Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 124
  1. #1
    Community Member Finhurst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Nimrod
    Posts
    43

    Default Should we stay or should wei go

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK34uNGvMbs
    The vid says it all.

    I know this has been posted before, but we are seeing and hearing from other Guilds that people are looking to move to other servers away from the Wayfinder server.

    This is pretty sad and if it keeps up, we will have no community on Wayfinder.
    You only have to look at http://www.ddoracle.com/Traffic.html to see the sad population problems that I feel Turbine could fix easily if they had enough of our input and feedback on how to fix the problem.

    I would love to hear from the other people from Wayfinder on their thoughts. I love this server, the people are all great to play with and I have invested (like most of us have) money into my toons to make this an enjoyable game.

    My thoughts on this and how Turbine could help are:

    • Allow people from other servers a "FREE" transfer to Wayfinder
    • Remove the DE from the server name (sorry to the German community, no offence)
    • Offer up "bonus days" if not to all but at least new players
    • Us (Wayfinder Guilds) , as a community offer membership to our guilds for these new players

    Or
    • Offer the Wafinder community a "FREE" transfer to another server of their choice for all of their toons


    I'm sure, if we all untie as a group, we can get some action here. Me personally, i would love to see Wayfinder grow.


    By the way, thanks to all the awesome people that i do play with on Wayfinder. You are great people and fun to play with, I would hate to see this server die in behind.

    Cheers
    Last edited by Finhurst; 06-22-2013 at 11:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    I to would like to see Wayfinder grow.

    This server has been the most fun. Ive invested both time and money. If we cant get some action there will be no Wayfinder as everyone will have left. For other servers or other games even.

    Fin*

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    58

    Default

    It's past time they merge a server or two anyway. Pull enough players into wayfinder to make it active and you'll have some other server asking if they should stay or go.

  4. #4
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GimpyPaw View Post
    It's past time they merge a server or two anyway. Pull enough players into wayfinder to make it active and you'll have some other server asking if they should stay or go.
    Don't agree. There is enough lag on servers. they don't need more players they need to maybe shed a few to reduce load. Wayfinder can handle a few more players on at the same time.

    fin*

  5. #5
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    I would prefer to see Wayfinder being continued. For this, we need more players. I think, it´s time for Turbine to re-think thdoeir concept of Wayfinder. From time to time there seems to be more players from Brasil to be online over the other servers, than Germans on Wayfinder and the other servers together. So I would propose to open Wayfinder for other cultures and to make Wayfinder a polyglott home for many a language. This would make Wayfinder FLS - Foreign Languages Server. Give any guild of any other server the chance to relocate to Wayfinder, e.g. Brasilians, French, Japanese...

    Then let´s see if Wayfinder can flourish.

    Merging servers - there already has been the big time discussion in the general forum. There is no server that much less active from the big seven that merging Wayfinder does any good. Perhaps Turbine has better data, but DDOracle has this clearly visible from the published data available. If Wayfinder is to be closed down (which would saden me personally, but I would not be too surprised) they will give us the opportunity to switch to other servers. Until then I will hold on Wayfinder. I like the server not to be laggy or overcrowded. I play Orien as well, and there are many subtle differences between those two servers and Wayfinder has a distinctive style I love and would like to see conserved into the future. If need be, I would migrate to either Thellanis or Sarlona with my guild - because these servers have a little less population than e.g. Canith. But in truth I would like to see Wayfinder flourisch instead of dwindling.

    I would back any move by Turbine (bonus weekends, special events9 for Wayfinder to gain more population. And to Turbine, I would suggest to open up on Wayfinder - doing away with the [DE] should not be too big a feat. Then publicy announcing Wayfinder to be an international server with a lot of languages and cultures, and an opting-in for existing guilds from other servers to transfer to Wayfinder. Thiis should not be too hard to accomplish. And Wayfinder would gain population immediately.

    Personally, I am positive of Wayfinder even with a big influx of players being able to retain the unique style that I grew to love. Make Wayfinder better!

