Community Member

Default Evasion on n artificer

I was wondering if it is worth taking either 2 rogue or monk levels (and which is better) to get evasion on a ranged artificer? I am thinking it would be useful for getting past traps to disable them.

Thanks

Time Bandit
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by beta1 View Post
    I was wondering if it is worth taking either 2 rogue or monk levels (and which is better) to get evasion on a ranged artificer? I am thinking it would be useful for getting past traps to disable them.
    I'd take rogue, personally, as not only will it be helpful to keep your trap skills and UMD maxed, but you'll also avoid the annoying "not-centred" messages, plus the extra sneak attack damage -- whilst it's fairly small -- does still add up at the end of the day.

Monk gives 2 feats, though.

I agree about uncentered messages being annoying, but two feats can be nice.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Your best bet is to make a single-class Arty than take the Shadowdancer ED for Evasion

That said for Monk vs. Rogue...Monk wins hands down since you already have access to UMD/Trap Skills and Monks get two extra feats and even if uncentered they still have evasion so its a non-issue.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 06-24-2013 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

For me, the real question is is it worth the levels given the new (uncertain) enhancements?
    I'm in a wait and see mode, but that doesn't mean I'm not curren't working my past lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Your best bet is to make a single-class Arty than take the Shadowdancer ED for Evasion
    Destinies offer far more power than the last two levels + capstone of any class, so unless you were already planning on making Shadowdancer your home regardless of evasion I wouldn't go that way.