Community Member

Default How long until Grandmaster Flowers?

Not really understanding Epic Destinies and not really getting a firm grasp on how I wanted to play my lvl 20 Druid I took Primal Avatar.

Of course now that I am 10 points in and lvl 21 I am wishing I took Grandmaster Flowers as it gives some really nice melee abilities / bonuses and you can still increase your wisdom stat.

For now I do have cacoon, but the rest of Primal for my style of play - is well "meh".

So looking at the Tree Map and if I read it correctly I have to:

3 levels to "get over to" Shiradi Champion then
    4 levels to "get over to" Legendary Dreadnaught then
    3 levels to "get over to" Grandmaster Flowers.

Can I buy anything in the DDO store to make my journy faster / easier?

I'm not that far off from Shiradi - get there and then take LD and then can I immediately buy a key of destiny and then start training in Grandmaster Flowers and start twisting Cacoon?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RudedawCDN View Post
    Not really understanding Epic Destinies and not really getting a firm grasp on how I wanted to play my lvl 20 Druid I took Primal Avatar.

Of course now that I am 10 points in and lvl 21 I am wishing I took Grandmaster Flowers as it gives some really nice melee abilities / bonuses and you can still increase your wisdom stat.

For now I do have cacoon, but the rest of Primal for my style of play - is well "meh".

I'm not that far off from Shiradi - get there and then take LD and then can I immediately buy a key of destiny and then start training in Grandmaster Flowers and start twisting Cacoon?

Thanks!
    If you ever plan on tr'ing don't buy a key or grind the xp. The proposed etr / htr changes will wipe your progress. Honestly either just run up primal avatar to cap and wait there till they finalize the changes or just shelve the toon. If the changes go thru as proposed or in an option 1 scenario all your work will be removed if you do anything else.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The proposed etr / htr changes will wipe your progress.
    Well I can't plan nor play my character worrying about future proposed changes that may or may not happen.

Well I can't plan nor play my character worrying about future proposed changes that may or may not happen.
    yes but flushing money down the toliet with keys isn't that great of a plan either.

Community Member

You are assuming that I will want to TR my character.

I have no plans nor do I have any interest in TRing any of my characters.

Community Member

Thanks!
    Lol. Primal avatar has the best Epic Moment (avatar of nature) for a meele druid, also gives some nice meele boosts like +1 crit on 19-20 rolls, lightning damage on attacks and others, just have to raise all the levels of the destiny and try the abilities. Then you can capp on xp and do Ed farming and quickly go through Gmof, that is also a good meele destiny, but in my opinión, I prefer primal avatar atm for most of the content on a meele druid.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by elcagador View Post
    Lol. Primal avatar has the best Epic Moment (avatar of nature) for a meele druid, also gives some nice meele boosts like +1 crit on 19-20 rolls, lightning damage on attacks and others, just have to raise all the levels of the destiny and try the abilities. Then you can capp on xp and do Ed farming and quickly go through Gmof, that is also a good meele destiny, but in my opinión, I prefer primal avatar atm for most of the content on a meele druid.
    Awesome I'll try it out.

A lot of negativity on forums abour PA being "gimp" in dps as compared to Fury and LD.

Community Member

PA is definitely not gimp.

While it does not have the raw dps of LD, it provides much more useful utility.

Awesome I'll try it out.

A lot of negativity on forums abour PA being "gimp" in dps as compared to Fury and LD.
    PA is no good for people that 2hf only for shapeshifted, twf, and unarmed. Also it has some abilities that are still horrible bugged like summer smoke.