Default Orchard explorers

I was doing Orchard explorers and ran up to the Temple of Vol. I didn't hear or see any indication that it registered, so I clicked on the entrance and the entry screen came up. Still nothing. I checked my explorer log and it wasn't registered as "Done".

I kept going and the Tree Bridge did the same thing. I asked if anyone else was having the same problem and one other guy said he got the same thing at the Temple.

When we were done with everything else I recalled, dropped, and went back in to try them both again. Neither would register, so I was stuck at 21/23 explorers.

I submitted a ticket and was almost immediately sent a reply that it was not an issue they could help with and I should bug report it. My ticket was closed.

1. Has anyone else has this problem?

2. It would seem to me that if GM's can complete quests objectives and even entire quests, they could check off two explorers. I can't see that anyone would cheat by getting 21 and then lie about not getting the last two.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    I was doing Orchard explorers and ran up to the Temple of Vol. I didn't hear or see any indication that it registered, so I clicked on the entrance and the entry screen came up. Still nothing. I checked my explorer log and it wasn't registered as "Done".
    The Temple of Vol explorer point isn't up at the quest entrance, it's at bottom of the "legs" up to it. Run up the left leg on your way up and you'll trigger it just as you come out of the waters, at the foot of the stairs.

The tree one sounds like you might have run through the wrong tree. Follow the path from the shrines near the sacrificial stone towards Inferno and you'll definitely be in the right one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    The Temple of Vol explorer point isn't up at the quest entrance, it's at bottom of the "legs" up to it. Run up the left leg on your way up and you'll trigger it just as you come out of the waters, at the foot of the stairs.

The tree one sounds like you might have run through the wrong tree. Follow the path from the shrines near the sacrificial stone towards Inferno and you'll definitely be in the right one.

Agreed. I have run through the wrong tree more than once.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Just ran the complete circuit less than 18 hours ago, no issues.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    The Temple of Vol explorer point isn't up at the quest entrance, it's at bottom of the "legs" up to it. Run up the left leg on your way up and you'll trigger it just as you come out of the waters, at the foot of the stairs..
    ^^ this ^^

It got moved a while ago, I'm not sure why. It used to be near the entrance but it got moved down. If you run up the left leg you will get it every time, but if (like me) you come at it from the previous (for me) explorer up the hill (that doesn't have a rare so I only visit to get the explorer) you might have trouble triggering it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

yeah you probably went up the first tree bridge not the 2nd one. as for the vol you want to make sure you hit it from the bottom coming from the crypt side. any other approach and you would normally miss it.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Were you using the Black Panther hireling

No idea if the owlbear hireling does it. As I have not used the owlbear hireling enough and I know I have not run the orchard in a LONG time.

At one time, if you had out the black cat it nixed explorer points being set.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt