Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Free gold roll for VIP? It's unfair!

I decided to become a premium user and purchased lots of TP when I bought MotU Expansion. at that time, the exclusive benefit of VIP users is availability to quick-access Heroic Elite. I could give up to be a VIP user and lots feature, so I took all things, shared bank, challenges and most packs of quest, Races and Classes, and so on. It's enough for me even if I didn't get that VIP exclusive feature.(and giving 500 TP per month)

later some months, developers gave a new benefit to VIP users, 10% exp bonus - same to endless 10% exp pot... Well, until the time, I was not angered, just gotten envy of VIP users.

But for now, FREE GOLD DICE for VIP users? are you kidding? are you gonna making all premium users mad who has their reasons to give up becoming VIP? I purchased about over 200 dollars, and It could make me a great VIP user to play the game well, but I passed it by my thought. but It's something getting me.. eh.. well... hah.

It's not that I don't agree your plan to give a new benefit to VIP users, but at least I just want to take some reasonable reward for becoming a HEAVY premium user, and other ppl would do also I believe.

as well, It's not that I suggest every premium users should take the reward. I'm saying about heavy premium users who could become a VIP user enough but gave up it.
    Last edited by Targal; 06-23-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Lol 15/shards week autospent on random collectable or similiar junk.

VIP offer still ssucks.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Lol 15/shards week autospent on random collectable or similiar junk.

VIP offer still ssucks.
    If live, VIP would take 48(12*4 weeks) Astral Shards per month, and that can be calcuated to 360 TP(7.5 TP per one AS. the ratio is from DDO store). It's not that suck.
    Last edited by Targal; 06-23-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Community Member

(double posting bug... huh)

If you like a perk that the VIP subscription gives, than go sign up. I am happy that VIP is getting love after all this time.
    Last edited by Atremus; 06-23-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

if I spent $200 on the same things that VIPs get for their $100 sub, I would re-think my strategy.

I think Turbine must be realizing how unimportant VIPs have felt the past couple years and giving them some perks like the gold roll is very much needed. the bigger issue they still need to work on is the part about access to packs, races and classes. perks are nice, but lets focus more on the meat of the sub.

How is it unfair? Anyone can access it just be VIP its a little perk and helps make up for other things. And I haven't seen the news about it except for this thread

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    I decided to become a premium user and purchased lots of TP when I bought MotU Expansion. at that time, the exclusive benefit of VIP users is availability to quick-access Heroic Elite. I could give up to be a VIP user and lots feature, so I took all things, shared bank, challenges and most packs of quest, Races and Classes, and so on. It's enough for me even if I didn't get that VIP exclusive feature.(and giving 500 TP per month)

later some months, developers gave a new benefit to VIP users, 10% exp bonus - same to endless 10% exp pot... Well, until the time, I was not angered, just gotten envy of VIP users.

But for now, FREE GOLD DICE for VIP users? are you kidding? are you gonna making all premium users mad who has their reasons to give up becoming VIP? I purchased about over 200 dollars, and It could make me a great VIP user to play the game well, but I passed it by my thought. but It's something getting me.. eh.. well... hah.

It's not that I don't agree your plan to give a new benefit to VIP users, but at least I just want to take some reasonable reward for becoming a HEAVY premium user, and other ppl would do also I believe.

as well, It's not that I suggest every premium users should take the reward. I'm saying about heavy premium users who could become a VIP user enough but gave up it.

Boo frickety hoo. Really? You think that vip is too special? Vip has been getting steadily less "i" since f2p went live. They add a tiny perk (which isn't even on live yet btw and probably won't even make live) and you get all boo hoo? Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

VIP still means 'Very Ignored Person'.

Good they have an advantage over Premium or F2P regarding this. Still, it is not something I consider being worth for subscribing a VIP account.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Default VIP still a bad investment

Since VIP give up money every month for an ever increasingly, bugged game Warner Brothers had to give something to VIP.

Default VIP still a bad investment

Since VIP give up money every month for an ever increasingly bugged game, Warner Brothers had to give something to VIP.

Community Member

Well, I've thought VIP is good enough, but It looks like not in fact as you guys said... anyway, my main topic is that heavy premium users should take more benefit unlike normal users. I didn't say I don't agree developers' plan to put more features on VIP, but at least I'd like to see something as I gave up becoming VIP when starting DDO first.

You'd know VIP is much efficient for new players on DDO. It's much powerful at starting game newly, and cheaper than lots TP to get all things. but lots TP is high cost, so difficult to purchase, and it makes ppl to play the game difficult.

Of course, I agree "lots TP" is more efficient than VIP if time goes. but what I'd like to say is always that.

I'm premium and while I'd kind of like to see Turbine reward those of us who have made a 'significant' expenditure, I'm not going to begrudge the subscribers what Turbine gives them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    I'm premium and while I'd kind of like to see Turbine reward those of us who have made a 'significant' expenditure, I'm not going to begrudge the subscribers what Turbine gives them.
    Yes, that's the point.

Surely the reward/benefit you are getting as someone who's spent heavily as a premium player is ... the actual stuff you've chosen to purchase?

First, nothing is unfair. Nothing stops you from going VIP, or if you don't, simply buying 12 shards a day and doing the gold roll that way.

Second, nothing got worse about premium. If you envy the extra perk from VIP that much, buy it. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    Yes, that's the point.
    No it is a choice. There are 3 play models. Free, Premium and VIP.

You think VIP folks don't buy points either? Stop complaining and pony up for a sub if the perk is so good.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post

Boo frickety hoo. Really? You think that vip is too special? Vip has been getting steadily less "i" since f2p went live. They add a tiny perk (which isn't even on live yet btw and probably won't even make live) and you get all boo hoo? Good luck with that.
    I'm sure it will come live.

They copy/pasted daily dice to lotro, but they gave their vips free golden roll per week, now they're copy/pasting again :]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    No it is a choice. There are 3 play models. Free, Premium and VIP.

You think VIP folks don't buy points either? Stop complaining and pony up for a sub if the perk is so good.
    VIP probably spend much more than premium on TP... I know i do! About time we got something.
    I am a refugee of Devourer, abandoned by Coadmasters and washed up on the shores of the new world Thelanis under the rule of the Turbine empire. The locals are primative, the monsters are tough, and to survive in this savage land i must live by one philosophy... trust no one.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I'm sure it will come live.

They copy/pasted daily dice to lotro, but they gave their vips free golden roll per week, now they're copy/pasting again :]
    Too bad they haven't gotten around to copy/pasted the Visual character creation/cosmetic system and the far more competent Crafting system.

As for VIP getting a new Minor perk...good for them. Personally I think VIP is a misnomer though there not anymore special than anyone else its just a different payment option it should be Free, A-La-Carte and Subscription
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast