Default Should we stay or should we go (Wayfinder)

Hi All
    Would love to see some feedback to this thread about Wayfinder, open to all.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-should-wei-go

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Finhurst View Post
    Hi All
    Would love to see some feedback to this thread about Wayfinder, open to all.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-should-wei-go

Cheers
    Hello Finhurst, my answer you will find in the Wayfinder forum.

Short summary: It will depend on Turbine if they try a relaunch for Wayfinder. Otherwise the server will dwindle and die. My guildies and I will hold on to the end (Haud Feuerfuchs), but I would prefer seeing Wayfinder flourish, as are my fellow mates.

Personally I would suggest opening Wayfinder as a polyglott languages server (FLS - foreign languages server) and to give specific languages guilds like the Brasilians or the French a one-time chance to populate Wayfinder. I would not mind to have Wayfinder declared a regular server like Canith or Sarlona too.

But, as said, it will depend on what Turbine wants.

Wow thats a pretty low count compared to the next server cannith...

8400 wayfinder
    67000 cannith

they should just add wayfinder to cannith... low pop count solved..
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Hello Finhurst, my answer you will find in the Wayfinder forum.

Short summary: It will depend on Turbine if they try a relaunch for Wayfinder. Otherwise the server will dwindle and die. My guildies and I will hold on to the end (Haud Feuerfuchs), but I would prefer seeing Wayfinder flourish, as are my fellow mates.

Personally I would suggest opening Wayfinder as a polyglott languages server (FLS - foreign languages server) and to give specific languages guilds like the Brasilians or the French a one-time chance to populate Wayfinder. I would not mind to have Wayfinder declared a regular server like Canith or Sarlona too.
    Didn't even consider that. nice option.

Fin*

Submit a merger request to Thelanis.

We will consider your application.

*snubs nose*

Community Member

I almost exclusively play on Wayfinder, but I think it was a big mistake to consider it a "German server".
    Turbine should indeed remove the "DE" and make it (at least) an "European server".

Turbine didn't noticeably advertise in Germany (which they better had) and yet the DE probably lets too many people think it's a purely German server.
    So the best course of action would be to make players understand that Wayfinder is not some kind of restricted server.

On the other hand, I suppose if they closed Wayfinder for good, that'd be the last thing the marketing department wants. It could easily be seen as a general failure of DDO - the closing of a server being interpreted as just a big step toward closing down the whole game.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Even better merg Wayfinder AND Cannith into the other servers Honestly if I was on Wayfinder I would just get the 5 or 6 others to join me in creating new characters on Thelanis and your problem is solved (that's a joke btw)

Community Member

I know this sounds like doing Turbine's job for them, but why not use the net for a publicity campaign? Get as many players as you can to talk nice about DDO in social networking sites. Maybe this will get more people to try the game, and some will stay. Maybe even specify Wayfinder as looking for adventurous souls who like to explore 3D worlds. Draw up graphics and promote the game in several languages.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester