Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shalexilf View Post
    so I am confused is this a German server or a everybody server. was told for everybody but even looking at website under wayfinder its in a different language.
    It was once set up as a German server, but I think the timing was a bit late, because lots of German players were already on other servers. You will find Wayfinder threads in German and in English, and the World Broadcasts in game are now in English.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    It was once set up as a German server, but I think the timing was a bit late, because lots of German players were already on other servers. You will find Wayfinder threads in German and in English, and the World Broadcasts in game are now in English.

why is the broadcast not in German and English? Think I might be the only non German who feels bad for them.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Post It is confusing

why is the broadcast not in German and English? Think I might be the only non German who feels bad for them.
    Yes, but the server was originally mostly for German players. As in the broadcast was German, the forums were german, the devs spoke only german, account requests were german. But that started a small war. Soon German players were hounding on people who spoke English to speak German since it was a "German server". And English-speaking players could not get any help from the Devs. Not long after that, there were German-only guilds and English-only guilds and it just blew up out of proportion. So Turbine got ride of the DE tag to encourage players from all over to play on Wayfinder. Now its an international server like the rest are. If they wanted to do a broadcast in German as well as English, they'd also have to do it in at least Portuguese, Spanish, and Bulgarian, three languages I've encountered since playing DDO. Turbine IS based out of the US, and English is the second most spoken in the world (behind Mandarin Chinese) so they will default to English.

So bit of a long-winded answer, but hope this clears it up a bit.
    ~ Lying Cheating BLEEP ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sabirah View Post
    Yes, but the server was originally mostly for German players. As in the broadcast was German, the forums were german, the devs spoke only german, account requests were german. But that started a small war. Soon German players were hounding on people who spoke English to speak German since it was a "German server". And English-speaking players could not get any help from the Devs. Not long after that, there were German-only guilds and English-only guilds and it just blew up out of proportion. So Turbine got ride of the DE tag to encourage players from all over to play on Wayfinder. Now its an international server like the rest are. If they wanted to do a broadcast in German as well as English, they'd also have to do it in at least Portuguese, Spanish, and Bulgarian, three languages I've encountered since playing DDO. Turbine IS based out of the US, and English is the second most spoken in the world (behind Mandarin Chinese) so they will default to English.

So bit of a long-winded answer, but hope this clears it up a bit.

everything you said sounds solid to me. still feel sorry for the Germans who thought that this was goign to be their server.
    A drunk is in front of a judge. The judge says, 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says, 'Okay, let's get started.

The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.

Community Member

everything you said sounds solid to me. still feel sorry for the Germans who thought that this was goign to be their server.
    It may have worked out, but most German players had already settled on other servers. I wonder that the devs don't implement Broadcasts in other languages, with the one displayed depending on a flag in options.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Was andererseits aber auch nicht bedeutet, dass der Server am Sterben ist. Ich habe hier vor ein paar Wochen angefangen und mir zumindest kommt es so vor, dass immer mehr Leute on sind. Ich sehe auch immer mehr herumwuseln. Dass das an dem +% XP Bonus liegt, den Wayfinder exklusiv hat. glaube ich nicht. Neulich habe ich auch erfolgreich gepugged, es hat Spaß gemacht und ich werd's wohl wieder mal wagen. Aber puggen ist nicht mein primäres Ding, also selbst wenn das Tool nahezu leer ist, würden bestimmt dreimal soviel Leute oder mehr helfen, wenn sie direkt angesprochen werden oder wenn im Chat danach gefragt werden würde (gibt's hier eigentlich einen global chat?).

Ich kann mich jedenfalls nicht beklagen. Gut, die Raids sind unterrepräsentiert, das stimmt, aber ansonsten macht es Spaß, ich komm auf meine Kosten, ich lerne viel, lerne alles kennen und hab vor hier zu bleiben, bis ein Servermerge mich zwangsumsiedelt.

