Introduction: I'm an on-again / off-again player since 2005. I typically play for a few months, quit for 4-6 months, rince and repeat. I usually start a new character every time I return for multiple reasons. (I do have a 14 Artificer and a 8Wiz/2Rogue Character still.)
My brick wall: I usually get to the 10-14 range and start having serious issues soloing. The quests either take me too long to solo, or I end up dying to many times. I have grouped up, and enjoy it when I do. My playtime schedules however make it difficult to hang with any "leveling" group, or get a consistent group of folks who play as off/on as myself.
I'd like a build where I might not have such a difficult time in the 12-18 range, can solo, and will be welcome in groups. Here are some things that are requirements for my play style, and some info that may help designing the build with/for me.
1) I must be able to Search and locate traps and doors.
2) I must be able to open all locks and doors, and disable all traps on Normal/Hard. (Elite traps could be icing on the cake, but not my requirement.)
3) I do not enjoy playing a healer. I'm just not good at it. I'm more of a ranged DPS / utility player. Wizzy / Rogue / Ranger suits my play style. I'm not saying ranged toon is a requirement, I just enjoy it a lot more.
4) I'm not the fastest player when the action starts. While very quick with keyboard / mouse I like to get an idea of how things are shaping up, and then set a plan into action.
5) I like to "complete" the dungeons. I try to get most/all breakables, all hidden rooms, most/all traps, all chests. All bosses if possible.
6) I really, really, want to get a character to max this time. There is so much content I have never seen.
7) I like the challenges, and it should be assumed I will attempt some solo. (I don't need to get all 6 stars solo.)
Thanks for any advice. I have everything in game. All classes unlocked, etc.. I do NOT have a TR. I do have 32 point builds and can start at Vet2 / 7 if needed.
Thanks again, this is appreciated.