Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Do you also complain when someone who subscribes to the same magazine which you buy at the newsstand not only pays less than you, but also gets the magazine delivered directly to their home?

Didn't think so.
    Heatherx Rgr12/Arti6/Rog2 (PL: 3 Wiz; 1 FvS; 2 Sor; 1 Clr; 1 Arti; 1 Rog)
    Toryen Warchanter 22 ~ Treslyn Cleric 24 ~ Lohikaerme Druid 23 ~ Khenshii Monk 20

Heroes of Light and Darkness ~ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    I decided to become a premium user and purchased lots of TP when I bought MotU Expansion. at that time, the exclusive benefit of VIP users is availability to quick-access Heroic Elite. I could give up to be a VIP user and lots feature, so I took all things, shared bank, challenges and most packs of quest, Races and Classes, and so on. It's enough for me even if I didn't get that VIP exclusive feature.(and giving 500 TP per month)

later some months, developers gave a new benefit to VIP users, 10% exp bonus - same to endless 10% exp pot... Well, until the time, I was not angered, just gotten envy of VIP users.

But for now, FREE GOLD DICE for VIP users? are you kidding? are you gonna making all premium users mad who has their reasons to give up becoming VIP? I purchased about over 200 dollars, and It could make me a great VIP user to play the game well, but I passed it by my thought. but It's something getting me.. eh.. well... hah.

It's not that I don't agree your plan to give a new benefit to VIP users, but at least I just want to take some reasonable reward for becoming a HEAVY premium user, and other ppl would do also I believe.

as well, It's not that I suggest every premium users should take the reward. I'm saying about heavy premium users who could become a VIP user enough but gave up it.

boohoo. stop whining about something so stupid. its 12 shards free a week. OMG of all things to complain about its this. Im premium and i spend a lot of money on the game. i dont care what they get. i paid for everything so far all the upgrades. you dont see me complaining like a kid because they get 10% xp bonus open on elite or a free roll or access to most things. who cares. that is the point of vip. its constant income at least. premium has unknown chance you will pay again.

you know i probably wouldnt come off so annoyed at statements if there was actually proposals like i did a few months ago. this is just simple complaining which will make most laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    VIP probably spend much more than premium on TP... I know i do! About time we got something.
    yeah that statement is about as broad as the op thinking its unfair. lol i spend more tp then some vip. So there goes that statement out the window. some only pay the basic or a few tp. I just wished people would stop making comments like this unless they had actual data to back it.

Personally I thought it was a nice touch to give VIP a Once Per Week Free Gold Roll or approximately 30 Shards (195 TP) per subscription month.

I don't see anything unfair about it, in fact I don't see how fairness even comes to play. This is Turbines way to add incentive to Subscribe it is as much a Marketing thing as it is a PR thing to help hold onto VIPs.

I don't think my $10 per month is a bad investment, and I don't mind paying for the expansion. Turbine has given me a game that I routinely spend 15-20 hours per week in. I feel I'm getting my money's worth. I used to pay over $100 oer month for Cable TV. (most Americans do this), and most normally grumble, but are never as visciious in their whining as people are about this game that costs a mere fraction.

I've dumped cable TV, and don't miss it. I would miss DDO if that was gone. So...I gladly pay my monthly sub fee to upport this game that gives me so much enjoyment.

This is worth getting mad over but still not worth subcribing over I take it. At best it's a paultry benefit to encourage participation in the use of astral shards.

I But for now, FREE GOLD DICE for VIP users? are you kidding?
    While your tone is a bit... antagonistic, you make a fair point.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment and propose :
    Allow one free gold roll per month for ANY user that spends a certain amount of money in the DDO store for that week.

Although honestly, I feel that this "benefit" coming from my VIP standpoint is not really worth arguing over. In fact, if you really want I can mail you that 1,300 platinum I got from my first free gold roll. :P
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Actually, Turbine never defines what the acronym VIP stands for. Since they don't tell you you assume it means "Very Important Person".

It's just as likely that internally it stands for "Verifiable Income Procurement".

As a Premium player that drops the $65 bucks for 6300-8800 TP quarterly (which is more than a yearly subscription), I have to wonder why I'm not as valued as a customer to Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    why I'm not valued
    I've wondered this far more often. I have to say that it's been a while since I believed vip meant very important person but if this gets your shorts all bunched up then feel free to roll with it.

Actually, Turbine never defines what the acronym VIP stands for. Since they don't tell you you assume it means "Very Important Person".

It's just as likely that internally it stands for "Verifiable Income Procurement".

As a Premium player that drops the $65 bucks for 6300-8800 TP quarterly (which is more than a yearly subscription), I have to wonder why I'm not as valued as a customer to Turbine.
    that $65 quarterly, are you buying everything that a VIP gets for $10 monthly? if so, sounds like you may want to switch to VIP as it would be economically better.

or are you buying other things that VIPs don't get with their sub? if so, VIPs are paying $10 monthly plus whatever else. cant put a number to it because who knows how much someone really spends.

sounds like you prefer perks equal to money spent. what would you propose be fair perks for someone who spends $100 yearly? $500? $10? $0? i don't think many people approve of something like that and arguments would be rich vs poor.

VIP over Premium- 10% xp bonus- 10% public running speed boost - 1 free weekly Gold roll. Like it? Subscribe now!

Premium over VIP- Challenge pack or Adventure pack on sale? Premium can buy it. VIP cannot . Premium wins!

Weigh your options. Don't hate, appreciate :P

Community Member

I have never been VIP. Do you mean that the DDO store won't sell packs to VIP's because they already have access?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    I have never been VIP. Do you mean that the DDO store won't sell packs to VIP's because they already have access?
    Yes. That is correct.

Community Member

they give perks to people who are more guaranteed spenders, as a premium player could just spend one time and be done, whereas vip constantly pay, and as long as they want to play like they currently do must pay the whole time.

also i only spend the bare min of 10 per month, only because the ddo store wont let me but turbine points lol.
    Ckarlock, Dragonbloodz, Sorinsal. Argo Server, Guild: Bringers of Darkness.

Community Member

Pls dont presume tha VIP players dont buy TP points. Many of them (and I do it too) are buying them. So its hard to say that Premium player who buought every pack in the game spent more money for ddo than VIP player did.

Free gold roll for VIP? It's unfair!
    No it isn't.

VIP = stuff every month
    Premium = stuff whenever you pay

Want a gold roll, but you're premium? Buy shards, take roll.

H, a premium player
    AUREON/ KEEPER 2006-2009 | CANNITH 2010 -
    Anaplian, Csimian, Tengram, Hackworth, Memenah, Helekye, Nabberfleish
    Brotherhood of the Wolf

Community Member

one Gold dice per week in my opinion is really not big a deal. I never went VIP coz i never had reason to because I also bought most everything. I see VIP as a nice choice for new players.

The only time i imagine i would VIP is if i am leveling a new account. I think VIP is not for everyone and OP you made the right choice in switching to premium which i think is better in the long run.

I think VIP should have benefits for more long time players though and should have more of these perks.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I don't think my $10 per month is a bad investment, and I don't mind paying for the expansion. Turbine has given me a game that I routinely spend 15-20 hours per week in. I feel I'm getting my money's worth. I used to pay over $100 oer month for Cable TV. (most Americans do this), and most normally grumble, but are never as vicious in their whining as people are about this game that costs a mere fraction.

I've dumped cable TV, and don't miss it. I would miss DDO if that was gone. So...I gladly pay my monthly sub fee to upport this game that gives me so much enjoyment.
    +1 well said sir!

I have been VIP ever since I started playing the game nearly a year ago (more or less), I think had maybe a week or two at most when I wasn't VIP and have been VIP ever since and I sincerely think the cost is nothing compared to other things these days. I buy the 3 month option which equals about £21 GBP which to me is a frickin' bargain for a game I play everyday and get a lot of enjoyment out of. Yes it's bugged to hell but development costs time and money so I like think I am doing my bit when I renew my sub every 3 months.

Stoner81.

Community Member

Talking

Who cares. the die is fixed anyway. Just like the silver roll.

I got 2 potions of death ward on my first free gold roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellimancer View Post
    Who cares. the die is fixed anyway. Just like the silver roll.

I got 2 potions of death ward on my first free gold roll.

4 collectables.. 3 are not used...

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Although honestly, I feel that this "benefit" coming from my VIP standpoint is not really worth arguing over. In fact, if you really want I can mail you that 1,300 platinum I got from my first free gold roll. :P
    You can't win plat on the gold dice. The lowest prizes are essences and collectables.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast