Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

i sense a change in decay or renown earned end of summer or raise in guild level over 100 or a distraction or trying to make the natives happy for awhile to get in good graces with Turbine. if nothing changes than this could just be a temporary solution because the subject of renown decay will be back in full force when its turned back on, except maybe more upset people when they reach a higher decay level.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RowanNightShade View Post
    This is wonderful news and a step in the right direction. Thanks Turbine for listening. Although I and my guild mates would like to see this become a permanent vacation for guild renown decay. Again, thank you for listening and thank you for the break all the same.

Peace
    Wouldn't be the first time a vacation turned in to retirement. <subtle hint>
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Soon (tm):

New item in DDO Store!

Do you remember how awesome was it, when there was no renown decay! You can buy 1 week renown decay disabler just for 2k TP (or 10k astral shards).
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    What is this guild renown and renown decay anyways? I don't understand.
    Here's a good source of info that addresses guild renown from top to bottom: http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Renown

Turbine, thanks for giving us such the reprieve! Now if you would own kindly allow for new guild ships at Levels 65 & 70...

Quote Originally Posted by wsddo View Post
    Nice. Not thrilling, but nice.
    Were you expecting? A beautiful hand carved alabaster bathing vessel?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Soon (tm):

New item in DDO Store!

Do you remember how awesome was it, when there was no renown decay! You can buy 1 week renown decay disabler just for 2k TP (or 10k astral shards).

Community Member

This is the best announcement I've ever read here. Keep up the great work Turbine!

Default Hallelujah!

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Guild renown decay has taken a vacation! Starting today and running through the launch of the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion on August 19th, guilds can enjoy a decay free summer! During this time, regardless of guild size or guild level, no guilds will be subject to renown decay rates of any type. Gather your guildies, seek out old members, and have fun together this summer!
    Hallelujah!

And there was much rejoicing by the crowds!

Hopefully the vacation gets Turbine to see that guild renown decay gets perma-banned ^^.

Community Member

Thanks! I really like the news, and i am sure my guildies will appreciate it too! Time to get some levels at last..

Community Member

I am not sure whether to be happy or fearful that I've somehow ended up in an alternate reality.
    I'll go with happy.

Thank you for giving this a try to see how it works out.

Community Member

Default Wonderful

Thanks much for this; please make it permanent, or drastically reduce decay. Our very small guild (5-ish folks) can now stop bouncing around 53rd level and make our goal of 55th to buy a new ship.

Oddly enough, this really gives me an incentive to play again!

This is very nice, thank you!

My tomato-plants are coming along nicely and now I can relax with DDO without being paranoid about decay. This summer looks like it is going to be great

Community Member

This Guild system is pure bunk. I would say call us when decay is a thing of the past and we will play as frequently as we once did but that would suggest that Renown decay was the sole reason for playtime drop offs ...New content is great but its only new once and eventually gets boring.Dig deep ddo you need to find ways to bolster community (in game) and to build a gaming style to stave off boredom.. It's hard work keeping so many people happy but it's what ya gotta do...Trust me when I say "we want to come back" it is talked about in great details for now tho we will be extreme casual and keep our eyes to the horizon in hopes of gaming nirvana Good luck ---Eternal Agony

Community Member

Open wide and neigh.

Guild renown decay has taken a vacation! Starting today and running through the launch of the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion on August 19th, guilds can enjoy a decay free summer! During this time, regardless of guild size or guild level, no guilds will be subject to renown decay rates of any type. Gather your guildies, seek out old members, and have fun together this summer!
    Thanks! This has removed a lot of guild stress!
    Please consider making this permanent.
    Using a stick like guild decay is not a good idea in a game in any case.
    We'll zoom up to 100! Yeah right. Casual (and all other guilds) still have to build up the renown and that will still take years to get to level 70.
    But we will now be able to start progressing nicely and hopefully hit level 54 by the end of the summer!

Community Member

I hope Turbine sees the positive feedback aswell as people playing more a good thing. Fingers crossed in august renown decay will go on a long sabbatical.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Exclamation Recent guild departures

Hello, I was wondering if any other guilds out there has noticed if your recent departures are going away after the two week time period is up. For about 3 weeks now the recent departures from my guild are not going away. It started happening right after they added the "No renown guild decay for the summer" posted in forums June 20th.

My question is this happening to other guilds? Or just a bug that mine is getting? Could it be a bug since the guild decay was taken out?

I have submitted this as a bug and asked a GM about it, so far no answers.
    If any one has any information about this please or if this is happening to your guild as well please let me know I'm not alone.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilillyz View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if any other guilds out there has noticed if your recent departures are going away after the two week time period is up. For about 3 weeks now the recent departures from my guild are not going away. It started happening right after they added the "No renown guild decay for the summer" posted in forums June 20th.

My question is this happening to other guilds? Or just a bug that mine is getting? Could it be a bug since the guild decay was taken out?

I have submitted this as a bug and asked a GM about it, so far no answers.
    If any one has any information about this please or if this is happening to your guild as well please let me know I'm not alone.
    You are not alone. There is a thread specifically full of others having this problem. It seems that decay and recent departures were both frozen by the same act, one purposely, the other unintended.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Default Its time to necro this thread!

August 19th is closing in... will decay return as it was or will it be changed or just removed all together ?

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Tanngiostr View Post
    August 19th is closing in... will decay return as it was or will it be changed or just removed all together ?
    This would be nice to know, yes.

What's happening with renown? Will it go away permanently, or will small guilds once again get hammered with it?
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast