added back in in the enhancement update

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    Other
    • Moving around will no longer break induction bar-based objectives.

I want it back too (at least the install recall part) but they did use Turbine speak to let us know it was disappearing. I took advantage of a rainy Sunday to complete my Monster Manual farming for mobs without constant respawns.

Of course, I haven't logged in yet today to see whether install recall is in fact gone. If someone could tell me that it was miraculously spared, I would certainly be happy about that.

Community Member

on the feature

Community Member

I'm gonna miss insta-search, made it very easy to solo trap-heavy missions a lot faster

And insta-recall/death...I know its only 10s or so but its a loooong 10s

glad my ED farming is done. insta recall was the only bug I actually ever stood behind and hoped would stay. now back to being interrupted at 9 seconds and starting over.

I will surely miss the instant recall and search features, but the one time I moved while disabling a trap, the box blew.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And insta-recall/death...I know its only 10s or so but its a loooong 10s
    It is only 10 seconds, but it was also a very long and rainy Sunday afternoon. I was farming just the start of a couple of quests. The shortest run was only about 30 seconds.

I managed to squeeze in 450 runs yesterday. At 10 seconds a pop, that amounted to 75 minutes that I didn't have to stare at the recall bar making its slow progress across the screen.

Usually, I would never consider doing 450 runs in one day, but this time I don't regret it at all.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

.i want it back
    Don't worry it will become a VIP feature in the next patch.

Community Member

I'm going to miss bugging out every quest with a quest objective counter associated with using levers, torches, etc. etc. It was so nice to bug out a quest faster than usual. I'm especially going to miss waiting on GMs who're probably dealing with 20 other players with bugged quests before they can come fix mine.

I'm really going to miss this fast recall bug that caused that.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Don't worry it will become a VIP feature in the next patch.
    Don't say that, they'll do it! Then you'll see nothing in the LFM's but 'zerg ED farming, VIP only'!

Either way, as far as trapping goes, the rogue mechanic tree in the enhancement pass will have a passive that increases the speed of opening locks and searching/disabling traps by 33/66/100%. That makes it double the current speed.

While insta-recall may be missed, I won't miss insta-phone a GM because a quest objective borked out when I got hit. Fixing one required fixing the other. Of course, adjusting recall/trap timers is another matter.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    While insta-recall may be missed, I won't miss insta-phone a GM because a quest objective borked out when I got hit. Fixing one required fixing the other. Of course, adjusting recall/trap timers is another matter.
    Actualy it was the same bug

Quote Originally Posted by Paleus View Post
    It depends on how the devs coded them in the first place.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    glad my ED farming is done. insta recall was the only bug I actually ever stood behind and hoped would stay. now back to being interrupted at 9 seconds and starting over.
    Try playing the game instead of skipping parts of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    It is only 10 seconds, but it was also a very long and rainy Sunday afternoon. I was farming just the start of a couple of quests. The shortest run was only about 30 seconds.

I managed to squeeze in 450 runs yesterday. At 10 seconds a pop, that amounted to 75 minutes that I didn't have to stare at the recall bar making its slow progress across the screen.

Usually, I would never consider doing 450 runs in one day, but this time I don't regret it at all.
    Weird that you spend hours and hours playing a game that you consider absolutely terrible. How could developers that you have called monkeys create a game that is better than any other game on the market for you? I mean, there's a TON of stuff you could have been doing yesterday for 4-5 hours... but you choose to play DDO to advance your characters?

How do you resolve this dichotomy in your brain?
    Last edited by Thrudh; 06-24-2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    How do you resolve this dichotomy in your brain?
    It's easy, you just need to not have thrudh for brains!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    It's easy, you just need to not have thrudh for brains!
    Winning!
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?