Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Community Member Maxallu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,096

    Default Trying to perfect my Juggy gearset

    So I have been tying to perfect my Juggernaut 16a/2m/2r gear-set for a while now and I think i'm getting close. Here is my current setup with some comments below.

    What I'm wearing:
    Eyes: EH Optics: Luck +2 and Con+7 slotted
    Helm: EH Black Dragon Helm (+3 Con): Globe & PPR 14 slotted
    Neck: Amulet of the Stormreaver (Upgraded once): Blindness Immunity Slotted*
    Trinket: Focus of prowess (+3 str)
    Cloak: EE Ghost-Waking Cloak
    Belt: +45 HP single shard haste clicky**
    Ring1: EE Ring of Shadows: Deathblock slotted
    Ring2: T3 Epic Ring of the Master Artificer: INT +7 and False Life +35 Slotted
    Gloves: EH Nethers***
    Boots: EE Treads
    Bracers: +8 Str bracers of Sup Parrying, B&A W/resistance ritual
    Armor: lawless Black Dragonscale Docent (Upgraded once): Heavy Fort Slotted; B&A W/Defense ritual****
    Quiver: EE Quiver of Poison

    Weapons:
    T4 Pinion
    T4 Cleaver

    *Plan on swapping out blindness immunity for Vitalty +20 and eventually doing the final upgrade for the sovereign elec resistance but it is going to happen after the armor is finished.
    **Ugly piece in the setup. I think i need to get a dual sharded +45 hp belt in there. Most likely a smoke version
    *** This one is obvious, I need the EE versions for the seeker +10
    **** Plan on doing the final upgrade once i get the coms.

    Concerns:

    The Neck: I'm not in love with the Amulet and I am open to change it if there is a better alternative. But i can't think of anything that i need to replace it with.
    Belt:Once again,nothing screams "Replace that with me!" The T3 Spare hand is a maybe. I could keep the blindness immunity on the pendant and slot the vitaliy in the colorless slot, but i don't need another blue slot and I would be down 45hps. I'm also not entrely sure how Ghostly (10%), Smoke (20%) and lesser displacement all interact together. And I can't think if a better epic belt to use, so right now im keeping it it appears.

    So, fellow DDO'ers, I ask you, is there anything that I am overlooking? What is your perfect juggy gear-set?


    Thank you for any Suggestions/ideas,

    Styxx
    (G-Land)


    Character sheet:

    http://p.ddocrafting.info/index.php?...kup%21&p=myddo

    ***** Now ideally, I would prefer to have all EE items, like the Helm and optics, but for this setup, it makes no difference. But I guess it is not 'perfect' until i do get them.
    Pound-For-Pound Forum Champ

  2. #2
    Community Member Dreppo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    297

    Default

    The lesser displacement gives 25% concealment. So any other sources of concealment (dusk, blurry, smoke, etc.) are useless. Do something other than a Smoke belt.

    Other than that, I don't have any specific advice to offer. I don't play a Jugg so I don't know the ins and outs of what you need. But your gear is great (much better overall than mine). Keep in mind that even if you achieve what you consider to be the perfect gearset, once new gear is introduced (especially with the level increase to 28) it won't be. So seek out better gear, but don't obsess over it.

    What did you choose for the red augment slots of your Pinion and Cleaver?

  3. #3
    Community Member Maxallu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post

    What did you choose for the red augment slots of your Pinion and Cleaver?
    Sovereign (1d10) damage red augments, Acid and electricity.
    Pound-For-Pound Forum Champ

  4. #4
    Community Member DrNuegebauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    How about slipping in the following:

    EYE: EE Dream Visor
    BELT: T3 Spare Hand (if you have stunning blow)

    then

    CLOAK: GS +45 HP (could go smoke screen?)

    I wouldn't bother with the Ring of Shadows, make a displacement clicky or 2, and carry a stack of scrolls, you ought to get much better value for money that way (+50% as opposed to +25%, which is really +5% over and above the smoke screen GS item)

  5. #5
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Looks pretty good, very similar to what I'm wearing on mine.

    EE +8 INT optics with fear and blindness immunity*
    EE +8 STR black helm with fort and globe slotted
    +45 HP shroud item. ConcOpp, I think?
    Focus of prowess +3 STR
    EH Jeweled Cloak with +2 CHA (came like that) and +7 resist
    T3 Spare Hand slotted with +35 HP and +7 CON
    +2 WIS Avithoul Ring***
    T3 Ring of Master Artifice with +2 good luck and something else slotted
    EE Nether Grasps
    EE Treads of Falling Shadows
    Bracers of the Sun Soul****
    Base Black Dragon Docent with 14 PRR slotted.

    *Fear and blindness immunity are really godsends while in EE content with those blinding bastards like in Cabal.

    **Been strongly considering the EE Waking Cloak. The +2 cha came with the cloak. I do like the spell absorption, but it's not really essential. I think I'd like having 15DR/evil better

    ***[EDIT]:Was a note about the avi ring, but i forgot that the RoS doesn't have sneak damage. Nevermind!

    ****As silly as these bracers seem, they do offer me +7 wisdom (yay will saves!), +2 con (yay HP and fort save) and superior parrying (yay more saves!) And they were by far the easiest item to get out of my whole setup. I also have a set of EE Twisting Shade bracers if I need the extra bump to my disable/search and if I'm not worried about my saves and want to get that +5 exceptional seeker.

    The T3 spare hand gives me a lot of stuff I like including +3 UMD, doublestrike and +5 to my combat feats. In addition to the 2 slots.

    I also have 2 T2 displacement clickies and a stack of scrolls.

    I'm using a T1 pinion and an eSOS. Pinion isn't slotted since I didn't want to waste comms on it and the eSOS is slotted with 114 reconstruct and the voice/mantle combo. I went with the recon since 1d10 damage seemed less important that healing myself for 100 more points with a reconstruct (due to the +30 implement bonus in addition to the 24 over the epic ring of artifice). I've been hunting a cleaver to take advantage of headsman's chop in LD but no such luck.

    I also have

    Seems like it;s a pretty good gearset, and it covers all your bases nicely. The only thing I'm really missing is deathblock augment.

    As a side note, the ghostly from your boots is a different bonus (incorporeal) than the concealment from your ring of shadows (whatever the heck its called, can't recall at the moment)
    Last edited by rest; 06-21-2013 at 05:33 PM.

  6. #6
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxallu View Post
    So I have been tying to perfect my Juggernaut 16a/2m/2r gear-set for a while now and I think i'm getting close. Here is my current setup with some comments below.

    What I'm wearing:
    Eyes: EH Optics: Luck +2 and Con+7 slotted
    Helm: EH Black Dragon Helm (+3 Con): Globe & PPR 14 slotted
    Neck: Amulet of the Stormreaver (Upgraded once): Blindness Immunity Slotted*
    Trinket: Focus of prowess (+3 str)
    Cloak: EE Ghost-Waking Cloak
    Belt: +45 HP single shard haste clicky**
    Ring1: EE Ring of Shadows: Deathblock slotted
    Ring2: T3 Epic Ring of the Master Artificer: INT +7 and False Life +35 Slotted
    Gloves: EH Nethers***
    Boots: EE Treads
    Bracers: +8 Str bracers of Sup Parrying, B&A W/resistance ritual
    Armor: lawless Black Dragonscale Docent (Upgraded once): Heavy Fort Slotted; B&A W/Defense ritual****
    Quiver: EE Quiver of Poison

    Weapons:
    T4 Pinion
    T4 Cleaver

    *Plan on swapping out blindness immunity for Vitalty +20 and eventually doing the final upgrade for the sovereign elec resistance but it is going to happen after the armor is finished.
    **Ugly piece in the setup. I think i need to get a dual sharded +45 hp belt in there. Most likely a smoke version
    *** This one is obvious, I need the EE versions for the seeker +10
    **** Plan on doing the final upgrade once i get the coms.

    Concerns:

    The Neck: I'm not in love with the Amulet and I am open to change it if there is a better alternative. But i can't think of anything that i need to replace it with.
    Belt:Once again,nothing screams "Replace that with me!" The T3 Spare hand is a maybe. I could keep the blindness immunity on the pendant and slot the vitaliy in the colorless slot, but i don't need another blue slot and I would be down 45hps. I'm also not entrely sure how Ghostly (10%), Smoke (20%) and lesser displacement all interact together. And I can't think if a better epic belt to use, so right now im keeping it it appears.

    So, fellow DDO'ers, I ask you, is there anything that I am overlooking? What is your perfect juggy gear-set?


    Thank you for any Suggestions/ideas,

    Styxx
    (G-Land)


    Character sheet:

    http://p.ddocrafting.info/index.php?...kup%21&p=myddo

    ***** Now ideally, I would prefer to have all EE items, like the Helm and optics, but for this setup, it makes no difference. But I guess it is not 'perfect' until i do get them.
    Swap out the damage augment on your cleaver for Recon 114. It will grant you more recon spellpower than the ring, and then you can swap the ring out for something like either a dun robar stun ring, an avithoul ring, etc etc. Basically anything useful, such as the Ring of the Djinni, which would take the place of anything the amulet does that's not damage. Pinion can remain the same with the dps augment because it's not like you're going with a pure archer.
    Replace the Amulet with the EE Jorgundal's collar, which allows you to wear boots other than the treads (such as the Epic boots of warding for free FOM) and not lose striding.
    Obviously the alacrity bonus is not the same as the haste spell, so we can swap out the belt for a min2 hp belt. This allows for a crappy stoneskin clicky, and gives you back the blue slot on your armor for whatever you might happen to want in a blue slot.
    The Optics are good, as spot is nice. The EE Dream Visors are an obvious upgrade to these, because of the damage bonuses. It also has I want to say the same slots, so it's just a swap out thing for more dps.

    One big thing I've also seen mentioned by a few juggs on Argo, and have seen them use it, is craft yourself a triple positive heal stick. 10/20/30 Heal amp, with a heal scroll and all the bonuses Arti's get, most of the reports I've heard are over 400hp back per scroll. Because yes, sometimes it is in fact better to use a heal scroll than reconstruct.

  7. #7
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Replace the Amulet with the EE Jorgundal's collar, which allows you to wear boots other than the treads (such as the Epic boots of warding for free FOM) and not lose striding.
    That seems like a clear downgrade to me. Loosing all the dex, ghostly from the boots, and damage from the amulet for a nerfed fom ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Obviously the alacrity bonus is not the same as the haste spell, so we can swap out the belt for a min2 hp belt. This allows for a crappy stoneskin clicky, and gives you back the blue slot on your armor for whatever you might happen to want in a blue slot.
    Arties get the armor of speed spell, so haste seems quite irrelevant anyway.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  8. #8
    Community Member Nightmanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    That seems like a clear downgrade to me. Loosing all the dex, ghostly from the boots, and damage from the amulet for a nerfed fom ?



    Arties get the armor of speed spell, so haste seems quite irrelevant anyway.
    Oh they do yeah. Forgot about that. Still though, I don't care much for the amulet.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    310

    Default my 16/2/2 ranged jug gearset

    Goggles: Dream visor. Extra damage can't argue with it. I Slot in Wisdom +7 so I can swap out to GS Conq Op if I want to "torq up". Don't remember what else slotted on it probably a +2 stat.

    Wrist: I like the Greater Convalescent of Sup Parry. Mostly because I can then use cocoon on EE's. I swap out to Bracers of Twisting Shade for traps.

    Boots: I like Halcyon because it gives me a nice Potency (again for cocoon), DEX +8 taken care of, and two slots.

    Belt: I like the Giant's Brawn because it takes care of strength +8 and gives me a green slot (EH version or better, EH and EE actually the same slots so either will do)

    Ring: Master artifice I have equip permanently, with globe slotted, and good luck +2 slotted.

    Other Ring: ee Ring of shadows. Deathblock and fear immunity slotted. I use displacement scrolls constantly but like the "back up" of having 25% blur when my displacement wears out.

    Neck: Stormreaver Amulet. Again it is extra damage in melee, so I go with that. Torq if I want to "torq up". Also have a GS smoke HP for displacement clickie (although I use scrolls constantly don't bother with the clickie)

    Helm: ee Black dragon with Dex +3, PRR +14 and some other +2 stat slotted

    Trinket: situational subterfuge/prowess (subterfuge for true seeing, prowess for PRR), Idol for traps (+3 good luck)

    Cloak: ee Jeweled. I like the extra 25 spell absorb. +7 resist, and +7 cha (for UMD) slotted. Pretty much never use anything else in cloak but for clickies.

    Gloves: ee Nether Grasps.

    Weapons:

    1. 2 Morhns tier I (I recently swapped out Precision feat for iTWF feat and I like these things when blitzing they do some nice damage with a full on blitz) currently working on getting both to tier III to check out damage,

    2. Dream Piercer for fun now and again, also have a life stealing Comyrian Falchon min lvl 24 with magma surge I use for the same kind of fun.

    3. Needle Tier III because I have 5 fucillade and its a nice way to build a fury and also does a lot of damage with a full on blitz,

    4. Slavers hand xbow because I like the CC sometimes when short manning or soloing even though the damage is not great, with IPP you can hold a whole set of mobs down even on EE and win by attrition.

    5. Bow of the Silver Flame and Silver Slinger, mostly for FOTs on the TO for the weaken undead, makes the party do a lot more DPS overall if at least one person in the party is using these.

    6. Cleaver Tier III, Sireth Tier III, Breach Tier I (working on getting to Tier III as well)

    I have not bothered with the slots for CITW weapons because for 12 comms, i would rather upgrade other stuff to play with. The slots to me are pretty damn expensive 12 comms......sheesh.

    The thing I like most about playing a jugg, is you can pretty much play however you want. In the past I've focused on staves, then on slashing weapons, then now I'm playing with the TWF hammers. It's fun to be able to just swap a few feats and have something new rather than have to TR or LR.






    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Oh they do yeah. Forgot about that. Still though, I don't care much for the amulet.
    Last edited by RTFM; 06-22-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

    Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload