Community Member

Default Unplayable lag & awesomiumprocess.exe

Hello!

I've returned to DDO a couple of days ago. I keep having horrible lag up to the point when the game just freezes and disconnects. Never had such a problem with DDO on this machine, I can run DDO on max settings without any issues whatsoever. It stopped responding earlier and I had to kill it in the task manager. I noticed there that I have a many instances of awesomiumprocess.exe running and just eating me up. I learned it's a part of the in-game browser. Does anybody know a solution to this or perhaps point me to a thread if such exists with the solution offered?

Thank you a lot

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

There's a thread about AwesomiumProcess already, but as the search function is as Fubared as the rest of the forum...

Anyway, if you have on intention if using the DDO Store, opening the former 'MyDDO' page and/or using the ingame support you can just kill all the awesomecrap processes.
    If you intend to use any of the above, you can kill some, as there's only 3 processes that seems to be linked to these 3 pages, the other four don't seem to have any impact.
    ( sadly there's no way to know which are which )

Also important thing to know : all the awesomecrap processes are recreated when you change character.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

There's a thread about AwesomiumProcess already, but as the search function is as Fubared as the rest of the forum...

Anyway, if you have on intention if using the DDO Store, opening the former 'MyDDO' page and/or using the ingame support you can just kill all the awesomecrap processes.
    If you intend to use any of the above, you can kill some, as there's only 3 processes that seems to be linked to these 3 pages, the other four don't seem to have any impact.
    ( sadly there's no way to know which are which )

Also important thing to know : all the awesomecrap processes are recreated when you change character.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Then use the Advanced Search.

1. Click on "Advanced Search" instead of using the search box.
    2. Select the "Search Multiple Content Types" tab.
    3. Enter in the keyword term you want to look for in the "Keyword(s)" box. "AwesomiumProcess" in this case.
    4. Click on the SECOND "Search Now" button. The one to the right of the "order" listings.
    5. Profit by reading the results. Most of which are applicable in this instance.

I forget which one of the 17 threads would hold what the OP is wanting, but it would be on the first page.

Community Member

Make a desktop shortcut with this address:

C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /f /im awesomiumprocess.exe

to kill all the awesomeium processes.

But be warned that DDO will crash if you try to access the store.
    Last edited by BentoBox; 06-26-2013 at 08:16 AM.