Community Member

Unhappy BSOD ctoss2k.sys with CSB Audigy 2 ZS

Hi,
    I've been doing a lot of reading on this issue and I still haven't found a solution. Everytime I play DDO it blue screens sometime eventually. I originally had a CSB SB0090 card in and it was bluescreening every time I played DDO. I thought switching my audio card out would solve the issue but it hasn't. All the other games I play don't seem to have this issue(skyrim, la noir and SIN).

My setup:
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz
    Conroe 65nm Technology
    RAM
    4.00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)
    Motherboard
    DFI Inc. LP DK P45-T2RS PLUS (LGA 775)
    Graphics
    1024MB GeForce 8600 GT (MSI)
    Audio
    Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)

This is the info. I get from whocrashed.
    On Thu 6/20/2013 6:00:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062013-85394-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFF854F0000, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030F1798, 0x5)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 6/20/2013 6:00:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ctoss2k.sys (ctoss2k+0x5D7F)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFFFF854F0000, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030F1798, 0x5)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ctoss2k.sys
    product: Creative Audio Product
    company: Creative Technology Ltd.
    description: Creative OS Services Driver (WDM)
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ctoss2k.sys (Creative OS Services Driver (WDM), Creative Technology Ltd.).
    Google query: Creative Technology Ltd. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I have tested the following:
    RAM
    CPU
    HDDs
    mobo video card
    chkdisk all hdds
    anti-virus/anti-malware scanned

I do not have the ability to buy a new soundcard at this time. I'm tired of banging my head on my desk. >.< Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

Try going into the game Options menu under Audio and change "Sound Playback" via the drop-down menu to "Software on [Creative Audigy]" and disable "use EAX" if active.

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are for Player-to-Player help, for official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.