Thread: Ddo ii

Default Ddo ii

So with all the changes in game mechanics incoming and all the crafting incompatibilities that exist currently and all of the incompleteness of enhancements i.e. prestige enhancements why not give us an entirely new game? Preserve everything we love about the game and import those into a new game that has all of the features currently being worked in.
    Dontbleed----Velvetelvis----Bleedout----Whatsina
    Synergia
    Argo

Quote Originally Posted by rjbutchko View Post
    So with all the changes in game mechanics incoming and all the crafting incompatibilities that exist currently and all of the incompleteness of enhancements i.e. prestige enhancements why not give us an entirely new game? Preserve everything we love about the game and import those into a new game that has all of the features currently being worked in.
    From a business point of view it's probably a bad idea. I don't think eq2 did as well as eq and ac2 didn't do as well as ac. I can't think of other mmo sequels to be honest and I'm not in the mood to google them. But from the top of my head they never do as well as the original, mmo's are very different from console games where sequels are a good thing.

Community Member

because it costs 10x as much to develop a new game from the ground up?

You say just throw out everything but keep the stuff you like...but how is that any different than just getting rid of the stuff you don't like in DDO and adding stuff you do? What makes it DDO2 instead of just DDO Update XX? Unless your complaint is the old engine and graphics? But, really, if the visuals are what you're playing for, maybe you're better off with an offline MMO, or a newer MMO.

Nothing stays young forever, so older games are better served trying to be fun than flashy

Wont happen and if it didn't it would be based on the new dnd coming out and it will bite. DDO may not be perfect but its still the best MMO out there by a long shot and that includes all games in development so far that I know about the only one that might be viable is the pathfinder one but I am not holding my breath on that one every coming out or being any good.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

It would be awesome if we woke up tomorrow and DDO was rewritten on a new engine though. Just buy the game, and you can continue your original DDO characters progress.
    That would be super duper.
    DDO needs a sugar daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    1337 x Pi = 80081E5

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    Wont happen and if it didn't it would be based on the new dnd coming out and it will bite. DDO may not be perfect but its still the best MMO out there by a long shot and that includes all games in development so far that I know about the only one that might be viable is the pathfinder one but I am not holding my breath on that one every coming out or being any good.
    Take a look at Elder Scrolls Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Take a look at Elder Scrolls Online.
    I loathe the elder scroll series. But thanks for trying to be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    I loathe the elder scroll series. But thanks for trying to be helpful
    I've personally played about 5 minutes of Oblivion and wasn't too impressed with it... and have played none of the other Elder Scrolls games. I'm not recommending it as a fan of the ES series. I'm recommending it as a fan of MMO's and D&D.

To be fair, a lot of MMO's over the years have threatened to steal my interest from DDO and have failed. But ESO looks to be different. It's beautiful to look at, has real time combat, a 1st person option (miss that from EQ), a massive world where exploration is encouraged and rewarded (as opposed to the world just being in the way of getting from point A to B), and promises a flexible class-based system. Sure, a lot of details have yet to be released, but as an fantasy MMO, it sure looks and feels more like D&D than anything else out there.

As much as I want Pathfinder Online to be good, since it can't even use the rule-set it's based on I'm skeptical... and, as you mentioned, who knows when (or if) it will ever come out... or whether it will be plagued and degraded by an over zealous micro-transaction system in order to be profitable.
    Last edited by Full_Bleed; 06-24-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    I've personally played about 5 minutes of Oblivion and wasn't too impressed with it... and have played none of the other Elder Scrolls games. I'm not recommending it as a fan of the ES series. I'm recommending it as a fan of MMO's and D&D.

To be fair, a lot of MMO's over the years have threatened to steal my interest from DDO and have failed. But ESO looks to be different. It's beautiful to look at, has real time combat, a 1st person option (miss that from EQ), a massive world where exploration is encouraged and rewarded (as opposed to the world just being in the way of getting from point A to B), and promises a flexible class-based system. Sure, a lot of details have yet to be released, but as an fantasy MMO, it sure looks and feels more like D&D than anything else out there.

As much as I want Pathfinder Online to be good, since it can't even use the rule-set it's based on I'm skeptical... and, as you mentioned, who knows when (or if) it will ever come out... or whether it will be plagued and degraded by an over zealous micro-transaction system in order to be profitable.

The MMO I really want doesnt exist and never will except in the pages of my favorite comic book Knights of the Dinner Table the world of hackcraft sounds so cool being able to take over a dungeon after clearing it and using it for a base for your group is the ultimate idea IMO. I might look at the elder scrolls when it comes out but I have been so disapointed with everything that has come out lately myself, that I dont expect it to be anything I want, the only other game that holds any draw for me is the SWG emulator but its so slow in progressing that I dont expect it to ever be anything more than a pipe dream.