Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Keep in mind. Either your data/transmission is not encrypted and can be read by a third party. Or it is encrypted so that an agency like the NSA will save the data until it might deem it worthy to decrypt. ,-)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ensis View Post
    Yes, please share. Would it dump a combat log to text consistently? I'd love a script that would parse and write DPS in real-time.
    As a student I had worked for some time at a computer store. One of the co-workers used to play WoW when there were not so many customers around. Maybe some IT guys at the NSA or their contractors occasionally do similar things (e.g. play MMOs at work, write scripts for their hobbies, etc.). It would be a waste of computing resources to not use it in any way possible. ,-)

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Anyone remember this? (Blue Thunder)

This was 1983 - 30 years ago..takes ya back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aHTL1V0FOs

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Hmmm so is my tinfoil hat still working, or do I need to line my office walls to.
    Tinfoil hats never stopped us.

er, umm, I mean... They work just fine.

[face_innocent]
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    Anyone remember this? (Blue Thunder)

This was 1983 - 30 years ago..takes ya back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aHTL1V0FOs
    Classic from most of 40 years ago.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071360/
    There is no free lunch.

This whole thread has been logged. Run!
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    This type of thing has been going on longer then most of the people that are playing DDO have been alive.

There is no going back.
    A communist under every bush?

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    A communist under every bush?
    Well, Communist and Community have the same root word. Something to think about.
    There is no free lunch.

Default NSA chief says PRISM protects World of Warcraft

Well, I'm satisfied this all above board.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

Is the church of the silver flame on a bit of a *jihad*? What do you all think about that quest where you kill innocent people?

I just had to do it .

Smile

in dank cesspool beneath Meridia, we craft our first Weapons of Mass Destruction.

...drone cannot see.

-so they r now Chat-Tapping?
    TKSK - Thelanis ("Best Server" -NyTimes).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Is the church of the silver flame on a bit of a *jihad*? What do you all think about that quest where you kill innocent people?

I just had to do it .
    That quest is bestowed by Inquisitor Gnomon.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Have you ever spoken with the Inspired? These foreigners appear to be plotting to take over the land, but nonetheless their religious fervor is impressive.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    there has to be a person employed by the government who is taking the time to record or listen to your idle chatter.
    No, there doesn't. That's just ignorance on your part. Maybe you should correct that before you go insulting people. Here's a hint: there's a difference between gathering and analysis.

That said, OP, it's a safe bet there is not any truly safe or secure ecomm available to civilians. And there isnt' anything we can do about it.

Community Member

Yes they can monitor it if they get the right subpoenas signed by a judge forcing Turbine to co-operate (the data goes to the DDO servers and back out, so yes they can) and spend the time probably developing something to allow them to listen in. No they won't monitor it, that's utterly stupid.

Also: Who thinks the NSA can monitor a phone that's turned off?! Maybe iuf it has a discrete audio recording device added to it after market, but no, cellphones don't work like that, they require electricity, if they're not turned on they can't transmit to the cell tower.

edit: they could also wire tap your home internet connection and capture the packets as they go, but I doubt they will do this. It's much more likely that 99% of NSA activity is checking for things that've already happened (phone calls to blacklisted numbers) they've little reason to spy on your traffic unless they're already suspicious of you, there aren't enough people in the US to 24/7 staff an operation where all communication is watched/listened to live.
    Last edited by PaddyMaxson; 06-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMaxson View Post
    Also: Who thinks the NSA can monitor a phone that's turned off?! Maybe iuf it has a discrete audio recording device added to it after market, but no, cellphones don't work like that, they require electricity, if they're not turned on they can't transmit to the cell tower.

edit: they could also wire tap your home internet connection and capture the packets as they go, but I doubt they will do this. It's much more likely that 99% of NSA activity is checking for things that've already happened (phone calls to blacklisted numbers) they've little reason to spy on your traffic unless they're already suspicious of you, there aren't enough people in the US to 24/7 staff an operation where all communication is watched/listened to live.
    Is a phone that's turned off really a phone?

They don't need to tap your home connection, when they can simply tap the router backbones (which they already do). The point isn't whether there's enough humans to monitor traffic, that's what machines are for. What the analytical machines are doing, and who sets the rules for the machines, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyMaxson View Post
    Yes they can monitor it if they get the right subpoenas signed by a judge forcing Turbine to co-operate (the data goes to the DDO servers and back out, so yes they can) and spend the time probably developing something to allow them to listen in. No they won't monitor it, that's utterly stupid.

Yeah, but in the era where people cannot find where they are going without a smart phone with GPS, and cannot let one hour pass without posting that idiiotic random thought that went through their head on their facebook page, you think that these phones get turned off?

Pffth!

If you are all sure-fired concerned about someone listening in and reactivating your phone while it is "off", yank the battery. Poof! Now it's REALLY turned off...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12