Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Major question (pun intended)

Have the pre-reqs for the kensei tree been adjusted to stay confluent with players interests? Or are they still designed to utterly suck?

Thank you for the heightened communication!
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    [...]
    • Amaunator can now be chosen as a deity for Forgotten Realm characters.
    Major, Hi. Good to see that you are back again. Care to illustrate what the faith lines do for Amaunator or is that up to us to find out?
    • As previously seen on Lamannia, Clerics and Paladins now choose a deity to worship at level 1 as a feat, similar to Favored Souls. Old religious enhancements for Clerics, Paladins and Favored Souls such as Unyielding Sovereignty are now freely granted at level 6 as feats.
    Cool. I read this as those AP points originally spent for Unyielding Sovereignty can be used somewhere else?

• Enhancement Pass:
    • Spell Critical: All Spell Critical Chance enhancement are giving incorrect numbers
    This isn't the band aid that's going live next week; this is the actual fix that's going with Expansion, correct?

Busy times here. Please try this stuff out on Lama land when it goes live. We do have a time to fix and adjust even more so the feedback is very helpful. Help us make the game you want to play.
    Certainly.

My youngest son is enjoying this . Never too early for Dungeons and Dragons. Getting ready for the 40th anniversary by helping create the next generation of players.
    Any chance that DDO will have the random element and mechanics ideas coming from this boardgame?

Have a great weekend! Maj.
    U 2

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Pure classes still have capstones. Not all of the capstones are great and many could definitely use a boost, but from a basic design standpoint I think capstones should still give plenty of incentive to go 20 in a single class.
    Last look I had at the alpha, that wasn't really true at all.

You couldn't even GET a capstone, as a pure single-classed character, unless you also went crazy hyper-specialized in a single tree. Yes, class capstones had a much higher points-in-tree requirement than even that specific tree's Tier 5 abilities.

Nerfing capstones like that was yet another horrible thing in the alpha. Maybe they fixed it to make being single-classed level 20 the only requirement, and what you say will be true. One can hope.

2014 DDO Players Council

tier 5 costs less total points to access.

Are the requirements identical across all trees? Last look I had, they were not.

And what about capstones? Are they still saddled with extremely high access requirements, far above and beyond being 20 levels of a single class?

Clerics have had design work done.
    The devil's in the details. Still in wait-and-see mode here. I hope whoever is doing this design work is more familiar with traditional D&D than trinity MMOs.

Community Member

Thank you for the update. That's a huge amount of progress in such a short time.

Very much appreciate the update on what's going on. I will take some time to check it out when Lamannia is up.

Glad to hear bards got some love.

Best wishes for the Little League championship! Tell your son to go get em.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

After the cold shower that's been the first enhancement pass alpha (that also decimated my guild...), this raised my interest back up significantly.

Also hope they did a cross-tree balancing (specifically the differences in spell crits, spell pen, and some att/dam bonuses had very different values to their AP cost and allowed levels) and fixed some of the crazy prereqs (specifically Scroll Mastery and the metamagic prereq trees).
    I ran a Ravenloft Fan Video Trailer Contest. Thanks for all the entries. Checkout the winners:
    Details Here

• tier 5 costs less total points to access. the tradeoff is you can only take tier 5's from one tree, but you can take as many as you want in that tree. Choose wisely.
    There goes my Artificer having both Arcane Empowerment and Tactical Mobility. =( I was really looking forward to that, but I understand tradeoffs must be made for the sake of balance.

Other than that, good stuff Maj and thanks for the update! I'll be there to test it out. And, to echo what some others have said: PLEASE fix Character Copy for this!

Morgulion • Romenion • Valmyrion • Vanielle • Zandrine • Zeldaryne • Zinnuviel

My youngest son is enjoying this.
    That looks pretty cool. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a 1 player board game. I'll be checking that out for me 'n the kids for sure.

Perhaps no longer in the top 10 these days, but here's my fav fantasy board game.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Very much appreciate the update on what's going on. I will take some time to check it out when Lamannia is up.

Glad to hear bards got some love.

Best wishes for the Little League championship! Tell your son to go get em.
    Ditto, well said...

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Six trees seem much more palatable for multiclass builds and is nicely balanced by the need to choose only one set of Tier 5 abilities although for I would like to see total AP spent in tree replaced with total AP spent.

You mentioned something about the ten thousand stars being removed does that mean Monkchers are out of luck or is it a temporary thing.

Can't wait to try out the updated system next week...crossing fingers it will be sooner rather
    than later
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 06-22-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Good to hear from the Major ^^!

Let´s see what new wonders the enchancement pass on Lam will bring!

P.S: Thank you whoever listened for doing away with guild renown.

Community Member SteeleTrueheart's Avatar

Happy end of the week! Next week-ish (depending on build stability exc) we will be rolling out the second look at the Enhancements revamp. There has been a ton of work done--something north of 600 issues addressed.
    Some of the general changes:
    • tier 5 costs less total points to access. the tradeoff is you can only take tier 5's from one tree, but you can take as many as you want in that tree. Choose wisely.
    • You can now take up to 6 class trees
    • Clerics have had design work done.
    • Bard Warchanter has a bunch of design work done
    Looks promising. lets see if it works in practice.

