Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    They went away before that. They went away when guild size stopped being part of the decay equation.
    Hmm. Okay. I'll conceed that point.
    But I still can't see how fighting a decay algorithm is anything resembling "fun".
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Summer vacation is long, long over. Please put school back in session and return guild renown decay.

If you're not going to do so, please plainly state so and why, instead of just ignoring the issue.

Would much rather hear you state plainly why you want it back? you are the first i have heard complain it is gone why?

Only thing i can think of is as cdbd3rd suggested, you don't like sharing the top of the hill?
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    Would much rather hear you state plainly why you want it back? you are the first i have heard complain it is gone why?

Only thing i can think of is as cdbd3rd suggested, you don't like sharing the top of the hill?
    People are jealous that more guilds are getting to lvl 100.

Community Member

Turning it off was a mistake that never should have happened.

What, only the most important issue is allowed to be discussed? Please, do tell: what is the issue for which there are definitely no more important issues?
    You misunderstand me, so allow me to be more precise. Returning renown decay is a NON-issue, thus ALL issues are more important.

I give you 2/10 for weak troll attempt.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Turning it off was a mistake that never should have happened.
    You keep asking for a reason for it being turned off, yet you still give absolutely NO reason for your wanting it to be turned back on.

You are about the only person on the planet (probably) that wants it turned back on.

And yes, there were guilds dumping all sorts of contributing members off of the roles for not contributing enough. You act as if it never happened.

Guild decay was bad.

My guild was in the low 70s when the guild decay was turned off, now we are 81. And that's with 3 members.

We never thought we would see 50 let alone 80. Now we have a legitimate chance to hit 100. Whether we ever do or not, I really don't care. But it does give us something to shoot for in the future.

With decay, we never had a chance to EVER see 100.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

I am fine with the current guild favor situation. If decay came back I had to decide between valor and favor. Screw my Guild (I really like) or buy hearts from the store? No, thanks! What I would like to see are MORE incentives to get people play more together as a guild. And make sure there will be no reason to boot anyone because of guild achievements. Even a rookie's hands on deck should always be a gain for everyone.
    Clever & Smart Agent - Pure Drow Mechanic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Guild decay was a punitive punishment that served to do nothing more than frustrate people needlessly.

I am thrilled to see it stay gone, it did nothing good for the game, IMO.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

The DDO guild system doesn't know what it is trying to do. Is it supposed to be a casual system where everyone can get to the max level with a little effort or should the guilds be competing for levels and making an effort to stay on top?

If it's supposed to be casual, keep the renown decay off and lower the renown requirements for levels. With the system we have today, even with the decay turned off a small casual guild will take years to reach level 93.

If it's a competition, make it timed. Give special rewards to the guilds that got the most renown this week or this month.

If Turbine is willing to spend dev time on the guild system, we could have both. Let the casual players get the 30 resist shrines that they need and the more competitive ones fight for positions on a leaderboard or something.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post

If Turbine is willing to spend dev time on the guild system, we could have both. Let the casual players get the 30 resist shrines that they need and the more competitive ones fight for positions on a leaderboard or something.
    One of the plans announced for this year was more airship designs and so forth, so very likely the guild system will be getting revamped in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if they leave it alone until then, though.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

2015 DDO Players Council

Hi.
    I run a small guild (<10) of RealLife friends and family.
    When decay was on there was NO CHANCE we would EVER level our guild to 60.
    Since it's been turned off people have been playing more and everyone is choosing guild renown rewards whenever it's available.
    We would hate to see all of our progress melt away.
    Please NEVER turn decay back on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345