Das Forum ist das A und O für ein MMO. Hier gibt's Hilfe, Diskussionen und Theorycrafting. Zuerst schau ich in die Foren und wenn da der letzte Post vor zwei Jahren war, dann interessiert mich das Spiel schon viel, viel weniger. Dann muss es mich echt von der Mechanik her ansprechen, sonst geh ich woanders hin, so schnell kann man gar nicht schauen. Kommunikation darüber ist mir sehr wichtig, ohne geht gar nicht. Drum Ja zum Server und Ja zum Forum und @Turbine überdenkt nochmal die Sache mit der deutschen Lokalisierung bitte

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sabirah View Post
    and English is the second most spoken in the world (behind Mandarin Chinese)
    I'm wondering whether the different rune symbols in ddo puzzles have a sense in mandarin? At least the one related to the puzzle-wheels seem as it could really be so^^

Default Lol, I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    I'm wondering whether the different rune symbols in ddo puzzles have a sense in mandarin? At least the one related to the puzzle-wheels seem as it could really be so^^
    I can't say I've seen Mandarin Chinese in DDO so far. But server transfers are back open, so mayhap we will. ^.^ Speaking of, I gotta get my divines off Wayfinder soon here. I need my raid healers back!
    ~ Lying Cheating BLEEP ~

Community Member

Smile 'Grow Wayfinder' Campaign a success or failure?

Hi all. This is the author of the Grow Wayfinder campaign letter that was circulated in May and June. It was posted on the Warrior's Way guild site www.warriorsway.guildportal.com, and also on http://www.scribd.com/doc/144420083/...dragons-online as well.

I contacted every other guild leader I could locate and every one of them said they would participate and spread the campaign. Many in my guild sent in their letters, and lots of other ppl from other guilds said they had also. Weeks passed and nobody had any direct replies about it. Several players started to peel off and jump servers, and finally I did as well - taking many of my guild with me to Thelanis where we are now 'Collective Dominance', and thriving.

It was just too little too late from turbine insofar as helping a struggling game community. We maintain the Warriors on Wayfinder with a few diehards that don't want to invest time or money in starting over, but unless that server receives a serious makeover or infusion of life I will only be visiting for the free roll a few times a week.

While some like the small town sense of community where everybody knows everybody, it's obvious that many are disappointed by the bare pawns and outrageously overpriced Auction, the sparse or nonexistant grouping menu opportunities, and the dead air ghost town feel of it. Seasonal events are also at a disadvantage for new players there as well, with very few PUG opportunities. On the plus side, there is maybe less lag if you want to clique up with the Big Four guilds or run solo.

I'd love to help more as I still have two lv 25 toons stranded with all sorts of goodies accumulated over two years on Wayfinder, but maybe I'm falling into Turbines business plan of marketing character x-fers to those in exodus haha.

But seriously, if they can't fly this kite maybe it's time to reel it in and merge it with the next lowest rung on the ladder, or figure out another better idea for the many dedicated players who hang in there! Best luck!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonShart View Post
    Hi all. This is the author of the Grow Wayfinder campaign letter that was circulated in May and June. It was posted on the Warrior's Way guild site www.warriorsway.guildportal.com, and also on http://www.scribd.com/doc/144420083/...dragons-online as well.

I contacted every other guild leader I could locate and every one of them said they would participate and spread the campaign. Many in my guild sent in their letters, and lots of other ppl from other guilds said they had also. Weeks passed and nobody had any direct replies about it. Several players started to peel off and jump servers, and finally I did as well - taking many of my guild with me to Thelanis where we are now 'Collective Dominance', and thriving.

It was just too little too late from turbine insofar as helping a struggling game community. We maintain the Warriors on Wayfinder with a few diehards that don't want to invest time or money in starting over, but unless that server receives a serious makeover or infusion of life I will only be visiting for the free roll a few times a week.

While some like the small town sense of community where everybody knows everybody, it's obvious that many are disappointed by the bare pawns and outrageously overpriced Auction, the sparse or nonexistant grouping menu opportunities, and the dead air ghost town feel of it. Seasonal events are also at a disadvantage for new players there as well, with very few PUG opportunities. On the plus side, there is maybe less lag if you want to clique up with the Big Four guilds or run solo.

I'd love to help more as I still have two lv 25 toons stranded with all sorts of goodies accumulated over two years on Wayfinder, but maybe I'm falling into Turbines business plan of marketing character x-fers to those in exodus haha.

But seriously, if they can't fly this kite maybe it's time to reel it in and merge it with the next lowest rung on the ladder, or figure out another better idea for the many dedicated players who hang in there! Best luck!
    no thanks.

Community Member

I think they cant merge servers anymore since they introduced True reincarnation.
    I think it would destroy all reincarnation cages from all charakters.
    When we transfered our charakters to Wayfinder we had to empty all reincarnation cages.

And that is the reason they never merged and will never merge Wayfinder with another server.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Community Member

Default How to build Wayfinder - Incentivize!

To really jump start this corpse server, get players invested quickly. Options include:

1. Free Veteran 7 upgrade, through free favor if needs be. Free stone of xp (Lv. 16 version.) for every first character of an account brand new on Wayfinder.

2. Contest giveaways for every 10th character that gets created by an account brand new to Wayfinder. Give cool stuff, lots of xp pots.

3. Boost the 'bonus xp' up to 15-20% for non-epic adventures.

4. Reward all first characters of brand new accounts to Wayfinder a skill or stat tome upon reaching level 20, or some other worthy item that gives new players a sense of attachment and affirmation.

I know a bunch of people are hating on the idea of this outright bribery to attract a player base, but in reality what the server needs are new players who can build up quickly and feel invested in their toons at the same time so they stay and keep on playing. It's like in WW2 when in Europe the Allies had to send in troops with just a few weeks training to fill the ranks and stop the gaps in The Battle of the Bulge!

So maybe you folks have good ideas too, lets keep them coming!

Default Should I stay?

I started a couple of toons here, but I am really Leary as to whether I should stay and play or cut my losses and go to another server? I want to stay here, but I am concerned that if i stay, and they shut down the server, I will lose everything I have done up to now.
    Anyone out there can confirm the possibility of server shut down?

Community Member

They won't just shut the server down.

If they have any plans they will

1. Announce it before they do it
    then either
    merge the server with another one
    or
    give you free server transfers
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Wayfinders pariahs are welcome to transfer to Khyber.

Time to abandon the sinking ship, you knew it was sinking from the day it was launched.

Well against all odds the last months a certain increase of player activity is clearly noticeable. We even start with getting noticeable lag, something I missed on Wayfinder so far, being used to the crushing lag from Orien.

While the numbers do not reflect in DDOracle or any other statistics site, I can see it daily from the LFM and WHO´s panels...

I think it will still take some time for Wayfinder to develop. But better than to be on an overcrowded server like Orien.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Well against all odds the last months a certain increase of player activity is clearly noticeable. We even start with getting noticeable lag, something I missed on Wayfinder so far, being used to the crushing lag from Orien.

While the numbers do not reflect in DDOracle or any other statistics site, I can see it daily from the LFM and WHO´s panels...

I think it will still take some time for Wayfinder to develop. But better than to be on an overcrowded server like Orien.

I agree Nestroy, 6 months after my original post I can certainly see a increase in the numbers. We personally have some new Guild Members (some new and some from other servers) There are more people running around the Snowy Side of Korthos (I have rolled multiple lvl1 toons to offer my assistance) , More people in the Harbor and Marketplace, new guilds popping up and in general more activity. This is healthy growth for Wayfinder, just what we are seeking.

Well done to each of you that took some time out to help a new player or send a message to someone who took notice

Community Member

Bumping an old thread, but from my perspective, this server sucks.

I was in the open beta for DDO and was a "founder," built one of the first clans.

Then I had a second child and my account expired, not long after Tempest Spine was introduced.

I got involved again because a friend from way back (30 years) I used to play D&D with got started. He happened to play Wayfinder, and here I am.

Wayfinder is unbelievably dead. He still likes to play, running around with a companion and a couple hirelings. I have a character that I've built to his lvl, but it's been a bear and I'm constantly pestering him to transfer servers.

I can't imagine how someone would knowingly go from a populated server to this server. The experience on Wayfinder is so much different than the way I think DDO was conceived. It really is a shame.

If anyone wants to come to better server, come to Thelanis, lots of Germans here, and Europeans.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    If anyone wants to come to better server, come to Thelanis, lots of Germans here, and Europeans.
    you find them on every server.

The biggest problem for Wayfinder is the bad rep. I started a toon a while ago and played him now several days on Wayfinder (28 point build, no money, no euqipment, nada). It's hard to find groups and no one joins and no one will volunteer as an opener and it's hard to get your hands on good equipment.
    It's just like the old days! So if people liked that kind of struggle, and remember the proudness of reaching 20, that challenge, than you've found the perfect server.
    Beste
    Titus

TitusOvid | Bruder | Upload

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast