Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    98

    Default Do you know ddo?

    Do you realy know the game, TTHJR?

    The normal composite plaiting is only a feat that enables you to wear a docent ... (like a wizzy can wear a robe ...)
    If you are talking about armour, then look at mithril (light-) or adamatine body (heavy armor). The arcane spell failure is significantly increased here.

    http://ddowiki.com/page/Warforged

    Regards Bo
    EU player since release, US player since winter 2009.

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default young?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    You have no idea of what you speak, young one.

    I've very rarely, in all my years of playing this game seen anyone turned down from a group for not playing a WF. in any class.
    And the only times I did was back when VOD was end game, and WF tanks were preferable in that one raid. And that was it. And even then, if you had anyone else who had the AC needed, you took them.

    If there is any racial bias, you're creating it.

    The only thing, and I mean the ONLY thing inherently better about WF casters than fleshy casters is the ability to self heal without swapping to heal scrolls. And this doesn't even matter on a palemaster, and you'd be better off with a different race. And now with ED's and cocoon. Well, WF just aren't that great anymore in comparison. They're about equal now, since the +2 racial con does make it easier to qualify for epic toughness.

    And WF have been out for how long now?
    They're still not the most popular race... And are pretty horrible for EVERYTHING outside of like what, 3 builds?

    And besides all of the game mechanics, it's a pretty integral part of the Eborron lore, from the original PnP game books. If these weren't in the game, or had been implemented differently... well, Let's just say it would have been one of the biggest fails in this games history.
    I'm not all that young. Warforge is a part of Eberon history.I could list all the other races that are a part of Eberon history that are not a part of DDO.Everyone has an opinion, mine is Warforge as a player race was a total bust. Not because they dont belong. Just read up on the warforge race. They cant reproduce, they are created.Who is doing the creating?The lord of Blades? Muwhahahahaha or, one of those Canith labratories that that should have been destroyed?

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default are you amused yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    So, in your twisted vision of world, Eberron was created by Turbine?

    This is even getting better.


    Please, don't cease to amuse us.
    Turbine didn't create the warforged race! They created the warforged player race. Wf pop out of some mythical laboratory that somehow manage to not get destroyed. Available for you to play for a small token price. Warforged should be a race on the verge of extinction, something rare and wonderous if you should happen to meet one. Not overly abundant arrogant player race that has no sex organs to reprodduce and run bias quest refusing players that are not warforged.
    Last edited by IWIronheart; 06-23-2013 at 08:15 PM.

  4. #24
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    I'm not all that young. Warforge is a part of Eberon history.I could list all the other races that are a part of Eberon history that are not a part of DDO.Everyone has an opinion, mine is Warforge as a player race was a total bust. Not because they dont belong. Just read up on the warforge race. They cant reproduce, they are created.Who is doing the creating?The lord of Blades? Muwhahahahaha or, one of those Canith labratories that that should have been destroyed?
    When you roll a new character, you dont start at the time they were born. A human would be 18 or 30 years old, and elf would be 200 or whatever. Likewise if you start up a lvl 1 wf wizard, it wasnt just created, he has a back story. Perhaps he was forged 100 years ago and worked as a bartender until he got fired then went and bought a book and started learning. *shrugs*

    Point is, the wf are already created, so them not being able to reproduce is a non issue.

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    When you roll a new character, you dont start at the time they were born. A human would be 18 or 30 years old, and elf would be 200 or whatever. Likewise if you start up a lvl 1 wf wizard, it wasnt just created, he has a back story. Perhaps he was forged 100 years ago and worked as a bartender until he got fired then went and bought a book and started learning. *shrugs*

    Point is, the wf are already created, so them not being able to reproduce is a non issue.
    ok then, that brings us to another retarded aspec. Warforged being created just like a golem.Just how would a warforged be able to reincarnate?I mean really, hard to reincarnate if you were created not born of a living parents wouldnt you say?

  6. #26
    Community Member Lonnbeimnech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    ok then, that brings us to another retarded aspec. Warforged being created just like a golem.Just how would a warforged be able to reincarnate?I mean really, hard to reincarnate if you were created not born of a living parents wouldnt you say?
    The eberron setting leaves their creation as a mystery for the DM to fill in as suits his campeign. What the folks at ddo seem to hint at is that they were originally created by the quori from the dream plane as host bodies for their kind in the ancient war with the giants. House cannith found these creation forges and managed to get them online and made a few(hundred? thousand? hundred thousand?) warforged before it became illegal to make more of them some time ago when it became known that they were sentient beings and were to be treated as living humanoids with rights and so forth, rather than as golems or other constructs.

  7. #27
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seminole, FL
    Posts
    10,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    lol alot of players want thier warforged casters lefted alone i see, i can understand that if you dont have the skill to level a real caster.

    Basically thats why warforged was created for all you that cant build a toon.So if all else fails , you can always buy points and go warforged
    You have pretty much just proven to me that this whol ethread is based on your perception that WF casters are more powerful than othrr casters and that you do not want to pay to play one, so you want them removed from the game (or nerfed).

