Default Stone of XP not working properly.

I was able to get 5 stones of experience through trading during the otto's box week.

I have TR'ed 2 sorc lives already using the stone (2 stones total). Currently, I am on my 3rd sorc life.

I have just hit lvl 8 and have tried using a stone. I get the message: (Standard): An error has occurred

I tried my 3 other xp stones and have received the same message.

I tried using the stone in inventory to no avail.

I tried using the stone through hotbar to no avail.

I made sure to click my character and have my character selected in the target box before I use the stone.

I have tried using the stone in different places such as the market and that did not work either.

The stone seems to be bugged.

all 3 remaining stones have texts identical to the text of stones from otto's boxes (so, they are not the old stones given out for free).

I am not sure what occurred as I was able to use the stone successfully 2 times already.

GM Bletchly told me to submit a bug report and I did that. I was wondering if I can get some help here as well.

I have attached an image of my stones and my inv.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 06-21-2013 at 02:12 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Maybe this is your issue: The stones from the boxes have to be used by the character who opens the box (http://ddowiki.com/page/Stone_of_Experience).
    It's definitely an N-word.

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Maybe this is your issue: The stones from the boxes have to be used by the character who opens the box (http://ddowiki.com/page/Stone_of_Experience).
    Like Dan said.

you will need to find the people you got the stones from and have them use them on your character.

theirs an outside chance you could get the DM's to replace the stones with new ones if you log a ticket on the support page, but that may be wishful thinking :http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp

DEVS: these should be BTC on acquire to prevent this from happening to people who trade in good faith and aren't aware of the limitation.

Ah... I see now.....

That's pretty messed up....

I was always under the impression the stones were "tradeable" because it said it was supposed to be so.....

"This item is tradeable and mailable. Double click to use."

Originally, the stones were tradeable or meant to be

Well, I remember 2 people I bought it from... not the 3rd.

And the symptoms match the problem.

I opened 2 otto's boxes myself. So, I was able to use 2 stones. I guess opening the otto's box flags the character to use the stone.

I gave 1 box to my friend to open for the cyan jelly. She mailed me back the stone.

2 stones I directly traded with other people via mail.

I traded an arm and a leg for these stones.

Should... probably fix this problem and make the stones BTC if the intention was not to allow it to be tradeable..... Also, need to remove the "Tradeable and mailable" statement from the stone's text.

Especially something so valuable....

No wonder Bletchly said he could not change how the stones were used. I was pretty confused by that statement. Makes sense now.... I was the fool who didn't truly know the limitations of the stone. In trade anyways.....

Thanks for both your replies by the way. Much appreciated. At least I know how to partially remedy the situation.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 06-21-2013 at 12:49 PM.

An update on what happened.

I was able to get one of the persons who opened an otto's box to use the stone on me.

The first stone we tried didn't work and had the same message "an error has occurred".

I then gave them all 3 stones to try and the 3rd and final stone she was able to use on me.

So... I guess when the stone is across trade, you have too use the right stone that was in the right box.

Now I need to find the other two and see if they're willing to do this for me sometime.

I'm pretty sure one of the persons does not play anymore.....

Was wondering if anyone in turbine could help me out with this so I don't have useless xp stones in my inventory?

Any kind of official help would be appreciated...