The "Old" Bard Rallying Cry is now the new Bard Rallying Cry! It works just like the PDK one.
    EDIT:
    PDK info
    - Cormyrian Knight Training: You now use Charisma or Strength (whichever is higher) for Hit and Damage with shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords.
    - Rallying Cry: Action Boost: You and all allies within your aura gain +20% movement speed, a +(1/2/3) Morale bonus to Saving Throws. This ability can be used while feared, and dispels fear effects.
    - “For Cormyr!”: Once per rest, heal completely. If you are below 25% of your maximum hit points when this ability is used, you and all nearby allies gain your CHA modifier to hit and damage.

You could just tell us more about PDKs ... in fact yeah tell us about PDKs PLEASE!? Pretty Please?
    Last edited by SteeleTrueheart; 06-22-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: found more info
    Khyber - Officer in The Stormreach Thieves Guild
    Steeles (TR 1 Paladin 20 / 8 Epic - TWF) - Steeley (Monkadin - Pal 18/Monk 2/ 8 Epic - Unarmed) - Steeltruhart (TR1 Paladin 17 - S&B Bastardsword) - Steelforged (Pal 20 / 8 Epic - SWF) - Steeltruhurt (TR1 - Pal 8 / Ftr 2 - THF) Steelsouls (Clr 17 / Pal 3 /8 Epic)

most of these would be pointless if racial enhancement isn't there...i hope you guys do consider finishing that along with the upcoming expansion.

Community Member

[*]As previously seen on Lamannia, Clerics and Paladins now choose a deity to worship at level 1 as a feat, similar to Favored Souls. Old religious enhancements for Clerics, Paladins and Favored Souls such as Unyielding Sovereignty are now freely granted at level 6 as feats.
    Last time when I logged my cleric on and she had no enhancements, I was not able to choose my deity while choosing enhancements. Do I actually have to reincarnate in some way to be able to start everything at Level 1 in order to choose the deity? She used to get proficiency with longswords because of the deity thing but did not get that anymore because there way no way to choose the deity.

AJ

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Thanks for the update.

Does this mean that the design concept of having a racial prestige tree for every race, basically allowing the option of a class tree to be swapped for a racial tree based on the race (like elves and helves get with Arcane Archer) has been completely dropped?

Did you think that there was no demand for this feature?

The racial prestige option would make an excellent addition to the diversity and versatility of builds. And I can't see how it would be any additional effort as the work has already been done on the trees. Just scrap the 4AP enhancement cost to unlock it, make it freely available and you have a real winner on your hands.

Will the Tree AP cost be recalculated based on the Total AP spent, or the Total AP spent per Class, so for example, any points spent in Kensai or Stalwart Defender count towards the AP cost requirement for either tree?

Looking forward to seeing a number of the nonsensical pre-requisites removed to open the trees up in the same way you offer much greater freedom within the Epic Destiny Enhancements. I'll be doing a face-palm if I still have to take Wand Heightening before I can take Wand and Scroll Mastery.

No reworking of Sorcerers' trees? The fact that they are the copy-paste of each other will stay like that?

No news of any added PrE? Alcolyte of the Skin? Or will sorcerers be the only one with ONE PrE? (And no, they are not 4, it's just one pre for 4 elements).

No fix to MCL/CL bonuses? And the capstone, along with most of the trees, will still be useless even after all the negative feedback? Is the "same cooldown on every SLAs of every tree" fixed?

I know you couldn't have included all of this in your OP Maj but at least give us something. We are already bugged like hell on live, no word on fixes to their enhancement is just..bad. IMHO, Sorcerers are having the worst time (togheter with CLR, but there are some redesign for them based on your words) and I'd like some words on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

six trees? If these six are three general class trees and three prestige trees are very cool. If not it's (yet) a fail. General class enhancements in prestige trees is the major fail of alpha version and a problem for all builds, pure or multiclass.

Are there general class trees?
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Does this mean that the design concept of having a racial prestige tree for every race, basically allowing the option of a class tree to be swapped for a racial tree based on the race (like elves and helves get with Arcane Archer) has been completely dropped?

Did you think that there was no demand for this feature?

The racial prestige option would make an excellent addition to the diversity and versatility of builds. And I can't see how it would be any additional effort as the work has already been done on the trees. Just scrap the 4AP enhancement cost to unlock it, make it freely available and you have a real winner on your hands.
    Did I miss where he said race PrE's are no longer on the table? As I understand it from Varg they are simply not in yet, and one might presume they want to see how the AA elf one works within the new tree structure before they put them in.

I to really hope they're not dropping them as they are a major way to give a pure class more than just one class tree/PrE selection. Not to mentions Elves already have one so to call them finished there is a little dodgey.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast