Community Member

Question Spell Power question

I'm a bit confused about a basic rule regarding spell power. Is there a hard cap for SP item bonuses? I have read posts that have seemed to imply that there is a 120sp cap on items. I am currently a lvl 11 (2 rogue/9 PM). The items i'm attempting to stack are two rods of combustion (+60 each), along with a robe of fire (+60), and a crafted ring with combustion (+42). Ignoring any other enhancements, am I getting the total buff from all these items (+222) or no? After trying this out, i have the sinking suspicion that i am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkira View Post
    I'm a bit confused about a basic rule regarding spell power. Is there a hard cap for SP item bonuses? I have read posts that have seemed to imply that there is a 120sp cap on items. I am currently a lvl 11 (2 rogue/9 PM). The items i'm attempting to stack are two rods of combustion (+60 each), along with a robe of fire (+60), and a crafted ring with combustion (+42). Ignoring any other enhancements, am I getting the total buff from all these items (+222) or no? After trying this out, i have the sinking suspicion that i am not.
    those are all the same type of bonus and will not stack

the most in game right bonus to spell power is 120

how ever just as an example, you can get 120 from an item and then up to 30 usp which is a different type and will stack, and your enhancment stack right now as well hope that helps

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member

That does, very much. Thank you.

Same type of bonuses don't stack, like Hob said.

When wearing multiple items with combustion Spellpower (and any other), only the HIGHEST number will apply.

To test this, you can look at your character sheet and hover your mouse over the right hand side. There is a popup tip that will list your current spellpower. Try swapping some gear around and you can watch the numbers to see what's stacking and what is not.

In your case, you'll have a 60, which is the highest number you've listed in your post. The robe and second item add nothing to your spellpower.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Spellpower is also currently fairly broken (until August? :/), so it's a terrible time to actually test any of this in combat, by the way.