    Some side note from the forum trench. W/o campaigning and putting some preassure on Turbine, they will not act - or will act on behalf of their marketing dept. only which might exactly be the opposite of what we want.

    So let´s collect and brainstorm here on what we want and then let´s start to put the topic into the geeral discussion forum AND into the official discussion forum (MajMal has asked for "peeves", so we may give the Wayfinder situation to him). We can change Wayfinder to be a better home.

  6. #6
    Community Member khamastus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default

    I would transfer to wayfinder if there was a free option to do so. If only to help save it. Cuz I'm awesome like that. You guys should really be petitioning turbine to allow ME to transfer there.
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    1337 x Pi = 80081E5

  7. #7
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khamastus View Post
    I would transfer to wayfinder if there was a free option to do so. If only to help save it. Cuz I'm awesome like that. You guys should really be petitioning turbine to allow ME to transfer there.
    Come one come all.

    Wayfinder does indeed have its own flare. This is what we want to preserve. But we want our server to flourish.

    fni*

  8. #8
    Community Member humbleroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    202

    Default

    after the MOTU expansion there was the same amount of players but they were spread out across more game. After looking on those graphs I wonder if Wayfinder can survive another expansion.

    I think its a failed Turbine experiment. I play with Germans and people from that part of the world on Argo. Im glad they stayed.

    Turbine should be offering free character transfers to the server of your choice because they know their 'experiment' didnt work out.


    btw, did they do much advertising in Germany ?
    Real join date: Update 7

  9. #9
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,906

    Default

    Come to Khyber if they ever open transfers again. And your video isn't available to me here for some reason even though I know it and love the band I saw them in concert a very very long time ago.

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  10. #10
    Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    144

    Default I played on Wayfinder

    Great server because of the low amounts of lag. There were only high level groups mostly, not many low level groups.

    Of course, I did not play during peak Germany time. I also was not looking for groups to join, just curious to see the LFM panel.

    I played solo. Got my 100 favor and boogied off. I might go back to get more favor before the server goes away.

    Impossible to find loot at the brokers as there were not enough players to sell the brokers enough loot for a variety. Almost impossible for me to earn plat by selling stuff so I can buy the over priced stuff.

    On the AH as with a small population all prices were outrageous as everyone was selling their stuff to the same people that had lots of plat.

    I like Wayfinder because it exposes the fact that lag is caused by the amount of players on a server. Not anything to do in the game such as Dungeon Alert being used to alleviate lag. Having Baudry's closed has nothing to with lag. Those are complete and utter lies. Dungeon Alert was created to slow the zerg. If having too many monsters angry then why do we have a bazillion cosmetic pets floating around that make the servers angry?


    I will play on Wayfinder again. I won't join any groups because there just are not that many that fulfill my objectives. I won't create any LFMs, because my style of play is not like everyone else's as I play my way, not their way.

    BTW, DDoracle has not been updated since Turbine announced they were killing the API. That decision was based on the fact that players were getting information from the API that turbine did not want out, and that the user created apps were way better than MyDDO and MyDDO was not catching on with the masses. Won't even mention that MyDDO would be constantly broken and muddled with and the powers that be did not seem to care. Obviously, MyDDO was someone's pet project and once that someone left the company, it was deemed as a non-asset.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

  11. #11
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNameIwasntB4 View Post
    Great server because of the low amounts of lag. There were only high level groups mostly, not many low level groups.

    Of course, I did not play during peak Germany time. I also was not looking for groups to join, just curious to see the LFM panel.

    I played solo. Got my 100 favor and boogied off. I might go back to get more favor before the server goes away.

    Impossible to find loot at the brokers as there were not enough players to sell the brokers enough loot for a variety. Almost impossible for me to earn plat by selling stuff so I can buy the over priced stuff.

    On the AH as with a small population all prices were outrageous as everyone was selling their stuff to the same people that had lots of plat.

    I like Wayfinder because it exposes the fact that lag is caused by the amount of players on a server. Not anything to do in the game such as Dungeon Alert being used to alleviate lag. Having Baudry's closed has nothing to with lag. Those are complete and utter lies. Dungeon Alert was created to slow the zerg. If having too many monsters angry then why do we have a bazillion cosmetic pets floating around that make the servers angry?


    I will play on Wayfinder again. I won't join any groups because there just are not that many that fulfill my objectives. I won't create any LFMs, because my style of play is not like everyone else's as I play my way, not their way.

    BTW, DDoracle has not been updated since Turbine announced they were killing the API. That decision was based on the fact that players were getting information from the API that turbine did not want out, and that the user created apps were way better than MyDDO and MyDDO was not catching on with the masses. Won't even mention that MyDDO would be constantly broken and muddled with and the powers that be did not seem to care. Obviously, MyDDO was someone's pet project and once that someone left the company, it was deemed as a non-asset.
    They didn't end up killing the API. its still available.

  12. #12
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    They didn't end up killing the API. its still available.
    Yeah, but it provides no new data. So the API is still there, the uderlying updating process has been removed. What do I do with data that is not up-to-date any more?

  13. #13
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Yeah, but it provides no new data. So the API is still there, the uderlying updating process has been removed. What do I do with data that is not up-to-date any more?
    Hmm. u sure. i see our guild renown go up on yourddo.

    If ur right its the same old saying, garbage in garbage out.

  14. #14
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    The biggest mistake of Turbine was actually to put the DE mark on the server. Even if they remove it now, Wayfinder will always be known as the german server. People should just transfer away (should be free) so Turbine can make up for this horrible mistake called Wayfinder and get rid of it.

    They should have just made an EU server, not DE only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  15. #15
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Hmm. u sure. i see our guild renown go up on yourddo.

    If ur right its the same old saying, garbage in garbage out.
    Uhm, I do not know. Haus Feurerfuchs, my guild, still is rated at lv. 63 on myddo, but we meanwhile are lv. 65. So this does not work, I would guess. But perhaps I am doing something wrong.

  16. #16
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    The biggest mistake of Turbine was actually to put the DE mark on the server. Even if they remove it now, Wayfinder will always be known as the german server. People should just transfer away (should be free) so Turbine can make up for this horrible mistake called Wayfinder and get rid of it.

    They should have just made an EU server, not DE only.
    Why not do away with the DE and rename the server completely. Simple, gets the job done. How about "Lyradar" or "Kundarak"?

  17. #17
    Community Member sdrocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Uhm, I do not know. Haus Feurerfuchs, my guild, still is rated at lv. 63 on myddo, but we meanwhile are lv. 65. So this does not work, I would guess. But perhaps I am doing something wrong.
    Try this

    http://ddocrafting.info/guilds/

    Just checked. you could be right. also have a look at http://ddoracle.com/Wayfinder.html
    Last edited by sdrocky; 06-24-2013 at 10:42 PM.

  18. #18
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,773

    Default

    We have taken a couple of steps today that may have an impact on Wayfinder's population. We have removed the [DE] text from the launcher, since Wayfinder is no longer a German-language-specific server. We have also made Wayfinder the default "recommended world" for new players.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



  19. #19
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have taken a couple of steps today that may have an impact on Wayfinder's population. We have removed the [DE] text from the launcher, since Wayfinder is no longer a German-language-specific server. We have also made Wayfinder the default "recommended world" for new players.
    Only, if new people join a server as lonely and abandoned as wayfinder claims to be on the forums... are they going to be able to find anyone to play with? Will this discourage new players?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  20. #20
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Only, if new people join a server as lonely and abandoned as wayfinder claims to be on the forums... are they going to be able to find anyone to play with? Will this discourage new players?
    I have to agree. While this idea might work out (about as much as the original Wayfinder idea did) but it could very easily backfire and drive away new players who just assume the game is a deserted wasteland. By the time any new players that actually stuck around realize they were "tricked", they've invested too much in their characters to want to start anywhere else. Pushing players toward a dead server just seems like a poorly thought out idea.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 06-25-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload