Default Okay, how am I supposed to address issues with a bug if it's apparently an exploit?

My previous post was nuked because I mentioned an exploit. Fair enough, that's against the rules.

But when I'm trying to appeal to the players not to use this exploit, especially when playing with other who may be annoyed by it, how can I not mention what it is?

And if you think for a second that not mentioning it on the forums is going to stem the tide, um... yeah. The three people here that were unaware does not even begin to make a dent in the large numbers of people using it in game. And you know that old saying about telling two friends and they tell two friends, etc?

I'm just saying that this "zero tolerance" policy towards discussing exploits seems rather arbitrary and illogical for all circumstances.

At any rate, I'm sure the devs know what I'm talking about. Please fix this bug. Not only is it annoying, but it really discourages new players.

Thank you.

Devs please nuke this thread also.

He said the word exploit so it must be nuked.

Just nuke him from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    At any rate, I'm sure the devs know what I'm talking about. Please fix this bug. Not only is it annoying, but it really discourages all non-exploiting players.

Thank you.
    ftfy

Seriously though, you just plain can't talk about them, if they get fixed great, (and they should be) but in some ways it's a toss up with turbine on if they ever will be so you just have to decide if the bug/exploit is bad enough to leave over.

Community Member

Default Devs, its beneficial to some, so please fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    ftfy

Seriously though, you just plain can't talk about them, if they get fixed great, (and they should be) but in some ways it's a toss up with turbine on if they ever will be so you just have to decide if the bug/exploit is bad enough to leave over.
    Seriously, this bug is making me unhappy. I recently TRed (again) and I am really enjoying all level content of this game (except for few quests, but hey, thats to be expected). The prob is - My TR partner is on 4 weeks vacation and even togetehr, we generally PUG (to help integrate new players into game and also to to be social in general. And, ofc, to speed up some quests). The prob is - when a PUGer brings this exploit into my group, it destroys the fun for me, cause he destroys the content. So I can either:

1. Go with it. Which I DONT enjoy.
    2. Stop PUGing - I do enjoy PUGing and lets be real - there are some quests where you simply want group. Also, I really enjoy PUGing, so this dont work for me either.
    3. State in my LFM that I dont want this exploit in my groups and squelch anyone who joins and uses it. Aside from the fact that I tried this and in 5 minutes I got 9 tells asking about the nature of the exploit (uuaaaarrrghhhhhhh), I believe I can get into trouble for posting the LFM that way.

So, I am not going to start the typical - fix or I quit the game rant, but the truth is, this is the one bugg that is seriously damaging my game experience and it definitely should go. Saying that as person that doule logs into the game for 7 minutes for a very long time now and doesnt mind that ****....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    Seriously, this bug is making me unhappy. I recently TRed (again) and I am really enjoying all level content of this game (except for few quests, but hey, thats to be expected). The prob is - My TR partner is on 4 weeks vacation and even togetehr, we generally PUG (to help integrate new players into game and also to to be social in general. And, ofc, to speed up some quests). The prob is - when a PUGer brings this exploit into my group, it destroys the fun for me, cause he destroys the content. So I can either:

1. Go with it. Which I DONT enjoy.
    2. Stop PUGing - I do enjoy PUGing and lets be real - there are some quests where you simply want group. Also, I really enjoy PUGing, so this dont work for me either.
    3. State in my LFM that I dont want this exploit in my groups and squelch anyone who joins and uses it. Aside from the fact that I tried this and in 5 minutes I got 9 tells asking about the nature of the exploit (uuaaaarrrghhhhhhh), I believe I can get into trouble for posting the LFM that way.

So, I am not going to start the typical - fix or I quit the game rant, but the truth is, this is the one bugg that is seriously damaging my game experience and it definitely should go. Saying that as person that doule logs into the game for 7 minutes for a very long time now and doesnt mind that ****....
    Only thing I can think of is to PM a dev regarding the issue, and maybe posting 'No cheating' in lfm? idk really.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    My previous post was nuked because I mentioned an exploit. Fair enough, that's against the rules.

But when I'm trying to appeal to the players not to use this exploit, especially when playing with other who may be annoyed by it, how can I not mention what it is?
    Just say "please don't exploit in groups". You will of course be ignored, but you would be ignored while naming the exploit (which frankly taught a lot more people how to do it, thus making your problem worse).

What might be more effective is when you start your group ask people nicely not to use any exploits they may be aware of. They may or may not listen, but its your group so people are more likely to listen at that point than in a general forum rant that most people don't read anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Citzen_Gkar View Post
    Just say "please don't exploit in groups". You will of course be ignored, but you would be ignored while naming the exploit (which frankly taught a lot more people how to do it, thus making your problem worse).

What might be more effective is when you start your group ask people nicely not to use any exploits they may be aware of. They may or may not listen, but its your group so people are more likely to listen at that point than in a general forum rant that most people don't read anyway.
    This is probably the best you can do. State the generic "No exploits" in your LFM. I don't think that's in violation of anything. As with any LFM tag including "no zergs", "be experienced", "pass me X" and so on, people will still ignore you from time to time. Anyone coming into your group and still exploiting should come in with the knowledge that you are willing to report them if you see something sketchy so hopefully that would keep at least a few away.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Devs please nuke this thread also.

He said the word exploit so it must be nuked.

Just nuke him from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
    You used an n-word, delte his post please, dev.s.

@OP
    You are not allowed to speak openly about an exploit. And if you want to take an actually very interesting debate any further, you are not allowed to discuss Turbine politics as well. But there are other platforms available. But this official(!) forum is just a plain dictatorship regarding moderation and rules. Just accept it.

Further, Turbine has official threads and paragraphs about using exploits. If people are ignoring that already, why would they bother about your opinion ?
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 06-20-2013 at 07:28 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

OP- You're making this out to be too much. Lol, relax maybe try a calming hobby, or yoga..

1. Drop group- as many times as needed.

2. Post for new players.

3.Breath deeply, wu sah.

You're welcome

Put an LFM.."NO TR'S" and that particular exploit can't be used.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Put an LFM.."NO TR'S" and that particular exploit can't be used.
    But... but... I'm a TR!

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Turbine's policy on talking about Exploits always reminds me of a Monty Python Classic:

Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

You may believe that "everyone" knows about exploit X, but that is almost never the case. However, when exploit details are discussed publicly on forums, the number of people who know about the exploit increases dramatically, which is why we do not allow people to discuss exploit details on the forums.

If you want to get an exploit addressed, and you are concerned that we may not be aware of it, the best way to do so is to send in a bug report and PM either Tolero or me on the forums.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!