    Some races are always better for some classes than others... this has probably always been true in D&D.

    But WF get only two advantages IMO for being a caster.

    Higher AC is one of them.... but..... only 2 higher from Composite plating. Maybe slightly higher from docents... but actually that is no longer true either. (unless you know where I can find a +8 Docent)

    Self healing is the real advantage of WF. AC bo0nus is meaningless. Slightly meaningful at low levels, but I think that a fleshy caster can get a higher AC at high levels (right now... futire gear could always change that)

    IMO, WF should... make poor Sorcs... but Turbine has turned Sorcs into damage dealers that could care less about a penalty to their casting stat so...... they actually make real good Sorcs.


    Maybe your post should be about Con. Since the most common held beleif about how to buld a great caster in DDO is max casting stat and then pump just about everythin gelse into Con... and WF have a bonus to Con.


    It is almost laughable to me that you focus on WF caster AC.

    IMO, WF AC for all classes is lacking behind other races.

    WF immunities have been nerfed significantly.

    I do agree that Rust Monsters should be returned to their previous furosios state that use to sened WF players running in fear. (God I miss that!)


    You want a caster with AC? Play an Elf.
    They are the best SR defeaters anyway.

    Drow have the best save DCs.

    Pale Masters can self heal.

    Half Elf with Cleric dillie could wand and scroll heal very well. (but SP healing is always better)

    News flash: WF are NOT the best casters.

    But they do fit a popular playing style very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

  8. #28
    Community Member Charononus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Warforged arcane casters is ridiculous! This breaks one of the oldest and most fundemental rules of D&D.Casters cant wear metal armor without spell failure.

    What is turbine trying to tell us with warforged arcanes without any spell casting hinderance?That its ok to break the rules as long as you have money to spend with us?
    Guess you missed
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlock...%26_Dragons%29
    http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-ar...e-caster--183/
    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    really dont care what is replied, as a DND player since the 70's .warforge race is a total joke, no brain, no lungs,no sexual organs, no soul, more or less a playable golem . golems where controlled by their makers.unless the warforge has some kind of fantasy microprocessor in its head giving it the ability to think and have int. was very convient that not all of labatories that make warforge wasnt destroyied as ordered by house canith so no other warforge could be produced. like i said a joke of a race made for those that just dont get it when it comes to rolling a toon
    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    lol alot of players want thier warforged casters lefted alone i see, i can understand that if you dont have the skill to level a real caster.

    Basically thats why warforged was created for all you that cant build a toon.So if all else fails , you can always buy points and go warforged
    Guess someone got booted from a byoh group for rolling a drow sorc with no umd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    The eberron setting leaves their creation as a mystery for the DM to fill in as suits his campeign. What the folks at ddo seem to hint at is that they were originally created by the quori from the dream plane as host bodies for their kind in the ancient war with the giants. House cannith found these creation forges and managed to get them online and made a few(hundred? thousand? hundred thousand?) warforged before it became illegal to make more of them some time ago when it became known that they were sentient beings and were to be treated as living humanoids with rights and so forth, rather than as golems or other constructs.
    I always pictured the last war as being close to world war two in scale, with something like 100 million combatants 80% or so of which were warforged.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    385

    Default

    So you made your first ddo character thinking this was a round by round based and rooted combat structure like D&D.

    Then you stepped into a byoh Elite BB streak pug thinking I'm gonna nuke things and ding'd on the first few mobs.

    Then you realized since you can't heal that no one is going to stay behind you to pump hjeals at your fleshy wizard all dungeon long.

    After further dying they told you to not join their group and pointed out that WF can self heal so you should probably roll one if you dont know how to heal yourself.
    But, yeah, let's scream nerf WF because you don't want to learn how to better play a fast paced, first person shooter mmo with infinite character builds based on D&D.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Everyone else has pretty thoroughly elucidated all the problems with the OP's viewpoint about WF and Eberron.

    I'd just like to add that "Composite Armor" does not necessarily mean metal at all. I've always thought it was analogous to a "composite bow", ie layers of various materials like wood, bone, and sinew, that grant greater flexibility and elasticity to the material. If it was metal, you'd imagine that WF would not be able to be Druids no matter what, since that's why they cant take Mithral or Adamantine plating.

    Modern composite armor is the same idea, albeit with metals, ceramics, plastics etc. as the layered materials.

    Plus, its not like metal somehow "short circuits" arcane power in the first place, it just makes it hard to perform the somatic component of arcane spells.

  11. #31
    Hero Gkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTHJR View Post
    Turbine didn't create the warforged race! They created the warforged player race. .
    You know you can't make a single post without getting a fact wrong. Eberron is the default 3.5 campaign setting. In Eberron 3.5 PnP WF are a player race (and actually in many ways more powerful than the DDO WF since most of their immunities were stripped by Turbine)

  12. #32
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Oh my god this is hilarious.

    Seriously, you're convinced that Warforged Arcanes are overpowered?

    Sorry about your E-peen bro.

  13. #33

    Default

    Some people like role playing a Warforged

    Others apparently like role playing a Troll.

    To each their own.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload