Default TR and Epic grear

Basically I would like to see the min level system for item usage get rebuilt. Instead of me not being able to use an item till you are a certain level just make it so I cant use it as well till a certain level. Umd would help a bit. The effect would be very similar to event gear were there are lvl 4,8,12,16,20,24 versions of epic items but would also have a similar effect on non epic items. only I want it to be on the same weapon like that paladin sword from HOX or is it VoD. I changes based on who is holding it. Make that happen with all my higher level gear. Especially if you are about to add a whole new TR grind to the game. That gives you a direction to go with making old content epic too so their items can be upgraded.
    My Main is a 7th life Pure Druid - Friertuck

AKA LitleJohn 2nd life wiz, Starsfan 2nd life Barbarian and Thrasiuus Epic Pally 1st life and a few iconics.

Community Member

And I'd like to see Minimum Levels for gear removed completely. I bet neither one of us is getting what we want though.

Well a ESOS at level 1 is just a tad op. Of coarse my solution to making up for the OP possibilities is to just turn up the elite difficulty a little. SO what if it get to the point a first life toon cant do elite. Elite is for TR anyway not learning the game. Now perhaps the complete lack of interest in this post would sagest that it is a change that will never get done. I have just always wanted a set bonus named after my toon, that is kinda what gave me the idea. I mean maybe they don't do it with all gear but let you take 3-5 items to the TR dudes cousin or something to add a set bonus that lets you and only you (so this will make any of the gear not already BTC become BTC) can wear it but at any level. I do think the gear needs to loose effectiveness at lower levels but not so much that other at level gear becomes better.
    My Main is a 7th life Pure Druid - Friertuck

AKA LitleJohn 2nd life wiz, Starsfan 2nd life Barbarian and Thrasiuus Epic Pally 1st life and a few iconics.

Community Member

I kinda like this idea, although the way you explained it seems a little TOO expansive. But it does present a more elegant solution than hard min levels, where your power increases in huge steps when you reach the ML on certain keystone gear pieces, like when you get GS twink gear. It also would allow you to equip the "Elite" version of Normal/Hard/Elite items earlier, meaning you're not obligated to have all 3 for when you TR.

How about this: for every level under the Min Level you are on an item, you suffer a flat 5% miss chance. Just like equipping a non-proficient weapon incurs a 25% miss chance. The total is cumulative for all gear, so if you're 2 levels below your weapon, and 1 level below your helm, you have a 15% miss chance.

The penalty obviously discourages you from over-twinking, but you could equip a few pieces of slightly over-level gear before you lost more DPS than it was worth. Trying to equip an eSoS at L1, for example, would mean a 95% miss chance, and at that point you're better off with just a Screaming Greatsword of Bleed.