Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Default You guys really aren't going to fix the hot garbage are you? POS is WAI?

I am sick of having a finished post go poof when the forum thinks I need to relog after 5 minutes and for some reason the back button brings me back to a blank reply (happens every time on my phone). I see "autosave" every minute what I don't see is a function that allows me to restore from that autosave when this fly covered festering pile works as intended and demands I relog. (re-log how fitting is that)

You have people using Java bookmarklets to get around the absolutely ape brained lack of remember me... compounded by the truly astounding intentional 5 minute log out. No news, no answers, no posts about "we're working on this" and who would believe you actually have qualified professionals working on this mess anyway? It's not gotten better since day 1 except for a very brief period where auto logouts where 10 minutes apart instead of 5...

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity... Well stupidity would have fixed this ess a few weeks after it was excreted, interns could do a better job than this in a shorter time frame.

Can we get an admission that you guys want the forum to work like some sort of punitive Dante-esque nightmare parody of a real forum?

In the old forums you could fix this with:

.) Go to MyDDO tab
    .) Select "Remenber Me"
    .) Login once => stayed logged in until some developer drank too much / too little whiskey, ran head first against some very thick and walls until his IQ was no more measureable and decided to delete our perfectly working forums with some utter ****, that probably some infant shimpansees in some illegal monkey experimentation lab "coded"

Sorry for the harsh words, but I still fail to see, why time and money was spent to replace a perfectly working system with a new system that performs 99% less (tons of disadvantages, have yet to discover an advantage)

=> FIX ASAP!!!! (*presses submit and hopes to have not been logged out already -.-*)
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Indeed, this new forum fails all three cardinal rules of design - Form, Fit, Function.

It's not remotely conducive to the way people like to read a forum, i.e. Open the New Posts search in one tab, followed by any interesting threads from that search result in their own tabs, and open the Dev Tracker and any interesting posts from there in separate tabs, and open any other sub forums (like class subs, server subs, etc.) and any interesting threads from there in their own tabs. Then read each tab one at a time, closing or replying as they wish. If we do this once or twice a day, it could take an hour or so to get through all one's desired reading. Even if done many times a day, it's pretty much a given that we won't get done in under 5 minutes. And even if done piecemeal, one subforum at a time, that still doesn't solve the need to relog every 5 mins. Add to that the intermittent 'mark all forums read on logout' problem and Function is completely broken. Function - Fail.

It did not improve on the old site's Form either. Narrow content area (such an easy fix - literally one change to the .css, 5 seconds to correct). Terrible navigation layout, lack of a front page usercp, lack of lamma dev tracker, duplicate header errors, incomprehensible skin/color scheme (dark grey on light grey... why???), mouseover color conflicts, inability to edit posts, chopped text in certain /divs, etc.... Complete Form Fail.

Fit... well, what's to be said? How can the current design possibly fit DDOs goal for player/customer information website? Unless the desired goal was to drive people AWAY from this site, Fit Fail.

And the time it has taken to address the issues is just another slap in the face.

Worst. Website. Ever.

Ok so I hit google looking for some kind of hello kitty forums type joke to post. Imagine my dismay when I find there really is a hello kitty online, they have a forum, and it probably works better than this..........

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    I am sick of having a finished post go poof when the forum thinks I need to relog after 5 minutes and for some reason the back button brings me back to a blank reply (happens every time on my phone). I see "autosave" every minute what I don't see is a function that allows me to restore from that autosave when this fly covered festering pile works as intended and demands I relog. (re-log how fitting is that)

You have people using Java bookmarklets to get around the absolutely ape brained lack of remember me... compounded by the truly astounding intentional 5 minute log out. No news, no answers, no posts about "we're working on this" and who would believe you actually have qualified professionals working on this mess anyway? It's not gotten better since day 1 except for a very brief period where auto logouts where 10 minutes apart instead of 5...

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity... Well stupidity would have fixed this ess a few weeks after it was excreted, interns could do a better job than this in a shorter time frame.

Can we get an admission that you guys want the forum to work like some sort of punitive Dante-esque nightmare parody of a real forum?
    Do you actually believe that the forums aren't WAI?

It is a horrible design, why did they change it? to avoid taxes? madness..

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Default Lol

almost epic.

The idea is to make sure the forum does not work is my basic premise anymore.

When things go bad you want to drive away the malcontents. Only leaving the lemmings.

Hitler did it with the Night of the Long Knives. Stalin did it with his "purges."
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Quote Originally Posted by FrostBeard View Post
    It is a horrible design, why did they change it? to avoid taxes? madness..
    They changed it so it could work with the Warner Bros system.
    I'm pretty sure no one at Turbine wanted it, but there are people above them.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Aha!

Warner Brothers is to blame.
    Do you think it's bugs or daffy we should be insulting to?

<-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    I can believe that WB wanted them to use the system they use. What I can't believe is that WB's forums work this terribly and look this horrible. Turbine should have sat down with WB's forum "guru" and found out all the ins and outs BEFORE transferring to the system. And MAYBE they should have had a test first so they could see all the problems (like imported usernames not working, unreadable links, and old posts not being found) and fix them BEFORE transferring them.

Community Member

I had a reply typed up, pressed submit, and got a 502 Bad Gateway error. Then, the DDO website went into a multi minute snit of total unresponsiveness, while I had no problems accessing a couple of other websites.

Talking about the total failure of the new DDO forums is a target rich environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post

I think you need to spend more money in the P2Win store before you should expect them to make anything functional.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    That only answers the "fit" portion of the equation, and not very well at that. In order for the website to "work" in conjunction with WB's system, there only need to be certain 'behind-the-scenes' code going on.

That doesn't address the myriad other problems with the site.

This thread is a toxic cesspool of insults and personal attacks, and is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!