Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    I decided to become a premium user and purchased lots of TP when I bought MotU Expansion. at that time, the exclusive benefit of VIP users is availability to quick-access Heroic Elite. I could give up to be a VIP user and lots feature, so I took all things, shared bank, challenges and most packs of quest, Races and Classes, and so on. It's enough for me even if I didn't get that VIP exclusive feature.(and giving 500 TP per month)

later some months, developers gave a new benefit to VIP users, 10% exp bonus - same to endless 10% exp pot... Well, until the time, I was not angered, just gotten envy of VIP users.

But for now, FREE GOLD DICE for VIP users? are you kidding? are you gonna making all premium users mad who has their reasons to give up becoming VIP? I purchased about over 200 dollars, and It could make me a great VIP user to play the game well, but I passed it by my thought. but It's something getting me.. eh.. well... hah.

It's not that I don't agree your plan to give a new benefit to VIP users, but at least I just want to take some reasonable reward for becoming a HEAVY premium user, and other ppl would do also I believe.

as well, It's not that I suggest every premium users should take the reward. I'm saying about heavy premium users who could become a VIP user enough but gave up it.
    Yeah, I dont think anyone will bite on this one... you can allways Pay $10-$15 more a month to get your 4 gold rolls for random scraps..
    Going premier from VIP probably still netted you ahead of those of us still paying monthly who still have to buy the so called "expansions" which are not really expansions. an Expansion is equivilent to buying a new game.. we got... nvm.. anything I add here is banworthy.... and I think I have already exceeded my Cordovan infractions for the year...
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    While your tone is a bit... antagonistic, you make a fair point.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment and propose :
    Allow one free gold roll per month for ANY user that spends a certain amount of money in the DDO store for that week.

Although honestly, I feel that this "benefit" coming from my VIP standpoint is not really worth arguing over. In fact, if you really want I can mail you that 1,300 platinum I got from my first free gold roll. :P
    Actually a very good idea. An excellent compromise. Turbine loves VIP and gives them perks because it is smart business. Having a stable and steady income stream is more manageable and lends to more efficient planning etc..

The idea above would actually further the enticement for regular, more frequent, spending. Spend 10 or $15 this month get a free gold roll. Makes sense.

Community Member

Why bother with the Gold rolls at all?
    I play them now for a month and only get **** <<
    Is there even something useful?
    only notable stuff i got was Render pet and 1 maj xp pot, rest is slayer boost bs and collectable junk

I am Premium but with all those McMoneysacks who have/buy way to much shards its easy to make more Shards then you can even spend when you are not buying total ****.
    My Shard stack rises since they did come out, i dont even play active atm and i still get more and more shards while making a gold roll every day. And yes i still buy something from time to time from the shard ah but i dont buy overpriced junk.

So
    just sell them junk in the shard AH and make a goldroll every day and dont care about vip.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

FREE GOLD DICE
    Silver dice roll gets me 1 String of Prayer Beads, added to the 2500 I already have.

What does Gold dice roll give? 5 Strings of Prayer Beads?

I couldn't care less about that.

I'd like the Big Premiums to be recognized though, like:
    $200 spent gives you the 10% speed in public areas
    $400 spent gives you the 10% speed in public areas and the hard/elite unlock
    $600 spent gives you the 10% speed in public areas, the hard/elite unlock, the +10% XP and the Gold dice roll

You've gotta be kidding me.....

If anything, VIP needs more perks to make it worthwhile
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Silver dice roll gets me 1 String of Prayer Beads, added to the 2500 I already have.

I couldn't care less about that.

I'd like the Big Premiums to be recognized though, like:
    $200 spent gives you the 10% speed in public areas
    $400 spent gives you the 10% speed in public areas and the hard/elite unlock
    $600 spent gives you the 10% speed in public areas, the hard/elite unlock, the +10% XP and the Gold dice roll
    thanks for the example of what a rich vs poor argument would be about if something like that would ever happen.

spending X amount of money just to get little VIP perks I really could care less about would be enough for me to be so jaded I wouldn't bother logging in again. I would gladly give up that extra 1k VIP xp, that waste of a time increased public speed, once a week gold roll and even elite unlock to get at least a VIP discount on expansions. these meaningless little VIP perks aren't even worth signing up for the sub. the biggest draw to signing up for VIP is the access to all, but apparently not all, content, most classes, shared bank, 500 TP that's equivalent now to when a nickel would buy you a Bazooka gum and 10 character slots. that's where VIPs should be getting perks. not a free toaster for opening a bank account. thanks, but meh. all these "perks" I have no problem if premiums had them as long as VIP perks actually meant something. like a free spa day at a fancy shmancy resort.

VIP is guaranteed income while P2P is not...When your under a large corporation like WB you need guaranteed income not maybe income.

Not saying premium do not spend money but that VIP is guaranteed.

VIP need more perks to pull more folks into paying every month ( or larger subs ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

Cool

I got 5 evil essences on my free gold roll..... Soooo not exactly awesome!
    But still a nice perk for VIPS even if it is really about stimulating the AS economy and PR of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post

I already won two armor kits, a good bunch of XP boosts (of all kinds), a ton of jewel of fortunes of varied sizes, and a pair of skill tomes. And of course, a ton of useless collectables and essences, but sometimes it awards you with shroud mats and someone on my guild won a yellow dopant.

I've been using my free daily silver to discount a gold roll since I noticed I never wasted my AS in anything else.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

But for now, FREE GOLD DICE for VIP users? are you kidding? are you gonna making all premium users mad who has their reasons to give up becoming VIP? I purchased about over 200 dollars, and It could make me a great VIP user to play the game well, but I passed it by my thought. but It's something getting me.. eh.. well... hah.
    As a Premium user who has spend hundreds of dollars unlocking content, I have to say.... Gold Rolls for VIPs seems like a great idea. A small gesture to give back to the people who make regular payments to keep DDO profitable. Little perks like this and the XP boost might have kept me as a subscriber, rather than going over to Premium when it became clear that was the better model for a long term player.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Yeah, I dont think anyone will bite on this one... you can allways Pay $10-$15 more a month to get your 4 gold rolls for random scraps..
    Going premier from VIP probably still netted you ahead of those of us still paying monthly who still have to buy the so called "expansions" which are not really expansions. an Expansion is equivilent to buying a new game.. we got... nvm.. anything I add here is banworthy.... and I think I have already exceeded my Cordovan infractions for the year...
    I would call MOTU a expansion maybe barely but this new one not a chance. and while I did buy it I am not very happy about it.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123