Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default I miss the lottery.

I miss the lottery. This came up in in-game conversation yesterday.

I know it didn't work for some people, but I would have preferred that be fixed instead of disappearing it.

I'm sure it was a business decision.

The items in the daily dice don't compare, and I can only get them on one character at a time. I could also enter the lottery from outside the game.

Some of my most pleasant experiences came winning lesser hearts of wood and other goodies that I could bank for the future, and it made me feel that DDO was being "generous" to both newbies and those of us without a lot of guild ties and/or time to play.

My DDO experience is lessened without it.

I'm just sayin'

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    I miss the lottery. This came up in in-game conversation yesterday.

I know it didn't work for some people, but I would have preferred that be fixed instead of disappearing it.

I'm sure it was a business decision.

The items in the daily dice don't compare, and I can only get them on one character at a time. I could also enter the lottery from outside the game.

Some of my most pleasant experiences came winning lesser hearts of wood and other goodies that I could bank for the future, and it made me feel that DDO was being "generous" to both newbies and those of us without a lot of guild ties and/or time to play.

My DDO experience is lessened without it.

I'm just sayin'
    Counterpoint, though...

DD you can roll daily, where Lottery was maybe once or twice a week. DD are guaranteed to give you something, Lottery skunked you a bunch. DD jackpots are comparable to Lottery rewards, though I don't know if statistically you'll roll a Jackpot as often as you'd win a Lottery.

Lastly, lotteries encouraged people to roll alts just to increase their number of "raffle tickets", or to enter a bunch of mules and crafting alts and idle characters. That's not really fair to people who don't have a whole stable of characters, who just have one or two main characters. And, they do intend to make all DD rewards BtA, so you can transfer them to whichever alt will make the best use of it.

Also, I did like that you could enter Lotteries outside the game, for when you weren't home, but the process to enter the Lottery was rather onerous and hard to find...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Lastly, lotteries encouraged people to roll alts just to increase their number of "raffle tickets", or to enter a bunch of mules and crafting alts and idle characters. That's not really fair to people who don't have a whole stable of characters, who just have one or two main characters. And, they do intend to make all DD rewards BtA, so you can transfer them to whichever alt will make the best use of it.
    Pretty much this. Not having the lottery give you BtA rewards was one of its big turn-offs.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by bbcjoke View Post
    Pretty much this. Not having the lottery give you BtA rewards was one of its big turn-offs.
    And I find having the DD give me all these BTC elixirs on a char that doesn't need them to be a similar turnoff.

I was able to enter the lottery sometimes several times a day. And it was only one website and two clicks away.

Although the lottery had a lot of crappy rewards it had a few better ones. Seemed to span the quality continuum further to each extreme. I doubt I'll be winning any lessers or tokens in the DD, but also I admit the number of silly hair dies or other things I could care less about isn't there to deal with anymore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And, they do intend to make all DD rewards BtA, so you can transfer them to whichever alt will make the best use of it.
    Turbine: paving the road to hell one misplaced stone at a time.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

I miss the lottery too. Sadly, I think it was a victim alongside the death of MyDDO.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    I miss the lottery too. Sadly, I think it was a victim alongside the death of MyDDO.
    I miss it too.........ive actually gotten stuff that was bta that was very useful from the lottery but the silver dice roll yay 1k plat over and over everyday, i often don't bother with it.........and its silly how it was so easy to trick people into using their shards for more rolls lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I miss it too.........ive actually gotten stuff that was bta that was very useful from the lottery but the silver dice roll yay 1k plat over and over everyday, i often don't bother with it.........and its silly how it was so easy to trick people into using their shards for more rolls lol.
    The silver lottery is not nearly as good. I've managed to roll 3 100's receiving 2 30% xp pots and a +2 loot boost. But that doesn't compare to the hearts, loot boosts, cakes, astral gems, and other high value store items I received with the old lottery. Items I have never, and likely will never, actually receive in the game itself. And I only had 5-6 characters who entered 1-3 times a week with a couple clicks. Logging into the game to get 1k pp or a string of prayer beads is just a waste of time when you don't actually have time to play the game. Turbine can thank the loss of the lottery and the forum implosion for the drop in out-of-game interest and participation. I know they want people in the game 24/7 spending nickels and dimes, but for many of us, that's just not possible. However, checking in on the news and entering the lotteries was, and it helped hold my interest.

And, yes, several people I game with blew shards before they realized what was going on. And if Turbine thinks that made them interested in buying shards, they are sadly mistaken.

For probably 1/2 of my characters, the lottery didn't work as they were "archived" versions, or managed to get corrupted somehow in MyDDO.

So for me, the daily dice roll is fun. IMO, it's far more enjoyable than trying to get a system that was forever broken to actually work.
    Yes, the rewards aren't as nice as far as we can tell, but it's a definite step up from nothing.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

daily dice stink, every time i get a collectible or crafting prize i just sigh and think about how much i hate these stupid shard stealing scam features.